MTS-Blink TOYPAJ

he releases albums without getting the band's permission

well, i cant deny that. that is a pretty shitty move.

He buys the license. For example, everyone knows glassjaw got screwed up the ass by warner. but WB was going to press worship and tribute no matter what despite GJ themselves saying to NOT buy ANY version of everything you wanted/worship so you don't support WB.

would you have gotten mad at travis for getting the 2,000 white exclusive to H/T? even if he didn't get these, WB would have given it to someone else.

Yeah the bands got screwed by the label, but you should be mad at the LABEL, not the dude who presses the record/sells them. If it was up to the band they would even stop sales on itunes so their label doesnt make anymore money on their music.

How the fuck can you get mad at dude who tries to make a record available in your favorite format, always doing the record justice.

Seems like Mightier Than Sword, Enjoy the Ride and Academy Fight Song records are operated by morons.

Add Overdue Collection Agency and American Dream Records and you have a solid list of some of the worst labels to put out records in the last year.

Yeah dude. Everyone should put out more records like Texas In July. ETR does not belong with those labels, it seems like all you do is give other labels shit like yours is somehow "better". You have released some good records, i'm not denying that, but ETR is just as good as your label.

You don't find it odd that most other labels also think ETR is a joke? Clearly we are all crazy.

All I do is make fun of other labels? There are tons of other labels who I am good friends with and will fully back.

Those are also the same labels who don't charge $18-23 for a single LP, actually work with bands to release records - not do it without a bands consent, didn't hire interns to pack and ship their first release. I can go on if you want.

But I won't, so have fun sucking ETR's dick some more and enjoy your $30 Dream Theater records.

You don't find it odd that most other labels also think ETR is a joke? Clearly we are all crazy.

All I do is make fun of other labels? There are tons of other labels who I am good friends with and will fully back.

Those are also the same labels who don't charge $18-23 for a single LP, actually work with bands to release records - not do it without a bands consent, didn't hire interns to pack and ship their first release. I can go on if you want.

But I won't, so have fun sucking ETR's dick some more and enjoy your $30 Dream Theater records.

Easy tiger, i'm not sucking any ones dick here. I'm just saying, even if you don't like ETR, he's nowhere near as bad as the other labels you listed. I don't really give a shit about about the whole RX Bandits thing, so if you want to say that's why he's a bad label then alright. He does charge a little more than usual, but everyone has to make money. If I can get a record I've wanted for a while (the starting line, TEN, IATA) but I have to pay 23 bucks for it, it's not the end of the world. There are labels out there who charge less than you do for records, too, so some people might even say you charge too much too. I'm not saying it, but it could be said. I like your label (for the most part) and I also like ETR. But I guess that means i'm sucking his dick.

Seems like Mightier Than Sword, Enjoy the Ride and Academy Fight Song records are operated by morons.

Add Overdue Collection Agency and American Dream Records and you have a solid list of some of the worst labels to put out records in the last year.

All five of those labels have basically produced a how not to do business guide for anybody interested in pressing records. Terrible decisions and practices, the whole lot of them.

It's sad really. Kids are always talking about how much they love this band or that band and that they'd love their album to be on vinyl. Then someone like ETR comes along and presses it but does so in a shady way, sometimes without getting bands input or their blessing. The band feels wronged and kids have a "don't give a shit" attitude about a band they supposedly love, but now they have the album on vinyl, so who cares.

The trend of $15+ single LPs is amazing. There is no reason that a single LP should ever be above $15. All the new labels are doing it and kids happily pay it, which is insane. If none of you bought it, then they would be forced to lower the price.

Diabretic, your retorts are the dumbest fucking things I have ever read. How many threads have you read where people are complaining about a $12-13 LP? None because it's totally reasonable.

And "everyone has to make money"? Really? Some of us labels actually care about music and bands and want to release something sustainable and affordable. Isn't the point of music being released so that as many people as possible can hear it? A $17 single LP does not accomplish any of those things.

It's just funny that you guys always have to stick up for labels like ETR and the others. If they weren't doing shitty things then no one would be saying things to them that people would need to defend them for.

ETR puts out their releases when they say they're going to.

Yeah, it's easy to release a record without preorders when Hot Topic is paying for 66% of it.

MTS/AFS are obviously having issues. Seems to have gotten in over his head on this release big time. Not going to make excuses for him because I agree with all of you. This situation is a shit show and inexcusable. RJ is a good dude. I know he actually cares about bands, their music, and their input.

Ross from ETR on the other hand is a retarded troll that can barely type a fucking coherent sentence and is putting out big releases to make a bunch of money.

How many records have you released yocaseycasey?

The trend of $15+ single LPs is amazing. There is no reason that a single LP should ever be above $15. All the new labels are doing it and kids happily pay it, which is insane. If none of you bought it, then they would be forced to lower the price.

Diabretic, your retorts are the dumbest fucking things I have ever read. How many threads have you read where people are complaining about a $12-13 LP? None because it's totally reasonable.

And "everyone has to make money"? Really? Some of us labels actually care about music and bands and want to release something sustainable and affordable. Isn't the point of music being released so that as many people as possible can hear it? A $17 single LP does not accomplish any of those things.

All of this in huge blinking lights! I heard someone say once that it was perfectly fine to pay $7 or $8 for a 7" (simple sleeve - nothing fancy) on the regular and that blew my mind. I know it's not the days of Dischord or Ebullition anymore with $8 or $9 ppd LP prices, but $16+ for a single LP is ridiculous when labels like Numero are doing 2xLP's in brilliant gatefold packaging for under $20. People will buy things for whatever the cost because they're desparate for the product while failing to question the factors of why the costs are irregular to other labels printing similar products in equal quantities while charging considerably less.

ETR puts out their releases when they say they're going to.

Yeah, it's easy to release a record without preorders when Hot Topic is paying for 66% of it.

MTS/AFS are obviously having issues. Seems to have gotten in over his head on this release big time. Not going to make excuses for him because I agree with all of you. This situation is a shit show and inexcusable. RJ is a good dude. I know he actually cares about bands, their music, and their input.

Ross from ETR on the other hand is a retarded troll that can barely type a fucking coherent sentence and is putting out big releases to make a bunch of money.

How many records have you released yocaseycasey?

None.

I just got served.

I have nothing to contribute to the problem at hand, and have been able to completly avoid this thread despite seeing every day for the last 9 months, unfortunately today my curiosity go the better of me and i checked the last couple pages to see what in the hell was going on, and fuck my life for i have sat here for the last 4 hours reading the whole damn thing. fuck you guys very much for sucking me into this shit cuz just when i was ready to give up all kinds of references started popping up and sucked me back in. in conclusion thanks alot....assholes!