Ska Lives Vol. 2 (Comp from IVM)

okay, so first off, i'm not gonna act like i know the first thing about ska or any ska band.

that being said, i heard about this "ska lives" comp on a site i frequent, saw a Ska is Dead 7" thread up high on the VCMB, and thought i'd share it, assuming there are some ska-heads here.

http://www.indievisionmusic.com/2011/06/29/ska-lives-vol-2/

the only band on it that i really know outside of the few veterans on there is Blood and Water. they're pretty solid.

in hxc, pop/rock, some of the best bands imo are christian (UO, TDWP, norma jean, relient k, copeland, anberlin, switchfoot).

As someone who was raised on Christian music, and still listens to a good deal of it, I am going to have to completely disagree with this entire statement. First Switchfoot record rules though.

in hxc, pop/rock, some of the best bands imo are christian (UO, TDWP, norma jean, relient k, copeland, anberlin, switchfoot).

As someone who was raised on Christian music, and still listens to a good deal of it, I am going to have to completely disagree with this entire statement. First Switchfoot record rules though.

Just when you think you've seen the worst band name with the word Ska in it you find out about a Christian Ska band named Skamikaze. Life is full of surprises. Is it ironic if your religion forbids suicide but your band name is a reference to what another religion and culture considers an honorable suicide?

haha yeah it's definitely a christian thing. thought i'd still share. i don't know what it's like in the ska world, but in hxc, pop/rock, some of the best bands imo are christian (UO, TDWP, norma jean, relient k, copeland, anberlin, switchfoot).

hahahahahahahaha... this shit is just comical.

First track

The OC Supertones probably the worst Ska band I have ever heard. I bought their album before I knew any better and I heard the track blood washed pilgrim and it sorta hit me that this might be a christian album so I gave it away. Then I bought the Mephiskapheles white album and everything was alright with the world once again.

i like how you went from:

]Posted by chutterhanban on Jul 9, 2011, 12:08pm

okay, so first off, i'm not gonna act like i know the first thing about ska or any ska band.

that being said, i heard about this "ska lives" comp on a site i frequent, saw a Ska is Dead 7" thread up high on the VCMB, and thought i'd share it, assuming there are some ska-heads here.

the only band on it that i really know outside of the few veterans on there is Blood and Water. they're pretty solid.

to

man you guys are rad. just tryin to do some promotion for some friends. oh well.

stealth marketing is shitty. so is your friends' shitty christian ska band. choke on a dick.

to

man you guys are rad. just tryin to do some promotion for some friends. oh well.

stealth marketing is shitty. so is your friends' shitty christian ska band. choke on a dick.

Or his Friend is Brandon Jones and the IVM website, not any of the bands on the comp itslef.....

to

Or his Friend is Brandon Jones and the IVM website, not any of the bands on the comp itslef.....

Then that makes it even worse.