Spider-Man Trailer

This movie looks...meh.

Only reason it's a reboot of the franchise is b/c Toby Maguire and Kirsten Dunst didn't want to do a fourth movie and neither did Sam Raimi. So the studio decided to make a whole new movie and call it a "reboot". That whole 1st person POV stuff does look like a video game.

And Emma Stone is playing Gwen Stacy. And I liked Andrew Garfield in The Social Network but I can't see him as an effective Peter Parker / Spidey. But hey...I could be completely wrong. Whatevs!

I thought the whole purpose of the reboot was to pave the way for an Avengers movie or series of movies to go along with Ironman, Thor, and Captain America. I guess they need to establish each character and the overal story arc before they bring it all together.

Emma stone is playing gwen stacy, not MJ. So blonde hair is spot on. Also, i think the biggest thing to get over is the presence of Dennis Leary, not the first person POV action sequences.

This movie looks...meh.

Only reason it's a reboot of the franchise is b/c Toby Maguire and Kirsten Dunst didn't want to do a fourth movie and neither did Sam Raimi. So the studio decided to make a whole new movie and call it a "reboot". That whole 1st person POV stuff does look like a video game.

And Emma Stone is playing Gwen Stacy. And I liked Andrew Garfield in The Social Network but I can't see him as an effective Peter Parker / Spidey. But hey...I could be completely wrong. Whatevs!

I was under the impression that the studio pulled the rug from underneath Rami. They realized that the amount of money they'd be paying to compensate the director and the cast would be so expensive that even if the movie was a success their return on the investment wouldn't be enough to justify the risk. Thus, they reboot and hire a bunch of people who have only been in the industry a short while (i.e. cheaper) and they make more money.

So essentially what I'm saying is that the only reason this reboot even exists is because of greed. But that's not really anything new...

Why the hell aren't we discussing the new teaser trailer for The Dark Knight Rises??? (nevermind... I totally missed Yu's comments)

I thought the whole purpose of the reboot was to pave the way for an Avengers movie or series of movies to go along with Ironman, Thor, and Captain America. I guess they need to establish each character and the overal story arc before they bring it all together.

Emma stone is playing gwen stacy, not MJ. So blonde hair is spot on. Also, i think the biggest thing to get over is the presence of Dennis Leary, not the first person POV action sequences.

Spider-Man won't fit in the Avenger's movie universe since Sony owns the rights to Spider-Man now.

Spider-Man won't fit in the Avenger's movie universe since Sony owns the rights to Spider-Man now.

I Think at this point Sony owns Spiderman and X-man rights. I don't think they are going to give those up and back to Marvel Studios for a long time. So I won't expect a WWII movie with Cap America and Wolverine for a very long time. Though that would be E-P-I-C! :(

Plus Spider-Man was never really part of the Avengers in the first place...

I also agree with an earlier comment about how the first person sequence is probably just for the purpose of getting people excited for the trailer. I wouldn't doubt that that scene doesn't even make it into the actual movie.

I also agree with an earlier comment about how the first person sequence is probably just for the purpose of getting people excited for the trailer. I wouldn't doubt that that scene doesn't even make it into the actual movie.

The POV sequence looks a lot better in 3D (I saw it before Cap America). And while Spiderman nor Wolverine are technically Avengers, it would've been sick if they included them in the movie.

I never really followed the Avengers, but doesn't he appear w/ them occasionally?

I understand wanting to start fresh with a new cast, but why another fucking origin story? I'm watching the trailer and all I can think about is how each moment was portrayed in the movie that came out 9 years ago. It's not like they're remaking a movie that came out in the 50's. This is a story nearly everyone has seen fairly recently. It's like if someone remade Avatar 7 years from now.