Thrice - Major Minor PO

I can totally see this going through quickly, Thrice is big and they certainly took a bunch on tour with them.

Yeah I'm also not surprised they sold all of these so quickly. Look at some of their previous records which have pressings of 1-2000 and command $100+ ebay prices. (TAITA, Vheissu, Alchemy Index)

They are big and the demand on their vinyl is too great.

I can totally see this going through quickly, Thrice is big and they certainly took a bunch on tour with them.

Yeah I'm also not surprised they sold all of these so quickly. Look at some of their previous records which have pressings of 1-2000 and command $100+ ebay prices. (TAITA, Vheissu, Alchemy Index)

They are big and the demand on their vinyl is too great.

But all of those took quite awhile to sell out. Alchemy was available for a very long time online as well as in stores. Beggers was the first time I really saw such a demand for Thrice Vinyl as it was being released (Although Multiple Variants will do that to people). I remember getting Vheissu for $18 and I thought I overpayed at the time. That was after it had been out for quite awhile on the /Underoath/Bled tour

waffles.fm

what.cd

Not counting the fact that those are invite exclusive, Demonoid is also a better choice if you're looking to hop on a new release without worrying about maintaining ratio. But all in all, I'm baffled that anyone torrents music anymore.

I have a 320 CD rip of Major/Minor, for the exact reasons everyone has pointed out. And it sounds phenomenal. If you can't dig one up, Andrew, I'll upload it for you.

+1

Thanks for the offer, Yarostino sent me a few link I'll try first and if they dont work then I'll let you know.

Yea Im not surprised they sold 4000 LPs, Im surprised how quickly they sold 4000 LPs. Especially for a band who is past their record selling peak.

So how about a Vhiessu re-press Travis. Obviously it will sell.

I asked Island about Vheissu and Artist and they said no to both.

Will probably bug them again and keep bugging them til they press them. Seeing how well the new album did might sway them to do a re-press.

Will probably bug them again and keep bugging them til they press them. Seeing how well the new album did might sway them to do a re-press.

Awesome. Thanks for the effort. They wouldnt lose anything by doing it.

demonoid for music lol

whats wrong with demonoid good sir?

I won't go into pirating specifics... but I'll simply say that a Google search will net you every jam you could want, 99% of the time. Way faster and less complicated than any P2P business.

the quality control in terms of bitrate, mangled files, etc. getting stuff off rapidshare, megaupload or whatever... leaves a lot to be desired.

what is a dream for all of this, plus as of a couple of months ago they have extensive release/pressing differentiation (for releases where that makes a difference), on top of multiple formats/bitrates/etc. in addition the members there are such perfectionist nerds that any problems get sorted out quickly.

demonoid is great for the occasional app or movie/TV show, but for music I never found it to be compelling.

the quality control in terms of bitrate, mangled files, etc. getting stuff off rapidshare, megaupload or whatever... leaves a lot to be desired.

what is a dream for all of this, plus as of a couple of months ago they have extensive release/pressing differentiation (for releases where that makes a difference), on top of multiple formats/bitrates/etc. in addition the members there are such perfectionist nerds that any problems get sorted out quickly.

Getting music from demonoid/rapidshare links is like buying your groceries from the corner store. The prices may be reasonable and it may be a lot more convenient to shop at, but they probably won't have the freshest food and the selection will be minimal. Getting music from what is like shopping in a some super fancy indoor French market. The prices are steep but you really can't beat the quality or the selection.

Yea Im not surprised they sold 4000 LPs, Im surprised how quickly they sold 4000 LPs. Especially for a band who is past their record selling peak.

Major/Minor did more first-week sales than Beggars did. Thrice is having a renaissance right now, commercially.

Yea I just mean they arent selling as well as when Artist came out, that had to have been their peak. Im sure even Vheissu outsold Beggars and this new one in its first week by quite a bit.

Im sure Major/Minor outsold Beggars cause its a better album tho.

Still impressive they were able to move this many LPs so quickly.

I wanted to jump into this thread to LOL at people quibbling over bitrates and digital audio quality...ON A VINYL MESSAGEBOARD.

How about you just listen to your record for superior audio and then realize that if you're not at home, your apple earbuds won't portray the difference between 190 and 320 no matter what.

I wanted to jump into this thread to LOL at people quibbling over bitrates and digital audio quality...ON A VINYL MESSAGEBOARD.

How about you just listen to your record for superior audio and then realize that if you're not at home, your apple earbuds won't portray the difference between 190 and 320 no matter what.

Some people use them to burn CDs. Just sayin'.

While this is adorably pretentious of you, I feel like we were having a valid discussion. I love the way my Major/Minor vinyl sounds. Make no mistake about that. I do not, however, have a portable turntable. [Nor have I used a pair of Apple ear-buds outside of my first iPod's unboxing.] I love me some Thrice, and I love quality audio... on vinyl or otherwise. Problem?

Regarding What + Waffles vs. RARs + ZIPs... I get where you're coming from, and the grocery store analogy is probably a pretty accurate one. However, I think I've maybe downloaded one bad / poorly tagged RAR, in my history of... music pursuit. What.CD is really good with "big releases" - in terms of getting them early - but there several albums in this year alone that I dug up online, at full quality, a full week before anything surfaced on What.

I guess it's about knowing where to look? I "shop around" the analogical grocery marts before hopping on a random Mediafire link. Genre-specific blogs (that are on the ball with upcoming releases) have treated me very well. But to each his own -- I'm not knocking either preference.

But back on topic, I guess.

I think a lot of it also has to do with Thrice fans becoming privy to vinyl over the last few years, with the supposed resurgence in LP sales. Alchemy was probably an exception, for the time: I imagine that Thrice fans who were becoming interested in vinyl weren't looking to spend quite that much for liner notes and a fancy package. But that's speculation on my end.

I feel like Beggars flew off the shelves -- it didn't seem like long at all until people were asking pretty exorbitant prices for colored versions. Like many, I'm still surprised by how quickly they [supposedly] moved 4,000 copies of M/M. It'll be really interesting to see how their next vinyl release fairs.

Hilarious that a company within an industry that has been plagued with an ever decreasing demand for it's product and dwindling profits won't take a relatively risk-free opportunity to make a little money. Maybe not a lot of money but hell, what do they have to lose?

Hilarious that a company within an industry that has been plagued with an ever decreasing demand for it's product and dwindling profits won't take a relatively risk-free opportunity to make a little money. Maybe not a lot of money but hell, what do they have to lose?

Thats what I said to them. Vinyl is non-returnable. Retailers can return CDs that dont sell 90 days after street date if you want to but all vinyl is a one way sale.

Basically I just asked them to press 1000 of each of those records and said Id buy them all, they would get a check from all those records and never have to think about it again, just cash the check. There is literally zero risk for them. They werent interested ???

Thats what I said to them. Vinyl is non-returnable. Retailers can return CDs that dont sell 90 days after street date if you want to but all vinyl is a one way sale.

Basically I just asked them to press 1000 of each of those records and said Id buy them all, they would get a check from all those records and never have to think about it again, just cash the check. There is literally zero risk for them. They werent interested ???

The fuck????

THE FUCKING FUCK?