Native - Wrestling Moves on Vinyl (coming soon)

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is not to criticize anyone here because I know that I don't know any of your motivations but it really blows my mind to look at the TSR store page and notice that a number of titles have almost the complete stock left for each piece of vinyl except for the rarest color variant. Its like the most plentiful color has AIDS. I feel like a lot of people are ordering the rare one for flip value or bragging rights. I'm not saying that any of you are doing this. I'm just saying its probably no coincidence that all across the store page, the rarest color for any given release is sold out with hundreds of the other colors left. Is anyone else noticing this and getting the same impression?

Either way, go Native!

This is not to criticize anyone here because I know that I don't know any of your motivations but it really blows my mind to look at the TSR store page and notice that a number of titles have almost the complete stock left for each piece of vinyl except for the rarest color variant. Its like the most plentiful color has AIDS. I feel like a lot of people are ordering the rare one for flip value or bragging rights. I'm not saying that any of you are doing this. I'm just saying its probably no coincidence that all across the store page, the rarest color for any given release is sold out with hundreds of the other colors left. Is anyone else noticing this and getting the same impression?

Either way, go Native!

I don't know if I am buying this argument. If you look on ebay, it is rare to find any of these releases being sold there (*at flippable prices that is)

Either way, go Native!

I really think it just depends on the artist/release. Take IIOI's Twelve Towns LP for example - the first pressing sold out pretty quick. He's more popular than a lot of the other bands on the roster.

Either way, I'm still going to pick up a maroon variant even if I did miss the clear.

Either way, go Native!

If you're spending $11 are you going to buy the one /100 or /250? Of course the lower number will go quicker. Now maroon is selling, and after that black will slowly trickle down.

Most people buying these will keep them and enjoy them. Sure a few will pop up but it's not like a Blink record.

i'm just happy you guys support us and our bands in general. Kevin and I get to release music for bands we love. Not that many people can say that!

Also, regarding the quantity left of releases...it's a bar graph so the amount that needs to be sold for each color variant to make a dent is different. if we have 10 of the most rare available, 50 of the middle and 100 of the most common. the same dent for 1 of the most rare selling is equal to 5 of the middle and 10 of the most common. I also feel really lame explaining this.

^Interesting. I understand what you're saying but I don't understand why it is that way.

I realize most of the artists on TSR are not big eBay flippable artists but it just seems weird to me that people jump on the rarest color and seems to be just because its the rarest color. Maybe I'm wrong. If it means that the label somehow gets more out of selling a rarer variant, so be it. I just thought it looked fishy. Apparently my inquiry was worth a smite. No biggie. Its more interesting to me personally regarding this release since I hate orange in general and would much rather have a black or maroon. I realize color favoritism is subjective though.

Anyway, I hope this lasts til I can grab a copy. Or maybe I'll just get it today and not buy records for about four months. Car bullshit and other expenses.

^Interesting. I understand what you're saying but I don't understand why it is that way.

I realize most of the artists on TSR are not big eBay flippable artists but it just seems weird to me that people jump on the rarest color and seems to be just because its the rarest color. Maybe I'm wrong. If it means that the label somehow gets more out of selling a rarer variant, so be it. I just thought it looked fishy. Apparently my inquiry was worth a smite. No biggie. Its more interesting to me personally regarding this release since I hate orange in general and would much rather have a black or maroon. I realize color favoritism is subjective though.

Anyway, I hope this lasts til I can grab a copy. Or maybe I'll just get it today and not buy records for about four months. Car bullshit and other expenses.

For the record, I didn't smite you.