Native - Wrestling Moves on Vinyl (coming soon)

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Got this in the mail today! It looks and sounds fantastic but is anyone else having skipping problems? My clear/orange copy skips a ton. I might be asking the guys at Topshelf for an exchange. :/

My maroon copy skips as well; however, it only skips on Side B. I sent an e-mail to them and Seth said that they hadn't heard from anyone else yet that had this problem. So e-mail them at [email protected] and let them know!

Hey Everyone. I'm just now reading this at 8:30 pm. We got a few emails today about this, since im assuming most people just got their copies in over the weekend. I'll be in touch with the pressing plant tomorrow to see what can be done. The tests sound absolutely amazing so i'm figuring that a scratch formed on the stampers while they were pressing these. Also, given the fact that it's the same thing and on all three colors. Definitely bummed about this and just wanted to chime in so you all know that we're looking into it.

Thanks...Seth

Wow. That definitely sucks. I guess this makes me glad I held off but I hope the second press wasn't done with the same stamper.

Me too, I picked up all 5 pressings of this album, Love this band and was really happy to see this album finally pressed, So Sucks that all 3 I have so far have issues. Hopefully the represses will be fine.

Could the people having issues with the B side let me know the type of turntable they have? Seems like a few people have posted saying that theirs sound good. I'm in no way saying that there might not be a problem, just trying to figure out all possible solutions. I'll be listening to a lot of copies that we have here to see if I can replicate the skipping on the b side. Just wanted to keep people up to date on this.

Fisher MT-883. Thanks again, Seth, for keeping us informed in a quick and timely manner!

Out of curiosity, how might the type of turntable affect the quality of Side B if Side A played perfectly?

The pressing plant wanted me to ask people the type of turntables. Apparently there is a turntable that target is selling, which happens to be the most popular turntable in the country this year that is causing a lot of issues with skips on records that don't have any issues. Also, could people tell me where on the b side you are having skips? Is it consistent every time you play side b or does it move around? Thanks

Also, could people tell me where on the b side you are having skips? Is it consistent every time you play side b or does it move around? Thanks

It skips right from the beginning of Side B for me and it is consistent. I didn't listen all the way through because I became frustrated at how often and consistent it was skipping but if you'd like me to I could!

Also, did you receive the 20 second example that I sent to you the other day?