We are the Romans reissue?

What? Folks are discussing the pre-orders and the likelihood of getting a copy of the record depending on the place they put their order in. Totally relevant stuff as this pre-order went down only a couple of weeks ago and it's still up in the air as to what distros and companies got copies of the record outside of what HH sold.

Ever since HH posted the picture of the records, I keep expecting some sort of announcement when copies will begin to show up.

But I don't think the topic of whether Amazon gives you a 5 dollar credit on a mismanaged pre-order is really all that relevant, if you really want to delve into semantics. It was that silly conversation that made me post, not so much the RevHQ or the invinylwetrust speculation.

Hope you guys get your records.

Hey dude, I'm sorry if I came across rude in what I said - I just wasn't sure where you were coming from in terms of what you were saying (if you had missed the pre-order all together or something like that). It's definitely good to know what distros are carrying it (if any) and judging by the photos that have been posted in here, I'm assuming it's shipped out to atleast a few folks.

• Replies 787
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey dude, I'm sorry if I came across rude in what I said - I just wasn't sure where you were coming from in terms of what you were saying (if you had missed the pre-order all together or something like that). It's definitely good to know what distros are carrying it (if any) and judging by the photos that have been posted in here, I'm assuming it's shipped out to atleast a few folks.

no worries man. don't sweat it.

If I remember right, they start shipping on Oct. 25th. I'm not 100% on that but I'm sure the info is all over this thread.

Yeah, but in a perfect world (where Hydrahead aren't really dicks) if you have copies of a record a couple weeks ahead of its release date, the buyers aren't reaching too far out on a limb to possibly expect it earlier.

but it is supposed to be sent out the week of the 25th. So I'll expect it around Halloween and be damned satisfied if I have it by then.

I'm with Julio right now and he indeed does have this. LP 1 is Orange Marble and LP 2 is blue marble. Nothing like the picture that's posted.

EDIT: yeah...this fucker scored what seems like a first press.

So Cesar and I were confused by the whole pressing situation so we decided to take it Vacation Vinyl in LA. Some of you may know but for those who don't, the store is owned by Hydrahead peeps who seemed to be more confused then the people at Amoeba. After they did some research they discovered that Amoeba ordered ONE copy of the new pressing and they put it out early...lucky me.

For everyone that asked for a photo, here it is.

[image]

actually, it's not. it says "what seems like a first press" and Hydrahead said Amoeba ordered 1 copy of the "new pressing" and put it out early. that's why I'm asking, for some clarity. those are supposed to be the colors of the new pressing.

it says nothing like the picture that's posted. all I've seen is one of the colors, the swirl/haze. is there another one in this thread I'm missing?

Apparently this is the solid blue and orange version of the new pressing - that's what I'm taking from what he said about them putting out the 1 copy they were able to get of the 'new pressing' and him snapping it up. Looking back, this picture and the swirl/haze are the only two pictures with the second of the two being the cooler looking ones.

Colors for first pressing:

100 army green/olive green

300 blue and white marble / orange white marble

800 black / black

actually, it's not. it says "what seems like a first press" and Hydrahead said Amoeba ordered 1 copy of the "new pressing" and put it out early. that's why I'm asking, for some clarity. those are supposed to be the colors of the new pressing.

it says nothing like the picture that's posted. all I've seen is one of the colors, the swirl/haze. is there another one in this thread I'm missing?

you arent very good at the game clue, are you?