Have you ever.....

heard of such an idiotic way to have your mail delivered? I recently moved, and I've had a helluva time getting my mail. At first the post office sent all of my records back as 'undeliverable'. I raised hell to get this to stop, and now they deliver my records. They hang them in a plastic grocery bag on my mail box across the street. What ever happened to a little friendly notice saying that you have mail waiting for you at the post office?

Yeah, I opted for the doorstep. Just weird, I haven't ever lived in a place that delivered the mail so unprofessionally. I mean, I'm glad to get it, but I don't think I live in the best neighborhood.

I've had 3 mail delivery people over the past two years at my old apartment. The first guy used to throw them like a Frisbee from the bottom of my door step, I caught him one time and freaked on him. The second guy about 6 months later would just cram them in the mail box. The 3rd and most recent was a collector and when ever he saw my car out front he would ring the bell and wait for me hahaha I would always open them in front of him. He hated my taste in music but he would always talk with me about records. The newest guy at my new place delivers them right to my door!

My usual delivery person usually comes around 11:30am. If no one answers our buzzer, they try another name i the building. If they don't answer, they hold on to the package. Then around 4:30pm, when they head back to the post office, they drive by my building anyway, so they try then. Usually either my wife and I or the other person is home, but if not, then they leave the form to pick it up the next day.

That person is awesome.

I've had decent luck over the last few years or so. However some of the subs are godawful. I have most stuff delivered to my work so that's pretty hassle free. The mailman that delivers to my apartment puts stuff in between my door and screen door so there's usually never a problem and it won't be in direct sunlight. Really happy I have mailmen that have common sense (sans the subs).

I was trying to avoid having my mail sent to work, because I work with nosy people who don't understand why I collect records. It has almost affected the amount of hours I get because people are pissed that I have extra $$$ to collect records and apparently they think they have more responsibilities than I do. I was really excited when I moved to a place that has an actual mailbox. The last place I lived, you had to have a po box, unless you had it sent to a place of business. I might just get the po box here too.

my new postman doesn't do anything special. but my old one was fuckin' awesome. he bought records too so he knew how to handle my packages.. once one i got one that was broken as it was wrapped in a bubble mailer only, he left a post it on the package and said sorry, this is how i got it. dude was a total cool dude. totally left him a pre-paid mastercard for $50 for christmas once..

Some USPS people are spiteful assholes. If you can have it delivered to your job. Home delivery is always a nightmare

Can you blame them though? The job is a never ending pile of busy work. Combine that with the fact that the USPS posted a loss of $3.1 BILLION dollars in JUST the third quarter of this year. Which means they are going to have to SERIOUSLY cut back in a lot of areas. Such as staffing... they won't be able to reduce their workforce to a manageable level through attrition alone. They're going to have to fire people. And if I were in that situation... I wouldn't be very happy about it.

Sorry to get all recession-esque on ya'll :(