more SPITALFIELD & robbed.the.bank RECORDS

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't believe that I have ever criticized Ross for what he does with Enjoy the Ride records. If anything I believe I have stood behind him. I have put his flyers in my orders announcing his upcoming releases. I try not to shit on people that do things they enjoy or believe in.

As far as just licensing records, to this point yes I have only 'released' four records all of which were licensed. However, when I started doing these records it was because I was talking with both of these bands. We both thought it would be awesome to see these releases on vinyl. Being two of my favorite bands I would love to license them. If you aren't into what my 'label' does I am sorry but you don't have to buy it.

I wasn't trying to scare anyone into buying anything with the 'you won't want to miss them' comment. I am just excited about how my lame chicago deep shit pizza box nonsense turned out.

As far as i know you have never had anything bad to say about myself or my label and I thank you for that. We all have growing pains as labels and companies to get the kinks worked out and our course I will admit that I made some mistakes in the few releases(mine were primarily shipping related) but regardless I just wanted to comment in the thread and back RTB for putting out a great product. I will be buying the pizza box assuming they dont sell out too quick. Keep up the good work my friend.

From my inbox:

This maybe news to some of you, unless you read the back of Alternative Press or hangout on some message boards but yes WE ARE RELEASING MORE SPITALFIELD ALBUMS (sorry for the caps but thats how excited we are). We are releasing Spitalfield - Stop Doing Bad Things & Better Thank Knowing Where You Are on vinyl. These will both be limited to 500 copies with three colors each.

Stop Doing Bad Things colors will be: Gold with light blue accents, Light Blue with Gold Accents & Brown

Better Than Knowing colors will be: Opaque Green, Green with Black swirl & Half Green Half Black.

If that wasn't enough for you, there will also be a 'Chicago Supreme' Box Set with a copy of all three Spitalfield records that we have released limited to 50 copies. These records will have a special color vinyl. We think that the boxes look amazing (you can find pictures of these boxes at www.robbedthebank.com .

We have been asked if there will be Friends Presses (test presses) available and the answer is yes! I will be putting those into the store sometime on Monday (9/12/11, thats right, thats this Monday). Also, Preorder for the records themselves will be going up sometime on Friday (9/16/11 yes, this coming Friday) with a street date of 9/23. So these are coming up quick. If you want to know exactly when these go up be our friends on facebook and we will update you with more information and goodies.

We need your help to spread the word of these releases coming up. So think of this as a little contest! Get the news of these releases posted on your favorite music news site (excluding message boards but get the news posted there too) and get something special from us. We will not let you know what it is, its a surprise. It could be anything from a note to test press. All you have to do this the following:

Report the news to said website (Absolute Punk, Property of Zack, Punk News, etc.), get credit for reporting the news, send us a link to the site giving you credit along with your address. Easy right! Let's get the news out there.

One last thing (sorry, I am not trying to write a book) we have teamed up with some friends to make awesome benefit posters. We asked out friend who make some amazing artwork, Bjorn Bauer, if he would be interested in donating a piece of art for us to turn into a screen printed poster. He was gracious enough to lend us his piece called 'Justice?'. Then we had our friend Patrick turn Bjorn's work into some amazing posters. 100% of the proceeds from these posters will be donated to Invisible Children. If you do not know who they are we STRONGLY recommend checking them out. It will be life changing. Pick them up in our store and spread the word.

I think that is it for now, sorry for making it so long. If you have any questions feel free to send us an email. Thanks for the support and help in getting the word out there & we hope that you are as excited about all of this as we are.

THANK YOU!,

jason

robbed.the.bank RECORDS

www.robbedthebank.com

you make it seem like enjoy the ride is making a killing charging at most $4.99 for shipping. he is making like 30 cents profit there.

Have you ever mailed a record before?

Not feeling Spitalfield at all but I back this label.

Jason if you're reading this I'd love to trade records and carry both of these in my distro!