more SPITALFIELD & robbed.the.bank RECORDS

[image]

robbed.the.bank RECORDS is excited to announce that on September 19th we will be releasing two more great albums from Spitalfield.

Spitalfield has been one of my favorite bands for the better part of the past decade. So we consider it a privilege to be able to put out these records.

Both records will come on a limited release of 500 copies each; both spread across three colors. There will also be a 'Chicago Style' box set that will contain a copy of all three Spitalfield albums that we have released (Remember Right Now, Stop Doing Bad Things & Better Than Knowing) on a special color vinyl. These box sets will be limited to 50 and you won't want to miss them we think they look pretty rad.

We hope that you are as excited as we are. "Like" us on facebook to be kept upto date.

We have more amazing plans for the rest of the year.

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

arent you one of the guys who runs somewhat of a label who criticizes and hates on the way enjoy the ride does his releases, yet you are doing pretty much the exact same thing with this?
did he say they're going to be more than purchasing them separately and that they come with artist liner notes that glow in the dark and aren't available with the regular albums? that sucks. i totally missed that in the thread though.

i knew there would be a ton of support for this guy but i didnt think it would come in just a few minutes. i just find it funny how other "labels" that only exist to license other real label's releases talk and look down on one particular "label," but stick up for certain practically identical "labels." at least enjoy the ride has actually released something though, instead of purely licensing everything and calling it a "release."

i knew there would be a ton of support for this guy but i didnt think it would come in just a few minutes. i just find it funny how other "labels" that only exist to license other real label's releases talk and look down on one particular "label," but stick up for certain practically identical "labels." at least enjoy the ride has actually released something though, instead of purely licensing everything and calling it a "release."

i don't think you get it. there's a good way to do business and a bad way. it's about dicking around fans by releasing something and charging more just because you can and scaring people into ordering it right now cause its limited. some of those etr records would have sold 500 copies on plain black vinyl, but he wanted to scare people into buying them. not to mention the only etr record i own, sounds like shit. i don't care for any of the bands either label has released, but i've bought robbed the bank's releases and the juliana theory record from etr. etr makes nice packages and pockets money for unnecessary shipping, where robbed the bank actually puts out a nice sounding product and charges a fair price. there's a huge difference.

but seriously, what is your point? do you think by playing devil's advocate, you're getting people to think? do you think someone will read your posts and have a revelation? they won't. they just think you're annoying.

your argument of charging fair prices is null without knowing what it actually cost for either person to put out these "releases." especially since this guy hasnt said how much he will charge for this lame chicago deep shit pizza box nonsense.

if robbed the bank wants to charge $3 for shipping and lose money, that's his problem. you make it seem like enjoy the ride is making a killing charging at most $4.99 for shipping. he is making like 30 cents profit there. there was some issues with shipping for one of his records, which he addressed and lowered after peopl like you bitched at him non stop for pages and pages.

as for variants, both "labels" have them. as for limited, this pizza box is limited to 50 and in the press release/ad thing he says "you won't want to miss them," which is scaring people into buying it. sound is relative and depends on set up, and there will always be some better amp, receiver, turntable or speakers out there you don't have.

don't forget your "label" also does all of these things too! multiple and limited variants, screen printed covers, license everything. so all you guys are "dicking around fans." but you think you're somehow better than enjoy the ride. be careful coming down off that horse, it's so high the fall will kill you.

my point is why defend certain people/"labels" but take a huge dump on other people/"labels" when they all do pretty much the exact same things.

I don't believe that I have ever criticized Ross for what he does with Enjoy the Ride records. If anything I believe I have stood behind him. I have put his flyers in my orders announcing his upcoming releases. I try not to shit on people that do things they enjoy or believe in.

As far as just licensing records, to this point yes I have only 'released' four records all of which were licensed. However, when I started doing these records it was because I was talking with both of these bands. We both thought it would be awesome to see these releases on vinyl. Being two of my favorite bands I would love to license them. If you aren't into what my 'label' does I am sorry but you don't have to buy it.

I wasn't trying to scare anyone into buying anything with the 'you won't want to miss them' comment. I am just excited about how my lame chicago deep shit pizza box nonsense turned out.

I'm not one for defending ETR because I had a nightmare experience with my Starting Line orders and the owner was a total tool when I tried having the problem addressed...but with that said I do find it funny that some labels that order 20 test presses and sell them for probably a 600%+ mark up are trashing people for "charging more just because they can". Give me a break.

Stop drawing an invisible line in the sand and expecting people not to cross it. You are not in touch with some all knowing mystical force that tells you the exact point when someone is charging too much.

Btw i've only had great experiences ordering from robbed.the.bank. I'm sure he is not making a lot of money off his releases (if any) and I have no problem at all with him coming up with unique/interesting packaging ideas to generate extra income so he can release more records.

thanks for the support guys. but i think everyone is allowed to have their opinion. if people think i have a shitty label because i license albums that i love, i am ok with that. i am however very pumped to have these albums coming out on vinyl. i think those pictures dont do justice. here is a better photo:

[image]

and i believe that i have already addressed this but i want to say it again; i like Ross and ETR records. I am thankful they have pressed the records they have because i enjoy those also

thanks for the support guys. but i think everyone is allowed to have their opinion. if people think i have a shitty label because i license albums that i love, i am ok with that. i am however very pumped to have these albums coming out on vinyl. i think those pictures dont do justice. here is a better photo:

[image]

and i believe that i have already addressed this but i want to say it again; i like Ross and ETR records. I am thankful they have pressed the records they have because i enjoy those also

I love the side of the box! That is clever.