VC Secret Santa 4.0 (updated 10/18)

• Replies 413
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Needing a postcount is stupid. Ive been around a few years and still am not at 1000. I guess that makes me unreliable?

sure does.

it's just a deterrent. there are many that have been new and others who have been under 1000 that have participated.

besides the first year there were several newbies who totally skipped out on sending their gifts even after receiving theirs. hence why we made that stipulation. everything isn't perfect, but we try.

ok, i'll be posting the rules up in a day or so. gonna go over it with justin to make sure and get a set of different eyes.

to newbies. we might change up the rules this year. might have to run this past justin, but we haven't had any bad luck with newbies so why not just make it open to everyone. but newbies have to send first and will not receive a gift until their receiver gets his gift. sound good? all packages must be out by Nov 1 as well. so we have exactly 1 month to send. i think that's fair. if you can't do it by all means let me know. it would be nice if everyone got their shit early this year instead of after xmas.

Down with this

i hope you guys like receiving ICP figurines rekkidz as gifts.

Thanks Jack White!

newbies have to send first and will not receive a gift until their receiver gets his gift.

Short of having all first timers send their packages to an intermediary, how can this be enforced?

first timers send early (stipulation). when their package arrives their senders get notified to send their packages. easy as that, and it's been done the last 2 years. we got it all covered. justin and i are badasses. :P jk. i'm totally a dumbass. he on the other hand is still badass. (just giving you props justin)

We can just have first timers include a tracking number so the other person can track their shipment? That help?

tracking #'s are mandatory for everyone. you'll learn soon enough that it's wise to do so in any case when purchasing or trading on here. they are also for me and justin to acknowledge you've sent said package, we then can track them ourselves and keep track of who's sent and who hasn't and get on their ass if they haven't. trust me, figuring out who has and hasn't sent a package is taxing if you don't have a confirm # for 40+ people. we have a system and it works. the only difference is we're making it available to everyone. nothing different from the past 2 years. it's worked rather flawlessly the last couple, so i don't see why we should change it. unless we add some stupid rule to make it more fun, like records can only be red, white, or green vinyl, or every package must have a handmade cd compilation with your own cover or something included with embedded hints into the cd comp.

anyone have any ideas on something new to add to the gifts this year?

or every package must have a handmade cd compilation with your own cover or something included with embedded hints into the cd comp.

I was thinking of something a long this line. If you're able to, make a mix cd for your giftee with some of the music you enjoy and maybe want to share. This way it's an added bonus in the gift but also maybe you can expose someone to new music and bands they may not have heard of before. And hopefully dig and become fans.

And a haiku. Definitely a haiku.