Pour Habit and crowdsurfing lawsuit

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

God I love the internet. Feel free to harass him here.

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1379305888

EDIT: And here is his band

http://www.myspace.com/crossinglinesband

EDIT EDIT:

And here is him (on left) at a concert 5 months after this incident. Doesn't look like he was very traumatized.

[image]

funny how his only interests in employment were jobs that absolutely forbid visual impairment.

sounds like he just wants to pay his medical bills and his lawyer is juicing up the story.

w/e.

if you can't deal with an injury, don't stand next to the stage at a punk show.

if you know moshing and crowd surfing bothers you...don't stand right up front....you can hear better from the back of the room anyways

The energy in the front is better than the back - we all know that. Tell ya what, crowd surf in the back and leave the music up front. Seems reasonable, right?

Most people don't want some sweaty gorilla of a dude riding their backs. I know no one that talks about how much fun it was to constantly pass people around the crowd. It might be fun for you but trust me, it isn't for anyone else. One persons experience or fun should not ever take priority over the large majority of the crowds desire to dance and catch a decent show.

if you know moshing and crowd surfing bothers you...don't stand right up front....you can hear better from the back of the room anyways

The energy in the front is better than the back - we all know that. Tell ya what, crowd surf in the back and leave the music up front. Seems reasonable, right?

Most people don't want some sweaty gorilla of a dude riding their backs. I know no one that talks about how much fun it was to constantly pass people around the crowd. It might be fun for you but trust me, it isn't for anyone else. One persons experience or fun should not ever take priority over the large majority of the crowds desire to dance and catch a decent show.

i don't know what shows you go to, but people who normally go to punk shows don't give a fuck what others decide to do. everyone goes with the flow and hopefully no one gets hurt. it is what it is. it's a punk show. it's been happening for longer than you've been alive, so i don't see the nu-skool attitude changing the general ethos of punk shows anytime soon.

well unless you're at a fugazi show. so just deal or go stand in the back. i'll probably be there drinking a beer. :P

I hope you didn't misread what I typed as I stand in the back, or that I don't enjoy being up front and having a blast at shows...I'm well aware of what the front of a crowd is like and quite enjoy it...if I get hit or whatever, so be it, it's rock n roll, it ain't supposed to be safe.

What I'm saying is....if you're going to act like a giant vag-castle and act like a giant wimp at a Rock n Roll show....if crowd-surfing/stage-diving, moshing, assholes screaming along out of tune, or anything more than bobbing your precious little head is offensive or scares you, then you probably shouldn't be up front at a Rock n Roll show. I agree that passing people around isn't a blast, nor is riding on people during a show...but it comes with the territory ya know. I find it lame as hell that anybody would sue somebody over this...it's not like a GG Allin show.

I'm not into getting anybody's piss, shit, spit, or blood on me....so if I knew that was going to happen at a GG Allin show....I'd probably stand near the back ya know....if it happened to me, and I got offended, well, then I probably shouldn't have been there.

i don't know the band that's getting sued over this crap, but i hope that ridicule the hell out of this kid...write an entire album ripping this kid a new asshole for being such a whiny little prick about it all

I'm not into getting anybody's piss, shit, spit, or blood on me....so if I knew that was going to happen at a GG Allin show....I'd probably stand near the back ya know....if it happened to me, and I got offended, well, then I probably shouldn't have been there.

that's exactly where i stood. about 15 feet from the door. it was so disgusting and i loved every minute of it.. except for the music. gg allin's music sux..

Its an obnoxious practice, that's all. I'm all for letting energy go but I'm all for respecting those around me. (Hated the kick boxing trend too) I also approach this as someone knocked on conscious by a stage diver as a 17 year at a show in the old Limelight. Fucking dumbass hit me feet first in the head while I was dancing. Sorry if he came from my backside and I couldn't see him. You know what sucks? Concussions. The puking. The short term memory loss. Waking up with four strangers carrying you out of a huge crowd. So yeah, I know concerts, been going for 19 years. I get this kids frustration but it never crossed my mind to sue. I think stagediving is an assinine selfish way to enjoy a show. My experience, my opinion.

Its an obnoxious practice, that's all. I'm all for letting energy go but I'm all for respecting those around me. (Hated the kick boxing trend too) I also approach this as someone knocked on conscious by a stage diver as a 17 year at a show in the old Limelight. Fucking dumbass hit me feet first in the head while I was dancing. Sorry if he came from my backside and I couldn't see him. You know what sucks? Concussions. The puking. The short term memory loss. Waking up with four strangers carrying you out of a huge crowd. So yeah, I know concerts, been going for 19 years. I get this kids frustration but it never crossed my mind to sue. I think stagediving is an assinine selfish way to enjoy a show. My experience, my opinion.

so 19 years worth of shows, and it's happened once...glad you didn't sue.

That shit sucks for real...but I'm assuming (which I realize is asinine) since you were dancing...and you got hit feet first to the head, that you weren't facing the stage....again, if you're up front at a rock show, dance if you want, do what you want, but if you aren't paying attention, I don't have a terrible amount of sympathy....i've been known to mosh once or twice and stage dive a few times (only if I jump up and sing along in a mic or something...which ain't often). I've gotten a knock to my noggin a time or two from kids crowd surfing up behind me....but I'm always paying attention to the stage at rock shows to watch for stage divers so I don't get hurt, i throw kids who come near when surfing (try to throw 'em over the barrier if there is one or on the stage, or just pull 'em straight back down into the crowd). But this is all part of the Rock n Roll experience...i realize that you're bummed because you got knocked the fuck out once, and you like being up front because of the energy, totally empathize with you on being up front.

But this kid, i mean, it was the lead singer of this band that squashed him right??? Had he been paying attention to the band playing, he probably could have gotten away from getting squashed or pushed back or something...I think what I'm saying is, everybody enjoys Rock shows differently, but if you're back is turned away paying more attention to something other than the band....and you get hurt because of that...maybe you're doing it wrong.

Look, the Limelight was a huge stage, you turn to look at the guitarist on one side and you wouldn't see the other edge of the stage. I'm not looking to argue the layout of concerts or whether people should have fun, of course you should. I had my finger snapped in half by a fucking kickboxer at a Shelter show in the Stone Pony. All I was doing was trying to keep the ass from kicking me in the head. Part my fault for being at a Shelter show. My point is that actions that impinge on others safety are stupid, plain and simple.

I get it, you probably like to stage dive. I'm giving you a different perspective on why this kid might be pissed. I've had three concussions in my life. 1. Limelight - not my fault, 2. No ones fault, #3 was all my fault. I lost peripheral vision for 6 months and saw mostly red in my right eye - it was scary as someone who does camera work to lose sight and color. So this kids frustrated since he'll never be a surgeon. He's taking his frustration out in the wrong manner - wouldn't be my way to settle it up.

I really don't care if it's kickboxing, floor punching, stage diving or crowd surfing - I'm for enjoying a concert without risking anyone else's safety. I don't see why that's such a controversial statement. I get that these are all popular practices in different circles. They just aren't necessary and impinge on the good time of the majority.

Anyway, I'll bow out of this one. I get that my opinion isn't popular in this thread. All good though, I like a good debate.

Jersrydave: at least now you can go to bed knowing scott can see your posts. So congrats! :-)

I don't know who Scott is. Too many lawsuits over stupid shit. I am all for the courts being used for justice and believe in the value of how a suit can hold one accountable but this strikes me as silly. Or.....I fucked up and could be a millionaire if I listed the 3 or 4 cases I've passed on bringing.(I actually have some good ones).

var ads = new Array("300x250-1.png","300x250-2.png","300x250-3.png");

var num = Math.floor(Math.random()*ads.length);

if(Math.floor(Math.random()*2) == 0)

{

if(Math.floor(Math.random()*2) == 0)

document.write('+':qqwruve8]ProBoards Free Forums');

else

document.write('+':qqwruve8]ProBoards Free Forums');

}

else

{

document.write('ProBoards Free Forums');