ever meet anybody famous?

Two major ones... and these are hardly celebs...

Dan Patrick at the 2005 MLB All Star Game in Detroit.  Sat next to me.  

Had a glass of wine with Nina Gordon from Veruca Salt years ago.

====

Obama greeted a 10 of us on Staten Island when we were working there after Hurricane Sandy and he was visiting.  Gave us about 5 minutes of his time.  That was fascinating overall.  One of those..."did that just happen" moments.

Tons of bands have stayed at my place throughout the years, but a few more notable experiences

-ran into the singer of Buckcherry and kept telling him how great of an actor he was in Salton Sea and the New Guy, told him the music thing wasn't gonna pan out for him so he should keep acting. He invited me out skateboarding.

-written up while working for Hot Topic because I kept referring to the Disturbed as a local band that could practice in my friend's basement if their mom's ever got tired of listening to them "jam"

-flipped off by the singer of Powerman 5000 because I kept asking him "how crazy would it be if, you know, the world would collide and stuff"

-hung out with Chris Cole as he may have been hitting on a co-worker, told him I could help him get the P in the V 

-met Bam Margera and kept referring to his reality show "3rd Rock From the Sun", he was not amused

I don't do well with celebrities 

i love you

My one encounter...  not as good as Ronnie's...

I was at an Atmosphere show in 2003 at Metro Chicago.  Dillinger 4 had opened up as they were also a Minnesota thing.  During the show, I was appalled by how awful they were, so I was voicing my displeasure to my brother, who was with.  One girl took exception to me and was saying how disrespectful I was talking shit about how bad they were.  I got into that argument of how I am entitled to my opinion, etc.  I didn't do anything disrespectful to the band (middle fingers, f-you's, etc).  We got heated and said she was Slug's girlfriend.  I told her to fuck herself.  5 minutes later, I was being pulled back into the crowd by the hood of my hoodie... it was Slug from atmosphere).  Obviously in a drunken stupor, he started asking if I had problems with him or his girlfriend or his friends in the band.  I was wondering where the hell I was... it was quite a moment.  People were screaming Slug!  Slug!  It was so fast and so bizarre.

i met warren moon, drew hill and Ernest givins at Houston oilers training camp as a kid. got moons and hills autograph but no givins cause i didn't have his card. i think moon tried tell me something inspirational or something cause i just remember blah blah blah kid and he shook my hand. i was star struck and maybe should have listened a bit better

Bobb Bruno from Best Coast signed a record for me at a show. Unfortunately, Bethany wasn't sitting at the merch table with him.

Also, Chloe Moretz. The Moretz family used to live in my hometown and go to my church, and I was friends with one of her brothers. That basically translates to "I knew her before her memory kicked in," which doesn't amount to much. Still a good conversation starter, provided people actually know who she is.

I can't even count the number of times I've had to say "Hit Girl from Kickass" to jog peoples' memories.

At the restaurant I work at, I have waited on Cole and Dillan Sprouse, the dad from Victorious, and the Dog Whisperer (not so interesting, I know). I also had a conversation with Chad Michael Murray through the window of the restaurant. We were closed, but I told him we could make him a sandwich. He declined. I know there are more, but I can't think of any right now. Oh wait, haha, I waited on John Fogerty. He apparently writes up here a lot. He ordered the chili. Not surprising that I haven't seen him since. Our chili is pretty awful. By the time I realized who he was, the damage was done.

At the restaurant I work at, I have waited on Cole and Dillan Sprouse, the dad from Victorious, and the Dog Whisperer (not so interesting, I know). I also had a conversation with Chad Michael Murray through the window of the restaurant. We were closed, but I told him we could make him a sandwich. He declined. I know there are more, but I can't think of any right now. Oh wait, haha, I waited on John Fogerty. He apparently writes up here a lot. He ordered the chili. Not surprising that I haven't seen him since. Our chili is pretty awful. By the time I realized who he was, the damage was done.

Are they shooting another season of Surreal Life at your restaurant? Because that is a large amount of D-List celebrities in one place.