DEFTONES "The Vinyl Collection 1995-2011" box set

• Replies 542
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think I may have actually talked myself out of buying this. I already have every other album of theirs except for SNW which is going to be re-released soon anyway. So i don't really see the point in dropping $200 on something I already own and am going to own in the near future.

And what happens when they release their next album? This box set no longer will include all of their releases. Seems like a cash grab more or less.

Plus, I kind of question the resale value of this thing. If a deftones fan cared about vinyl at all by this point they'd have a few of their albums (like myself). What incentive would they have to re-purchase something they already have for $30/lp? Don't get me wrong... this thing looks awesome but I just can't bring myself to do it. I will however oogle any pictures people post once they do get one ;)

I think I may have actually talked myself out of buying this. I already have every other album of theirs except for SNW which is going to be re-released soon anyway. So i don't really see the point in dropping $200 on something I already own and am going to own in the near future.

And what happens when they release their next album? This box set no longer will include all of their releases. Seems like a cash grab more or less.

Plus, I kind of question the resale value of this thing. If a deftones fan cared about vinyl at all by this point they'd have a few of their albums (like myself). What incentive would they have to re-purchase something they already have for $30/lp? Don't get me wrong... this thing looks awesome but I just can't bring myself to do it. I will however oogle any pictures people post once they do get one ;)

Valid points bro. The biggest reasons to own this are /1,000 , 180 G, hand numbered, possible band autograph, and gatefold (looks like it in pics). When I hear those things I am usually all about it.

Valid points bro. The biggest reasons to own this are /1,000 , 180 G, hand numbered, possible band autograph, and gatefold (looks like it in pics). When I hear those things I am usually all about it.

Don't get me wrong... I would love to own this. I bet it's going to look totally f'in awesome. I just couldn't bring myself to pony up the $200 for it :-/

Don't get me wrong... I would love to own this. I bet it's going to look totally f'in awesome. I just couldn't bring myself to pony up the $200 for it :-/