College Football

I know at least one other person on this board digs it (Birdwell). I searched a year of the boards and came up with nothing but a BCS hate thread. So, if you care, state your allegiance. Roll Tide, baby. 5-0 as of right now and completely shellacked Arkansas and Florida in consecutive weeks. Love watching this team play. Fuckin' headhunters on defense, and they run the ball with authority on offense. Now if only McArron could hit the deep ball we'd be set for real.

Bummer year to be an Arizona fan. I was cautiously optimistic at the start of this season, but it's been pretty depressing so far. Coupled with ASU performing to expectations, I'm not a happy camper.

Looking forward, though, I think we'll end the season somewhat close to .500. We played 3 top 10 schools in a row, got rocked, but now we're getting to some significantly "easier" games.

Only been to 1 game this season (vs. Oregon), not sure if I'll have it in me to go to any others.

My girlfriends sisters both attend ASU, so i have been half ass keeping up with them this year and they are decent. I was stoked when they beat USC because i have a coworker who is a know it all shit head that likes them and it made me very happy when they lost. Haven't kept up with arizona whatsoever though. Notre Dame will forever be overrated every year, when was the last time they were LEGITIMATELY a national threat? I don't remember either. I don't have anything against them personally, just stating that.

Roll Tide Til I Die (as mr. diabretic stated).

can't fucking believe Auburn squeaked out another win last week (S.Car got screwed hard, they totally had a full second left on that game clock, could've at least attempted a field goal to tie it up)...super tired of Auburn fans talking shit when they clearly have no room to.

Bummed about this conference merging bull shit....aggies proved themselves unworthy to compete in the SEC

mike, how'd that Ohio St Michigan St game end? i forgot to even check back on that shit

Ohio State lost. It surprises me how bad that team really is. Also, fuck auburn. I wonder how many more football games they have shoved up their ass, because they have definitely pulled a lot of them out. Also, Hoss, 2009 season opener in the georgia dome. never forget. hahaha. i think they are on the schedule again in 2013 though so the hokie birds have a shot at revenge.

My girlfriends sisters both attend ASU, so i have been half ass keeping up with them this year and they are decent. I was stoked when they beat USC because i have a coworker who is a know it all shit head that likes them and it made me very happy when they lost. Haven't kept up with arizona whatsoever though. Notre Dame will forever be overrated every year, when was the last time they were LEGITIMATELY a national threat? I don't remember either. I don't have anything against them personally, just stating that.

93 is probably the last year, they had the title game in sights and lost to Boston College on the last play of the game. Broke my heart that year.

And yes they overrated every year. They have good classes but yet fail to produce. I'm a big fan but I'm also a realist. And what you said is 100 percent true.

Our QB is great, probably an early round pick next year's draft, and we have a number of decent receivers. But we are in the bottom 10% in both rushing and points against. (As of last week we were 119/120 in the nation for rushing)

We had a great defense the last few years (the bulk of our D-line was drafted last year), but we are playing a lot of new players now. I think we're getting better, though, and given the rest of our schedule this season, I still retain some hope in a bowl game.

We may suck at football this season, but basketball season is just around the corner ;D

I know at least one other person on this board digs it (Birdwell). I searched a year of the boards and came up with nothing but a BCS hate thread. So, if you care, state your allegiance. Roll Tide, baby. 5-0 as of right now and completely shellacked Arkansas and Florida in consecutive weeks. Love watching this team play. Fuckin' headhunters on defense, and they run the ball with authority on offense. Now if only McArron could hit the deep ball we'd be set for real.

Suprised at how many Bama fans that are on this board. The University of Alabama is my alma mater and I love this team this year. I have been watching Alabama football since 1990. My dad graduated from UT-Knoxville and my stepdad went to UA and started taking me to Alabama football games in 1990. After that there was never a choice, Bama has been my team ever since. Like I said above I have seen so many good Bama teams over the years. 1992,1999,2009, but 2011 may be the best defense of them all. Most all of our Linebackers and Defensive Backs are future NFL players. Courtney Upshaw and Donta Hightower, and Dre are absolute beasts. And of course TR running behind that line is a task in itself for any defense. AJ could definitely throw the deep ball better. I don't think he has hit someone in stride all year long. The good news is that there are only three teams left on our schedule that have any chance against BAMA. LSU, Auburn and Tennessee. I don't think that those last two have much of a chance at all. I still think Auburn loses 5 games. I still can't believe last year. To quote Denny Green " We had'em and we let'em off the hook". Never been disappointed in any Alabama game as that one. And let me tell you, I have seen some disappointing Alabama losses. I was at Bryant Denny when we lost to LA-Monroe as well as being at Legion Field when we lost to Peyton Manning's University of Tennessee 41-14 in 1995.

I still hate Peyton manning because of that shot of him directing their band after that. Man that chaps my ass. That loss to LA-Monroe is about as embarrassing as they come. It's really ridiculous how much i love to watch the defense go out there and destroy offenses. It almost looks easy. Alabama's defense is MUCH better than LSU, imo. the game will be close because they are both very good teams, but come on, they gave up over 500 yards of offense to a mediocre at best West Virginia team. I'm hoping Trent cements his heisman candidacy against the bayou bengals, in a shaun alexander esque performance. only at home this time. I love Alabama Football. Good god.

var ads = new Array("300x250-1.png","300x250-2.png","300x250-3.png");

var num = Math.floor(Math.random()*ads.length);

if(Math.floor(Math.random()*2) == 0)

{

if(Math.floor(Math.random()*2) == 0)

document.write('+':va03u6z0]ProBoards Free Forums');

else

document.write('+':va03u6z0]ProBoards Free Forums');

}

else

{

document.write('ProBoards Free Forums');

}

ProBoards Free Forums

penn state fan since birth; i bleed blue and white.

and i'm bleeding a lot right now. i love joepa (who doesn't?) but the man needs to retire and the rest of the coaching staff needs to stop living in la la land. if they have a 6-6 season i think it will be because of luck.

Ohio State lost. It surprises me how bad that team really is. Also, fuck auburn. I wonder how many more football games they have shoved up their ass, because they have definitely pulled a lot of them out. Also, Hoss, 2009 season opener in the georgia dome. never forget. hahaha. i think they are on the schedule again in 2013 though so the hokie birds have a shot at revenge.

I haven't forgotten,haha. I just hope the Tide destroys Auburn next month in The Iron Bowl.

Syracuse Orangemen for me. Worst mascot/name, mediocre team, and crappy stadium. Still, they're my team.

Well, they used to be worse. As just the Orange they dropped the "man" to get away from the imagery of angry Protestants kicking the shit out of the Irish in Northern Ireland during the Orange Marches each year. (My brother is a Syracuse alum and being of Irish decent I used to harass him to no end about this until they changed the name)

I'm a Gator fan and damned if we didn't get exposed this past week. I don't think they can hang with LSU but I'm praying for a miracle.

Ohio State lost. It surprises me how bad that team really is.

Yeah, our offense is pretty damn offensive. I know we're a young team, but that's no excuse when an equally young defense is more than holding their own. Hopefully, whoever they hire to be the new HC in 2012 will bring in his own O coaches, but leave the D in place.

Regarding the SEC chatter, after seeing UF w/o Brantley, LSU-UF isn't even going to be a game. A lot of the locals here don't seem to positive about LSU's chances against Alabama, though.

Our QB is great,

His tattoo artist... not so much.

I'm a FCS guy here...went to a no-name school in Boone, NC school called Appalachian State (well, Michigan fans might still remember the name, but not many others). We've been doing pretty well down here since then...at least a share of all conference championships, but haven't won a national championship since the Michigan year. We have the talent to make some noise in the playoffs again this year, but going all the way is doubtful unless we find some mountain mojo as the season progresses.

I love both FCS and BCS football...when I'm not pulling for ASU (Appalachian St.) I'm basking in the local glory of ACC and SEC football - amazing games every week - and I cheer on the Oregon Ducks just because.