Gaslight Anthem Sign to Mercury?

Most likely they'll do like many before them and release an album or two on Mercury with little change to their sound (though even the slightest variation will draw the ire of those who say they've loved them from the beginning) before going back to an indie and staying there.

Ah, punk rock politics.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most likely they'll do like many before them and release an album or two on Mercury with little change to their sound (though even the slightest variation will draw the ire of those who say they've loved them from the beginning) before going back to an indie and staying there.

Ah, punk rock politics.

you wonder what's going to change if anything. don't think they would've signed if it was going to result in major changes they weren't comfortable with. KOL was a small band that got big and signed to a major label and most of their fans didn't like the transition musically or otherwise. Don't see TGA going that route at all though, LOL. I think they will be just fine :)

Kings Of Leon have always been signed to a major label, RCA Records, ever since their first EP.

you wonder what's going to change if anything. don't think they would've signed if it was going to result in major changes they weren't comfortable with. KOL was a small band that got big and signed to a major label and most of their fans didn't like the transition musically or otherwise. Don't see TGA going that route at all though, LOL. I think they will be just fine :)

Kings Of Leon have always been signed to a major label, RCA Records, ever since their first EP.

well my whole point was they weren't very popular, only in small towns down south and then in some parts of England, after they got fairly popular across the U.S. (only by the night) and more attention from their label a lot of longtime fans seemed not to like them anymore b/c they say their sound have changed drastically since they 'blew up.' I still like them, just saying.

well my whole point was they weren't very popular, only in small towns down south and then in some parts of England, after they got fairly popular across the U.S. (only by the night) and more attention from their label a lot of longtime fans seemed not to like them anymore b/c they say their sound have changed drastically since they 'blew up.' I still like them, just saying.

LOL you are so right LOL

LOL you are so right LOL

I haven't really dug gaslight since the 59 sound, even the 59 sound was hard for me to swallow at first. Sink or Swim was got me into them. I thought they had for more energy and excitement with that album. Not really a fan these days. Good for them. Make some money, go see europe 8 thousand times, tour the west coast once, party on...

I haven't really dug gaslight since the 59 sound, even the 59 sound was hard for me to swallow at first. Sink or Swim was got me into them. I thought they had for more energy and excitement with that album. Not really a fan these days. Good for them. Make some money, go see europe 8 thousand times, tour the west coast once, party on...

this basically sums up my opinion.

+1

+1

Yeah it was all downhill after Sink or Swim. I did like American Slang a lil bit, but it's not the same. Funny thing is I could finally be that guy that says "Oh those guys, I saw them in a basement and hung out with them before they really blew up." Har Har

Yeah it was all downhill after Sink or Swim. I did like American Slang a lil bit, but it's not the same. Funny thing is I could finally be that guy that says "Oh those guys, I saw them in a basement and hung out with them before they really blew up." Har Har

+1

The whole never coming to the west coast thing is pretty frustrating.

+1

The whole never coming to the west coast thing is pretty frustrating.

I don't know about them never coming out West... While they do play Europe a ton, they've played Arizona 4 times in fewer than 5 years. I can't imagine California numbers being any lower. (I know for certain there have been a couple tours where they played every surrounding state while passing over AZ)

I don't know about them never coming out West... While they do play Europe a ton, they've played Arizona 4 times in fewer than 5 years. I can't imagine California numbers being any lower. (I know for certain there have been a couple tours where they played every surrounding state while passing over AZ)