Smashing Pumpkins

ok, wrote to amazon.ca and according to the person I got said they cant do that, because the sites "operate independently". Instead they upgraded my shipping method (which I actually have little use of, because even with the cheapest option it would have gotten here only with 48 hours - from USA to Eastern Europe). I'm afraid it now might even get here slower :)

Markok, that's what i was told, so i copied the email along with the new order number which stated, that Amazon.ca said i would get it at the origianl PO price through Amazon.com and that the price was to be ammended after placing order'. WIthin an hour i recieved an email saying the price had been ammended (checked my order to make sure too) and an apology for the hassle!

A pain in the arse to finally get there, but at least it got there in the end.

Markok, that's what i was told, so i copied the email along with the new order number which stated, that Amazon.ca said i would get it at the origianl PO price through Amazon.com and that the price was to be ammended after placing order'. WIthin an hour i recieved an email saying the price had been ammended (checked my order to make sure too) and an apology for the hassle!

A pain in the arse to finally get there, but at least it got there in the end.

The thing is that my e-mail didnt state that I would get it with the same low price at amazon.com

The thing is that my e-mail didnt state that I would get it with the same low price at amazon.com

You're right, i never either, so i got back on the live chat thing, and said that i had read on forums that people were getting discount codes or new order prices ammended and that i would be grateful if they could do the same deal for me. I kept very civilized during all contact with them, so don't know if that helped, it was shortly after that correspondence that i recieved the email from Amazon.ca saying to order from .com instead and the original PO price would be honoured. Hope this helps.

You're right, i never either, so i got back on the live chat thing, and said that i had read on forums that people were getting discount codes or new order prices ammended and that i would be grateful if they could do the same deal for me. I kept very civilized during all contact with them, so don't know if that helped, it was shortly after that correspondence that i recieved the email from Amazon.ca saying to order from .com instead and the original PO price would be honoured. Hope this helps.

Thank you, tried it, but it didn't work. I was very diplomatic about it, but still. I guess I will wait for the amazon.ca one to become available, nothing much else to do at this point.

Thank you, tried it, but it didn't work. I was very diplomatic about it, but still. I guess I will wait for the amazon.ca one to become available, nothing much else to do at this point.

Unlucky there mate, i wasn't confident that i would have got it reverted to the original PO either, maybe just got in there early enough, still, nothing ventured and all that.

I understand you would like to know if we can honor the price of the

"Mellon Collie & the Infinite Sadness" CD sold on our international

partner site, Amazon.ca.

I'd like to help and honor the price, but I'm unable to do so because as

stated on the attached e-mail; Amazon's international sites operate

independently.

We consistently offer competitive prices on everything we carry;

however, the prices on our website are subject to change. While the

Amazon.com website has accurate pricing information, as per policy, we

don't honor prices or savings posted without our permission on other

websites--even with our own international partner sites. I hope you

understand our limitations regarding this matter.

Maybe someone lucky enough to have their orders switched to .com could share their amazon email as a reference?

"

That's understandable, I'm sorry we are not able to honor this. Since we are separate sites we have different inventory and suppliers that do not transfer items or costs between the sites. Is there anything else I can assist you with today?

"

Fuck it.. cancelled and ordered from .com. Got the same answers as you dudes after talking with both Orders and Promotional/Discount departments. Splitting the cost with the lady as a xmas gift to us. Ships tomorrow and am happy to get this before Christmas. Not willing to risk not getting a copy at a decent price after being jerked around by these guys. 1/2 impatient 1/2 distrusting.

So you called .com and said hey here is what they did, can you help me, they looked at your .ca order and made it right?

Trying to figure out exactly what you did so I can copy! thanks buddy!

I called amazon.ca, and they set it up so I would order from amazon.com and then they'd refund me the difference

I chatted with a rep and called Amazon.com and neither would price match across sites. The lady I spoke on the phone with was super, super nice and apologetic but said there was no way she could adjust the price to what is essentially 1/3 of the price they are selling at. In the end, she gave me a $10 credit on each of the two copies I originally ordered. Better than nothing.