Smashing Pumpkins

I had no luck on the Amazon.ca chat trying to get it switched over to Amazon.com. I'm going to call when I get out of work and hopefully can persuade them. I don't get how they can do it for some and tell other people it's not possible.

i went through hours on the phone yesterday and finally got it done. the first person i spoke to on CA was very helpful and said to place the order on US and once it ships to call back and they'd give me the refund of the difference. when i called back today, they said they saw the notes and would gladly transfer me to .COM to apply the refund. .COM said absolutely not, they don't do that and .CA would have to help me. I called .CA back and they said they have no way of doing it, and that the person that helped me the day before was not allowed to offer that. because i had proof that he did, they finally found a supervisor to help me and i had to sit on hold for a half hour while they explained it to a higher-up at .COM. Everyone I talked to reminded me how this would not be done for anyone else and that person would be talked to as well as an email going out to all customer support (SERIOUSLY?) to let them know this can never be done. no exceptions.

so good luck.

One dude's opinion was that it had always been that way, just became more accentuated on this pressing (louder or whatever)

''

I heard the problem with Zero immediately and was pretty disappointed, but after a second listen, it wasn't as noticeable as it was the first time around. It did cause me to go back to my original CD issue and, upon listening very closely, I can make that distortion out. I guess I never paid much attention it before, or never heard it? I bought both the vinyl reissue and the CD reissue, so my next step was to compare it to the CD reissue and, once again, the distortion sound is there if you listen closely, maybe a little louder than it was on the original release. I could be wrong; I'm in no way an audio snob. I could also hear some of the same sort of distortion at the beginning of Thru the Eyes of Ruby. I can only assume that it's the way it was intended to sound, but it's really loud. The last LP in my set had some problems with it, so I am sending it back. Hopefully what I heard was just my copy, but it doesn't sound like it was. Either way, I'm more than excited to have it on vinyl. If the replacement has the same issue then I suppose that's how it's supposed to be heard.
''

IMO Zero sound great until it hits the chorus... Then the vocals sound off and it almost sounds worst as the song progressed... listened to the digital version to compare and seems its the vinyl not the remaster! This of course is my opinion, but if a digital version sounds better than a vinyl something is off!!!

IMO Zero sound great until it hits the chorus... Then the vocals sound off and it almost sounds worst as the song progressed... listened to the digital version to compare and seems its the vinyl not the remaster! This of course is my opinion, but if a digital version sounds better than a vinyl something is off!!!

that last statement isn't always true. vinyl is a more precise replication of the recording. you might hear more distortion or imperfections if it was recorded as such. let's remember that this is a mid-90s rock record. it sounds fine. i wouldn't let any of the complaining dissuade anyone from buying the set.

i came home to mine tonight, and it is awesome. really killer packaging, sounds awesome. i'm having a really good time revisiting what was one of the most important records of my childhood. i don't regret for a second how much money i spent on this.

I wasnt exactly complaining...nor do I plan on returning it! But simply stating an opinion that it doesnt sound all that good in this format...I've heard the original press vinyl and that sounded better! I wouldnt let it block me from buying...its ONE song....but you may have a point that, yes the remaster/pressing shows more imperfection which was inherent in the original recording...

anyway enough said! lol