Smashing Pumpkins

For unknown reasons, Amazon Canada seems to automatically send emails for any order not filled within a set period, even some preorders. It seems that if you have an order outstanding for whatever that perioid is (2 or 3 weeks), you get a "we're still trying to fiil this" message. I got the same message today for the "Blood on the Tracks" Mobile Fidelity that isn't released until February. I didn't get a message for the Nick Drake??? I wouldn't worry about this.

Its released on tuesday

It will be avail everywhere

I love everyone thinking that their amazon messages are personalized or that some conspiracy exists between amazon and SP. Amazon is a huge company shipping millions of products. They dont care about this box set and the emails you are referencing are generic automated. They didnt employ someone to fuck with over anxious neurotic Smashing Pumpkins fans for a box set

Actually, because of the fiasco with the recent The Beatles, I doubt the records selling segment will even cut even this november/december, so anything is possible.

For example, I will send back two Beatles box sets next week, the total return shipping for these will be approximately 200 USD (from Europe to Canada). And amazon is paying for it.

Actually, because of the fiasco with the recent The Beatles, I doubt the records selling segment will even cut even this november/december, so anything is possible.

For example, I will send back two Beatles box sets next week, the total return shipping for these will be approximately 200 USD (from Europe to Canada). And amazon is paying for it.

have you returned something overseas to amazon canada before? last time i did (it was just one record) and they said they'd refund the shipping price and gave a close estimate. then i got refunded $3 which was the domestic shipping price. good luck.

mark, tell me more about this 'fiasco' and why you're sending the boxes back.

Its all over the internet. Long story short, The Beatles stereo vinyl remasters were pressed in two factories, in Germany (forgot the name of the factory) and in USA (factory named Rainbo). As it turned out, the ones pressed in the USA have major playback issues ("non-fill" issue, also described as "string of pearls" by Michael Fremer) and records themselves have a lot of scuffs (in my first box, almost every record was with scuff marks) and a lot of them are warped.

As of right now, these records are still sold as there is nothing wrong, but if you browse the forums, its clear that its nearly impossible to find a decent acceptable pressing, let a lone a box, where every record is in acceptable condition.

Amazon will definitely repay you the returning cost, whatever the price. I havent returned much, but in the case I have, they returned the whole return shipping cost.

The EU pressings (those made in Germany) of these remasters are generally ok, at least according to reviews. They are a lot more expensive though.

I think the Canadians are just mad because they're not getting their annual dose of hockey in. Someone, please send the Amazon.ca offices a shipment of Tim Hortons donuts so we can get our SP records FAST!!!!

(btw, if that offends any of the Canadian readers on this site, just laugh it'll all be over soon)

Just got off a chat with Amazon.ca regarding the email we received this morning. I was told it's not a question of if, but when they will have stock. So I think we can rest easy again. For now.

That's encouraging. For the price I'm paying, I'm more than willing to wait an additional month or two to get this.

Like alot of others on here i got my Amazon.ca PO cancelled, anyway did the live chat thing with them then got an email saying to order from Amazon.com and then email them and get it at the original PO price, which i did and recieved an email back saying they had discounted the price (which they did), anyway just got an email saying it's now shipped :) - Hopefully missing the upcoming xmas delays to the UK.

Like alot of others on here i got my Amazon.ca PO cancelled, anyway did the live chat thing with them then got an email saying to order from Amazon.com and then email them and get it at the original PO price, which i did and recieved an email back saying they had discounted the price (which they did), anyway just got an email saying it's now shipped :) - Hopefully missing the upcoming xmas delays to the UK.

Well, this sounds like a plan: :)

Write to amazon.ca...

Order from amazon.com... Hope that they wont charge your credit card during the first hour...

Write to amazon.ca again...

Wait for a reply and still hope that amazon.com dont charge your credit card for full price too soon...

ok, wrote to amazon.ca and according to the person I got said they cant do that, because the sites "operate independently". Instead they upgraded my shipping method (which I actually have little use of, because even with the cheapest option it would have gotten here only with 48 hours - from USA to Eastern Europe). I'm afraid it now might even get here slower :)

"Mellon Collie And The Infinite Sadness" has been proven to be a very popular item and has become a surprise sellout.

When you placed your order, we believed we had access to more copies. However, all of our suppliers have rapidly sold out of this item.

We have many customer orders for this item and we're waiting for more copies from our suppliers. We are filling orders as quickly as we can on a first-come, first-served basis.

Major distributors have thousands of copies on order from the publisher, awaiting the next print run. As soon as more copies become available, we'll be able to fulfill outstanding orders.

Meanwhile, I can assure you that we are working hard to obtain this item for you and we will ship it as soon as we are able to obtain it. This means that we will ship the item as soon as we receive it from our suppliers even if the estimated ship date has still not arrived.

In addition to our large selection, one of the benefits we try very hard to offer our customers is convenience, and we have not met that standard in this case. Please accept my sincere apologies.

We look forward to see you again soon.