Doghouse Records announces The Cassette Series

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wouldn't pay 7 cents for a cassette let alone 7 bucks. I can't believe people would shell out money for a cassette in this day and age. Maybe they will try bringing back the 8-track tape or the mini disc and trying to make those hip next.

because either of those things were ever even successful.

My mind is blown that this shit is tolerated.

People can just fucking rip off whoever, for however much they feel and you put a couple years behind, and it's like it never happened.

Exactly. This board doesn't seem to give a shit, though.

I guess it makes sense for a board started by Virgil.

I wouldn't touch another Doghouse release. This guy has acted unethically and like hell if I'll support him. I don't want cassettes anyway but people need to be held accountable and I feel like this used to happen.

Exactly. This board doesn't seem to give a shit, though.

I guess it makes sense for a board started by Virgil.

I wouldn't touch another Doghouse release. This guy has acted unethically and like hell if I'll support him. I don't want cassettes anyway but people need to be held accountable and I feel like this used to happen.

For the uninformed, what happened with doghouse in the past?

I'm still struggling to understand the resurgence in cassettes. Especially cassettes of records that people already own. I'm being serious, can someone explain the appeal? Is it just another item to collect from a band you like? No sarcasm intended, let me in on your thoughts.

I was wondering the exact same thing but didnt make a post about it cause I didnt know how to word it without sounding like a dick haha. Im curious as well. I really dont understand.

I mean, I have all the variants of the AJJ - Knife Man tape, but that's because of my AJJ collection.

Besides that, most of them are things not on vinyl (and a couple are collectible; I have two variants of Three Man Cannon - Nelson tape, which isn't on vinyl to my knowledge, and I won my Minus The Bear tapes from the early pre-order thing.).

But yeah, besides those AJJ tapes and those MTB tapes, I'm pretty sure none of mine are available on vinyl. I just used to jam tapes when I was little. Where some people return to vinyl because they recall a fondness for the format (among whatever other reasons they have), I've done the same with tapes. Vinyl's a newer passion in comparison.

I was wondering the exact same thing but didnt make a post about it cause I didnt know how to word it without sounding like a dick haha. Im curious as well. I really dont understand.

I mean, I have all the variants of the AJJ - Knife Man tape, but that's because of my AJJ collection.

Besides that, most of them are things not on vinyl (and a couple are collectible; I have two variants of Three Man Cannon - Nelson tape, which isn't on vinyl to my knowledge, and I won my Minus The Bear tapes from the early pre-order thing.).

But yeah, besides those AJJ tapes and those MTB tapes, I'm pretty sure none of mine are available on vinyl. I just used to jam tapes when I was little. Where some people return to vinyl because they recall a fondness for the format (among whatever other reasons they have), I've done the same with tapes. Vinyl's a newer passion in comparison.

;D (I would have put it out on vinyl if I had the funds at the time! such a solid EP)

For the uninformed, what happened with doghouse in the past?

yes please inform me. Did Doghouse use to run Lumberjack distro or something?

I know I'm weird, but I really like the 'bigness' to a record (the inserts, the size, even the color of the records) contrasted with the small size and concise layout of the cassettes. That being said, I wouldn't buy a cassette unless it was from a band I collected avidly....and was less than almost $13PPD, hahahaha, what a joke.

My mind is blown that this shit is tolerated.

People can just fucking rip off whoever, for however much they feel and you put a couple years behind, and it's like it never happened.

I don't think Dirk is even involved with Doghouse anymore. I know Adam Rubenstein left recently, too.

I'm certainly not defending Dirk/LMMG by any means, but if he's no longer involved with something, should those who succeed him still be punished/blacklisted?

I know I'm weird, but I really like the 'bigness' to a record (the inserts, the size, even the color of the records) contrasted with the small size and concise layout of the cassettes. That being said, I wouldn't buy a cassette unless it was from a band I collected avidly....and was less than almost $13PPD, hahahaha, what a joke.

That's not weird. A lot of people, including me, enjoy the "bigness" of LPs

All of the Hosehead Records cassettes are $8ppd if you're in the states! $7 if you're from Canada.