Hot Sauce

kriss

Myself and nothingnatural started discussing hot sauce to a small extent in another thread and in an attempt to avoid derailing that thread while also perhaps discovering a new sauce or two, I'm starting this one.

So besides the mighty Sriracha, what are your poisons? I really love the habanero from Trader Joe's as well as the line of sauces from Torchbearer. My favorite in the line is this one: http://www.torchbearersauces.com/our-sauces/tarnation-sauce/

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

not sure what i would do without hot sauce in my life. i put it on everything.

i prefer red hot because it's not that hot and i can eat a ton of it. i can finish off a big bottle in a week by myself.

usually for a snack i crunch up doritos in a rubbermaid dish and dump a shit ton of redhot in it......delicious.

Are you vegetarian? Sounds like a great veggie burrito! There's a vegan Mexican place up the street called Quesadilla La Rayna that make the raddest vegan burritos with tons of different mock meats like carnitas, pastor, barbacoa amongst others - they usually include both tomato and tomatillo based hot sauces with each burrito that I'm pretty sure they make themselves. Having the stuff fresh makes it hard to go back to the pre-bottled for sure.

Hahaha, once I started asking you about the hot sauce I saw in that pic you posted, I was thinking of making a hot sauce thread. Good job dude, hot sauce deserves a damn thread.

Oh and funny you mention Torchbearer in the other thread. I actually have tried that brand. My buddy had a bottle of "Ultimate Annihilation." Definitely some hot shit. I want to try "The Rapture" one day for the hell of it. I usually don't use the hottest of the hot sauces as there's not a whole lot of flavor going on, just burning. They're fun here and there though. There's a BBQ spot in my area that has a sandwich that's so damn hot that they're let you eat there for free (for life) if you finish it. Most people can't get through one bite.

'The Rapture' scares the absolute mess out of me - I'm sure I'd make a bottle of that last for years. I'd do something like putting a single drop or two into a large bowl of potato and corn chowder and call it a day.

That Source hot sauce is something I'd definitely not pass up trying if given the chance - again though, I'd take the approach of mixing a pin sized drop into a bowl of soup or chowder for better distribution to reduce the risks of turning into a cartoon character.

'The Rapture' scares the absolute mess out of me - I'm sure I'd make a bottle of that last for years. I'd do something like putting a single drop or two into a large bowl of potato and corn chowder and call it a day.

That Source hot sauce is something I'd definitely not pass up trying if given the chance - again though, I'd take the approach of mixing a pin sized drop into a bowl of soup or chowder for better distribution to reduce the risks of turning into a cartoon character.

It truly isn't worth it. I can handle spice, but this fucks you up. First 10 seconds are fine then it kicks the fuck in. I made the mistake of taking the drop on my finger and then my mouth. My finger had a huge boil for 2 weeks. The pain travels to the nose and eyes and by the end of it you can barely see or smell.

I've been really into Piri Piri Sauce of late.

My favorite sauce was discontinued years ago but made a comeback somewhat recently: Capital Punishment.

I love the death series. Dave's Insanity is simply too hot. I love the Calypso Sauces. I could keep going, I have an old hollowed out antique Gamewell Fire Box that I use as a Hot Sauce Cabinet (mine looks like the one below).

[image]

[image]

Are you vegetarian? Sounds like a great veggie burrito! There's a vegan Mexican place up the street called Quesadilla La Rayna that make the raddest vegan burritos with tons of different mock meats like carnitas, pastor, barbacoa amongst others - they usually include both tomato and tomatillo based hot sauces with each burrito that I'm pretty sure they make themselves. Having the stuff fresh makes it hard to go back to the pre-bottled for sure.

I'm not but it does make an awesome veggie burrito. I'll get it without meat every once in awhile to switch it up.

This is another easy sauce that I enjoy as well. Not really into stuff that's so hot that I can't enjoy my meal.

[image]

Again nothing special but I do enjoy it on a burrito for sure.

Anchor bar buffalo wing sauce is absolutely delicious. The hotter recipe is amazing for a little zing. The medium isn't hot but it tastes great. I don't even eat meat and I can whip through a bottle in a week no problem. My fave is cheese and potato perogies fried in butter and then tossed in anchor bar.

I've been really into Piri Piri Sauce of late.

My favorite sauce was discontinued years ago but made a comeback somewhat recently: Capital Punishment.

I love the death series. Dave's Insanity is simply too hot. I love the Calypso Sauces. I could keep going, I have an old hollowed out antique Gamewell Fire Box that I use as a Hot Sauce Cabinet (mine looks like the one below).

[image]

[image]

That's amazing! I can't tell the size by the picture, how many bottles fit into that?