At least we're not Blu-ray slipcover collectors

That's pretty shitty for the people who do.

That's gotta be a pain in the ass, though. I know some releases have exclusives for a handful of different stores. When I bought the Office Season 6 on DVD a while back, I picked from like 5 different store-exclusives. Couldn't imagine spending $300 (total) on something like that.

somewhat related, check out this guy's youtube page.

http://www.youtube.com/user/Blucollection

he collects blu ray steelbooks (he has an insane collection) and toys, mostly from the movie cars, but he also has some toy story toys. recommended: look at how creepy it is when he makes luau-dressed jesse dance with buzz. also, he bought the 3 foot tall repunzel doll from tangled.

You are right but this does sound a lot like people complaining about split seams and missing obi strips.

Could not disagree with you more about obi being integral for a Japanese import.

But hey, if other people are cool with it missing, that just means it's easier for me to pawn off my Japanese cds without obis I want to replace with copies that have them.

It's all good.

I like having slipcovers on blurays, I will always look for a copy with one over one without one. I have no explainable reasoning, just like them, that's all.

I worked for Target for the past 3 years, so I would always make sure I got my copy before it went in the casing, because yeah, when the cover is left on, it gets messed up in the security case. My store has never once thrown them out though, I would have said something about that. (though I was just a department manager and don't have the final say)

But, one thing he said is untrue..

"Target has a policy to hold an item for 24 hours, so on 10/31/11 I asked a target rep to please hold two new movies for me that release on 11/1/11 so I can get them mint and undamaged by the security cases. I was told that isn't possible, which I knew was untrue."

Target doesn't hold ad items at all, so that 24 hour hold is not policy, so he shouldn't be getting mad about that.

Also, steel case covers are great.

You are right but this does sound a lot like people complaining about split seams and missing obi strips.

Could not disagree with you more about obi being integral for a Japanese import.

But hey, if other people are cool with it missing, that just means it's easier for me to pawn off my Japanese cds without obis I want to replace with copies that have them.

It's all good.

I was looking for a record equivalent to the slip cover.

I like my stuff complete as well. I suppose what I'm getting at is while this isn't my cup of tea, and hell I've lost plenty of DVD covers, the slip cover to a collector of DVDs is pretty similar to an Obi Strip for an LP collector.

I actually despise Obi Strips but always leave them on since it's part of the package for a hobby I engage. I find them to be a pain in the ass and always worry about ripping them. Further, I hate slip covers on my DVDs and throw most of them out. I keep them for series and multi-disc packages but don't see the need for a one disc movie to have it. I guess I've potentially tossed away lots of collectors items.

still haven't switched over to Blu Ray. At all. Also, I can't stand slip covers unless they something really cool with it like they did with the two disc version of Day of The Dead or something.

me either. on both accounts.

i don't see the point of buying a blu ray player when you can buy a ps3 for $150 more, and there are so many other things i'd rather spend my money on than a ps3.

the blockbuster by my house sells used blu-ray 5 for $20. and they are mostly new releases.

but the catch is, it's the shit that used to be on their shelf, so its in a DVD case, with the blu ray art slipped inside.

i had a stack of (for that price) great stuff, avatar, machete, kick-ass, and for the kids i had rango and cloudy with a chance of meatballs.

i went up to the counter and asked if they had any empty blu ray cases for me, and they said no, so my well-organized-movie-shelf-havin' self was forced to put them back and save my $20.

GREAT deal for the price, but dumb ass old me couldn't bare to own blu rays in dvd cases.

also:

i don't see the point of buying a blu ray player when you can buy a ps3 for $150 more

$150 is a lot of money to some people.

Guest markovianprocess
GREAT deal for the price, but dumb ass old me couldn't bare to own blu rays in dvd cases.

Couldn't you just have bought some blu ray cases?

the artwork on the blockbuster blu-ray are for full size, don't know if they would cut down properly.

They are regular Blu-Ray size, there are paper backings behind the cover art that makes them look DVD size but they are not. I have bought a ton of these and put them in regular Blu-Ray cases.