VC Official Pro Wrestling Thread

I read about Shane coming back and wasn't very excited at first. Then, I caught the storyline behind it. I like that they brought him back as a face, against the Authority. Hopefully, he can still land an exciting spot in the HIAC. Anything else exciting on Raw tonight that I missed?

HHH beat the living shit out of Reigns and the fans cheered him like crazy lmao. I love how they've booked every smark city for the RTWM shows. Reigns' gonna get rekt and Mania is gonna be the final nail in the coffin.

I missed everything so far, but I heard Vince dropped an F-bomb?

Yep.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uRu_V3yEChE

Is Vince gonna fine Vince now?

i am really intrigued/confused by Taker/Shane. i loved Shane McMahon when he was doing crazier bumps than full-time wrestlers, but i'm not sure if i want to see that from a middle-aged dad nowadays. i've read elsewhere that the match will probably be changed if Cena can recover in time.

I really hope Shane takes a huge bump, but he's a father in his 40's. So, we'll see if it actually happens. If Shane takes over Raw, it could lead to a brand split. That would be interesting.

Also, he hasn't been in the ring since 2009. This storyline is very intriguing but I doubt Shane will take another one of those crazy bumps. Sometimes I wonder how he's even walking shuffling these days, that guy has done some insane shit.

---

I've wanted a brand split for years. Thanks to the NXT call-ups and the NJPW signings, now is the perfect time to do it. Unless they fire a shitload of talent, I have no idea how they're supposed to push all these top stars. The product would become even more of a clusterfuck.

A big counterpoint to the brand split is that they just merged the two main titles like two years ago, right? Seems pointless to split them up again.

True but I'd like to think they could have the top RAW guys and the top SD! guys fight for the respective No. 1 contender spots at one PPV while the winners go on to face each other in an SVR match at the next PPV. In the meantime, the champ would be in a singles feud and every now and then, switch it up and have a triple threat feud, etc. Same for the Women's and Tag titles. I guess they can keep the midcard titles and make them the only brand-exclusives but I'd personally retire the US strap.

This way, every match would mean something and with the brand split, it'd be a much more effective way to push all this talent without any of them getting lost in the shuffle. Of course, I don't have that much faith in creative to actually be able to do this well but at least the shows would be much more bearable to watch.

True but I'd like to think they could have the top RAW guys and the top SD! guys fight for the respective No. 1 contender spots at one PPV while the winners go on to face each other in an SVR match at the next PPV. In the meantime, the champ would be in a singles feud and every now and then, switch it up and have a triple threat feud, etc. Same for the Women's and Tag titles. I guess they can keep the midcard titles and make them the only brand-exclusives but I'd personally retire the US strap.

This way, every match would mean something and with the brand split, it'd be a much more effective way to push all this talent without any of them getting lost in the shuffle. Of course, I don't have that much faith in creative to actually be able to do this well but at least the shows would be much more bearable to watch.

Yeah, I like the way you think.

I like the idea of having the main champions. Maybe combining the two mid card belts so that you have the WWE, IC, Tag, and Divas champions. Then, we'd see the superstars in their respective brands battling to get a shot at the main title holder, who is affiliated with a brand but defends against both. There could be some good stuff with Shane vs. Steph as far as wanting to monopolize the title belts and that sort of thing. With all of the new talent pouring in (to WWE and NXT) currently, it actually really makes sense to split the brands. I can't imagine that many people want to see the League of Nations, for example, on Raw and Smackdown each week. Put them on one show and let some other heels get some spotlight as a dominant tag team/stable.

Well, it can't get any worse. We literally see the same match-ups and dull 6-Man Tags several times a week. A brand split would at least freshen things up in the ring and make some matchups more special. SmackDown! isn't even worth watching this week (it rarely is) and as someone who grew up loving the show, that sucks.

Checking in to say I think the current Shane vs Undertaker HIAC match sounds stupid to me. I'll wait for something better to emerge. But, to his credit, Shane has taken some crazy bumps. Including this botched fucker:

Falls almost directly on his head. I was flipping through channels last night and Angle was facing Bobby Roode on Impact. Looks like his body has seen some years