VC Official Pro Wrestling Thread

Saw NXT immediately after Lucha Underground and it just paled in comparison. But American Alpha are always gold and the main event was really good. I didn't exactly miss Riley but his character is rather interesting and I like him as a heel, so maybe he'll be involved in a few decent programs. On a sidetone, Nia Jax and Elias Sampson are just irritating.

Also, they just released AJ Styles' theme on iTunes:

I can't get into Nia Jax at all. I don't know if it's her teaming with Eva or being a little shaky in the ring, but I just don't see it. Elias Sampson is strange to me. I like his in ring style, but the gimmick is pretty corny. The main event was pretty good. I liked the finish.

I can't get into Nia Jax at all. I don't know if it's her teaming with Eva or being a little shaky in the ring, but I just don't see it. Elias Sampson is strange to me. I like his in ring style, but the gimmick is pretty corny. The main event was pretty good. I liked the finish.

It's because she's huge and can't properly (wo)man handle the women who are a quarter her size. Needed way more work before she was put on tv.

Anybody watch NXT last night? I'm watching now. Alex Riley made an unannounced return. I was a fan of his in that Owens feud. I thought those two had a good storyline and put on a series of good matches. I'm excited to see Riley back. Hopefully, he can get a decent push and make a move or two on NXT.

That settles it: TheWindBlower's real name is Alex Riley.

It's because she's huge and can't properly (wo)man handle the women who are a quarter her size. Needed way more work before she was put on tv.

I don't get why they decide to rocket push The Rock's cousins when they're clearly not ready for it. Apart from her well-booked match against Bayley, Nia Jax doesn't seem to know who or what she's supposed to portray and is a bore in the ring. And while Reigns improved quite a bit in the ring, he still needs work on the stick and how to play his character. I'm not even sure if his inconsistent booking is the only thing to blame here.

Oh, and it was nice to see the Styles Clash on SmackDown!

So, who's looking forward to Ambrose eating a Roman pin in his homestate at Fastlane and the shitstorm of boos that follow? Probably be a handshake or hug or something equally stupid afterward too. Dean raising Roman's arm..

I just try to assume the worst possible booking will happen in WWE anymore. And I'm usually right.

In a perfect (or logical) world, Wyatt takes out Lesnar in the match (will likely happen), Ambrose goes over Reigns, cementing his main event badass face status (the dude has all the tools), Reigns gets pissed and turns heel (again, has all the tools) and somehow gets put into a program with Taker.

Then you have three FRESH marquee matches that would be easy to book for WM instead of the tired, boring or predictable rumored ones and Reigns can still get a moment:

HHH vs Ambrose (WWE Championship)

Reigns vs Undertaker

Lesnar vs Wyatt

Think of how much better of a WM ending it would be having Ambrose win his FIRST world championship to massive cheers than Reigns winning his THIRD to massive heat.

Reigns really has to turn heel and feud with Ambrose. He was able to garner a few cheers last year but after this atrocious booking, he's back to where he was exactly a year ago. The guy will never be able to replace Cena. Not to mention that he's a natural heel (just look at his mannerisms). HHH will be the de-facto face against Reigns (just like at the Rumble), so if HHH is supposed to be the villain here, add Ambrose to the mix if you don't want a repeat of WM 22. I doubt the international WM crowd is going to celebrate Reigns' "moment".

I was hoping we were going to see Sami against Owens at WM but he seems to stay in NXT for a while, so I believe Owens is going to face Taker or Styles. Probably Taker.

Fuck Total Divas. Fuck Big Show. Fuck monotone booking. As always, New Day and Owens were the highlight of the show. The apparent reunion of Team BAE as well (and Lesnar/Ambrose). Also, Miz TV should've been on SD! - can't believe they're making me watch that glorified RAW recap of a show for an AJ Styles match.

Oh well, give me NXT and Lucha Underground.

Fuck Total Divas. Fuck Big Show. Fuck monotone booking. As always, New Day and Owens were the highlight of the show. Banks and Lynch as well (and Lesnar).

Oh well, give me NXT and Lucha Underground.

I agree with this as well. Went to bed before the main event, which I'm sure wasn't anything worth staying up for. I hate to say it, but Big Show, R-Truth/Goldust, etc shouldn't be having screen time right now

Also, does LU show on any TV network or anything?

I'm assuming that

I agree with this as well. Went to bed before the main event, which I'm sure wasn't anything worth staying up for. I hate to say it, but Big Show, R-Truth/Goldust, etc shouldn't be having screen time right now

Also, does LU show on any TV network or anything?

I'm assuming that

Lucha Underground is on El Rey.  It's only available through a small group of providers, I know DirecTV and Dish have it, I think Comcast and Time Warner do, too.  I believe some other providers are showing it on UniMas, but it's a Spanish version.

Uh, I think they've signed enough top stars already. I was actually glad to hear that Prince Puma signed that long-term contract with LU and that the Young Bucks and Jay Lethal stay in ROH. WWE's (and NXT's) rosters are already overcrowded anyway.

Oh and by the way, it's becoming painfully obvious that Ambrose is the guy who should win the World Title at WM Star, not Reigns. People will not cheer for him, they'll cheer for HHH - and Rock celebrating with Reigns would backfire again because even the casual fans can see right through it.