there are three different 311 threads on page 1...

kurtz

311, as far as I can tell, doesn't really pretend to be anything other than lame music for suburban white frat boys to get stoned with. If only the same could be said for all the pretentious ass frontmen from also-ran, vaguely emo-y "punk" bands that bust out acoustic guitars and pretend to be folk singers...you know, the ones people here call "amazing."*

nah, this board hit it's lows a long ass time ago.

*there are notable exceptions to this critique.

311, as far as I can tell, doesn't really pretend to be anything other than lame music for suburban white frat boys to get stoned with. If only the same could be said for all the pretentious ass frontmen from also-ran, vaguely emo-y "punk" bands that bust out acoustic guitars and pretend to be folk singers...you know, the ones people here call "amazing."*

you crack me up.. haha. +1

you crack me up.. haha. +1

Well put.

311, as far as I can tell, doesn't really pretend to be anything other than lame music for suburban white frat boys to get stoned with.

This. Don't know why people get so upset over 311. It's not like the 311 threads have 20+ pages of people bitching whining and moaning "WHER R MY VINYLZ?!" crying over the value of represses, and claiming Hot Topic is a label.

So 311 threads are lower than this?

http://www.vinylcollective.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=general&action=display&thread=43603&page=1

No one said their fans are worse people. But their music is far, far worse than most music. Let's be real. This is a real lyric:

We're dope kid change like a chameleon and the channel whenever that wack show real world is on.

Also, it's been a while since anyone on this board has called any ex-punk frontman's shitty acoustic-guy alt-country project "amazing", unless I'm just scanning right past those threads because I have no idea who they are.

No one said their fans are worse people. But their music is far, far worse than most music. Let's be real. This is a real lyric:
We're dope kid change like a chameleon and the channel whenever that wack show real world is on.

True. That also for some reason made me giggle.

The saddest part is that both bands are made up of super talented dudes.

This. I'd love if someone else took over writing lyrics for 311. The music has always been good--lyrics, not so much.

Incubus used to be a great band..that wrote a few hits aimed at 14 year old girls to help sell records. Now they only write songs aimed at 14 year old girls.