Official RSD 2012 information/releases thread

• Bonnie 'Prince' Billy 7" Hummingbird (Leon Russell cover) b/w Tribulations (Estil Ball cover) and Becuase of Your Eyes (Exclusive solo version of this Merle Haggard song)

I really want this, any idea who is putting it out? Drag City? Spiritual Pajamas?

Spirtual Pajamas is....the release info was on their blog.

• Replies 813
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Moving Mountains!

On their Facebook:

On April 24th we'll be releasing an EP entitled 'New Light'. It's acoustic re-interpretations of two songs off Pneuma and two songs off Waves. Once again Sam Kaufman will be heading up the artwork, including some special vinyl packaging :) Can't wait to share it!

Moving Mountains!

On their Facebook:

On April 24th we'll be releasing an EP entitled 'New Light'. It's acoustic re-interpretations of two songs off Pneuma and two songs off Waves. Once again Sam Kaufman will be heading up the artwork, including some special vinyl packaging :) Can't wait to share it!

They are also re-pressing Foreword, with a special colour for RSD

Few more items announced:

• Squackett (Chris Squire of Yes and Steve Hackett of Genesis) Sea of Smiles (single edit) b/w Perfect Love Song 7" (Numbered, 2000 copies)

• Andrew Bird The Crown Salesman (Alpha Consumer cover) b/w So Much Wine (Handsome Family cover) 7”

• Bonnie 'Prince' Billy 7" Hummingbird (Leon Russell cover) b/w Tribulations (Estil Ball cover) and Becuase of Your Eyes (Exclusive solo version of this Merle Haggard song)

• Tangerine Dream Ultima Thule 7” (1000 copies, each numbered)

• Flogging Molly Drunken Lullabies (new mix) b/w A Prayer for Me in Silence (Acoustic) RED VINYL 7"

it would be a big help if you would say where you are getting this information from when you post it. like links to something where the band or label make an official announce of the release, or whether it's from an email or mailing list. kinda like Scott did above you.

i know you run a blog revolving around records, but you only seem to update it every few months. i'm not saying you're making any of this stuff up, but providing some proof or at least where you got the info from goes a long way. Scott is an editor for AltPress so his word is a lot more trustworthy than yours, and even he says where he heard about a release when he posts it here.

Thats old news. The question is what are they?

We're just waiting to approve the tests before announce them

im excited about these releases... but i kind of dont hope that its something alexisonfire related (read: represses of the first albums) cause it will be a pain in the ass to get these here in europe

Two years ago, Built To Spill bassist and solo artist Brett Nelson decided to put his considerable musical talents up to a bit of a challenge:

"I truly love bands like Talk Talk, Men Without Hats, and Orchestral Manoeuvres In The Dark, but I also love bands like Dinosaur Jr., The Replacements, and The Pixies. So what if I merged my two loves together?"

The answer to that question, initially, was the first release by The Electronic Anthology Project, an EP that took seven songs from the Built To Spill catalog and reimagined them as '80s synth pop classics. Utilizing a variety of vintage 80’s synthesizers and drum machines, the project shimmered with an authentic sheen. And rather than rely on the cut-and-paste ease of modern recording software, he records all the melody lines into his computer using as many takes as needed to get it right. "If I can't play it straight all the way through without screwing up," he says, "then it's not used." And the whole experiment was delightfully topped off with newly recorded vocal tracks from BTS front man, Doug Martsch.

Although dismissed by some reviewers as a "goof," Nelson took to the task with great sincerity and the resulting songs bridged the two seemingly separate worlds with bubbly charm and grin-inducing levity.

At the time of the first EAP release, Nelson promised that he would be back with more. And true to his word comes the latest installment in this project: The Electronic Anthology Project of Dinosaur Jr.

To be released on Record Store Day (April 21st, 2012) in a limited edition of 500 purple vinyl copies (with digital, cd and standard vinyl to follow), the new edition of The Electronic Anthology Project takes nine songs from Dinosaur Jr. and brings out the new wave influences that were always hiding among the acid-dripping guitar solos and fervent rhythms.

The blast of "Little Fury Things" (from Dinosaur Jr.'s breakthrough 1987 LP You're Living All Over Me) is given a new life thanks to a throbbing Devo-like pulse. One of the band's most underrated songs from their Sire years, "Feel The Pain," sounds even more wistful when lost in the swell of glistening synth melodies and a knotty bed of programmed beats that would make The Human League proud.

True to form, Nelson called on Dinosaur Jr. leader J. Mascis to record all new vocal tracks for each song here. Wrenched free from the volume and intensity of his band, the heartfelt side of Mascis's lyrics and sober delivery are given the spotlight's full glare and, as a result, shine even brighter.

Lest you think even after two volumes of the Electronic Anthology Project that Nelson is done, he has a long wish list of bands he'd love to make future EAP projects with including the likes of The Pixies and Sebadoh. If the previous two editions of EAP are any indication, they are sure to be eccentric, tuneful, and in heavy rotation on your home stereo.

source: http://www.riotactmedia.com/artists/electronicanthology.php

this is the most excited ive ever been for anything RSD

Same. This is the first time that I am actually going to go to the record store early.

We're just waiting to approve the tests before announce them

im excited about these releases... but i kind of dont hope that its something alexisonfire related (read: represses of the first albums) cause it will be a pain in the ass to get these here in europe

With you there Yaro. Just looked at the site & there's 5 or 6 releases for RSD. Gonna be a bitch if there's loads of cool stuff, if I could get them all, it'd be awesome to see:

Alexisonfire: S/T, Watch Out! & maybe a b-sides release

Moneen: The Red Tree, Theory & Smaller Chairs

A famous record store chain here in Finland announced few interesting RSD releases. Couldn't find an official confirmation for these yet, though. Also no pressing info was available.

Refused - Shape of Punk to Come (clear vinyl, double LP)

Refused - Songs to Fan The Flames of Discontent (white vinyl, single LP)

Refused - The New Noise Theology EP (grey vinyl)

McLusky - McLusky Do Dallas (orange vinyl, single LP)

McLusky is confirmed here (official?): http://archive.beggars.com/releases/167/mclusky-do-dallas-vinyl-re-issue

Sorry if this topic is only for confirmed releases or these have already been mentioned here.. :-[

Domino just announced plans for a combination zine/flexi disc release called Smugglers Way:

http://smugglersway.tumblr.com/

Smugglers Way is Domino and Ribbon’s first ever limited edition zine featuring FIVE individual, multi-colored flexi discs of EXCLUSIVE, UNRELEASED songs from Dirty Projectors, Real Estate, Cass McCombs, John Maus, and Villagers. Smugglers Way will be sold exclusively at indie retail for Record Store Day, April 21st 2012.

The zine comprises 24 pages of original art and prose from Domino and Ribbon artists. Highlights include a short story penned by James Yorkston; a long form poem by Laura Marling; short form pieces by Alex Bleeker (Real Estate), Ade Blackburn (Clinic), and Tom Fleming (Wild Beasts); illustrations from Alison Mosshart (The Kills), Andrea Estella (Twin Sister), Conor O’Brien (Villagers) and Jon Hopkins; photography from Jana Hunter (Lower Dens), and an original arranged score of music by Owen Pallett. Bjorn Copeland of Black Dice designed the cover and Rob Carmichael at SEEN is responsible for the art direction and layout.

Flexi Disc Tracklist

Dirty Projectors – “You Against The Larger World”

Real Estate – “In My Car”

Cass McCombs – “Teachers”

John Maus – “No Title (Molly)

Villagers – “Shards”

Smugglers Way is a limited, one of a kind item, conceived and designed exclusively for Record Store Day (April 21st, 2012). We couldn’t be more proud of the collection, and we hope you find Smugglers Way as exciting to read and listen to as it was for us to put together.

[image]

[image]

[image]

Dale Earnhardt Jr. Jr. will be releasing a special Detroit-themed 12" for Record Store Day. The EP will feature "We Almost Lost Detroit," a Gil Scott-Heron cover that also appears on their full length debut It's A Corporate World, as well as two covers of songs by fellow Detroit artists Madonna and Sixto Rodriguez and three remixes by Detroit-based artists. The 12" is a limited pressing of 2k standard black vinyl units and will be available for $16.98 exclusively on Record Store Day on 4/21.

We Almost Lost Detroit EP (Record Store Day exclusive 12")

Side A

We Almost Lost Detroit (album version)

Like A Prayer (Madonna cover)

I Think Of You (Sixto Rodriguez cover)

Side B

We Almost Lost Detroit (Stepdad remix)

Morning Thought (Phantasmagoria remix)

Simple Girl (Chuck Daniels remix)

The Flaming Lips with Heady Fwends

A1 2012 (You Must Be Upgraded) with Ke$ha

A2 Ashes in the Air with Bon Iver

A3 Helping the Retarded to Find God with Edward Sharpe

A4 Children of the Moon with Tame Impala

B1 The Supermoon Made Me Want to Pee with Prefuse 73

B2 It's Not My Trip (Hippy Goes Out with Violent S&M Vampire Gal) with Jim James

B3 You, Man? Human? with Nick Cave

C1 I'm Working at NASA on Acid with Lightning Bolt

C2 Do It! with Yoko Ono/Plastic Ono Band

C3 Is David Bowie Dying? with Neon Indian

D1 The First Time Ever I Saw Your Face with Erykah Badu

D2 Thunder Drops with New Fumes

D3 I Don't Want You to Die with Chris Martin

Limited to 10,000-20,000 copies, pressed on random mixed psychedelic vinyl.

B2 It's Not My Trip (Hippy Goes Out with Violent S&M Vampire Gal) with Jim James

With that kind of pressing number, you'll have no problems getting this long after Record Store Day. Surprising, you'd think WB would have learned their lesson with the Heady Nuggs box, which a lot of stores still have extras of, nearly a year later.

Hellsyeah! But I'm sad to see that the supposed collab with Tobacco/BMSR isn't on there :(

With that kind of pressing number, you'll have no problems getting this long after Record Store Day. Surprising, you'd think WB would have learned their lesson with the Heady Nuggs box, which a lot of stores still have extras of, nearly a year later.

This is a new studio album, Heady Nuggs was an expensive box set of old albums. There will be a much higher demand for this, especially since it has artists like Ke$ha on it.

From the inbox and currently available to view on becausesoundmatters.com:

To commemorate Record Store Day, Disturbed will be releasing their definitive vinyl box set edition, The Collection on 4/21 (Record Store Day), but you can pre-order it now.

A five album, six disc offering of the band's complete studio album discography featuring:

The Sickness - 2000

Believe - 2002

Ten Thousand Fists - 2005

Indestructible - 2008

Asylum released in 2010.

Release Date: 4.21.2012

For this box set each album has been carefully mastered for The Collection and pressed on 140 gram vinyl for the very best in audio quality. Each album has been meticulously showcased in a stunning art presentation that is unique and exclusive to this release.

Price is $129.98

According to the splash page, the "1st Press of this box will be limited to 2500 copies"

http://www.becausesoundmatters.com/blog/disturbed-release-ultimate-vinyl-collection