Official RSD 2012 information/releases thread

• Replies 813
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From SideOneDummy:

Flogging Molly and Side One Dummy recently dusted off the 2 inch tape from the Drunken Lullabies recording sessions and uncovered the original version of the title track mixed by engineer Steve Albini. The B-side will feature a previously unreleased acoustic version of "A Prayer For Me In Silence," a song that appears on the band's most recent album Speed of Darkness. The release will be pressed on red vinyl and limited to 2,000 copies.

The Horrible Crowes Records Store Day 7"was recorded during the band's in-store appearance on September 15, 2011 at Fingerprints Music, an independent record store located in Long Beach, CA. It features live versions of "I Witnessed A Crime" and "Blood Loss. " A limited pressing of 300 copies on blood red vinyl will be available exclusively at Fingerprints, with an additional 1,000 copies pressed on black vinyl that will be available at the 700+ other independent record stores around the United States..

Dave Hause' Resolutions is the first in a series of 7" releases on various independent labels. Hause, the front-man for Philadelphia based punk band The Loved Ones, is teaming up with Jade Tree Records, Chunksaah Records, Bridge Nine Records and Side One Dummy. Each release will feature Hause covering two songs from the respective label's catalog. Resolutions will feature covers of Audra Mae's "The River" (From the 2010 release The Happiest Lamb) and Flogging Molly's "Whistles The Wind" (From the 2004 release Within A Mile of Home.) The Hause originals "Resolutions" and "Melanin" will also appear on the release. The pressing is limited to 300 copies on black vinyl and 300 on white vinyl.

From SideOneDummy:

Flogging Molly and Side One Dummy recently dusted off the 2 inch tape from the Drunken Lullabies recording sessions and uncovered the original version of the title track mixed by engineer Steve Albini. The B-side will feature a previously unreleased acoustic version of "A Prayer For Me In Silence," a song that appears on the band's most recent album Speed of Darkness. The release will be pressed on red vinyl and limited to 2,000 copies.

The Horrible Crowes Records Store Day 7"was recorded during the band's in-store appearance on September 15, 2011 at Fingerprints Music, an independent record store located in Long Beach, CA. It features live versions of "I Witnessed A Crime" and "Blood Loss. " A limited pressing of 300 copies on blood red vinyl will be available exclusively at Fingerprints, with an additional 1,000 copies pressed on black vinyl that will be available at the 700+ other independent record stores around the United States..

Dave Hause' Resolutions is the first in a series of 7" releases on various independent labels. Hause, the front-man for Philadelphia based punk band The Loved Ones, is teaming up with Jade Tree Records, Chunksaah Records, Bridge Nine Records and Side One Dummy. Each release will feature Hause covering two songs from the respective label's catalog. Resolutions will feature covers of Audra Mae's "The River" (From the 2010 release The Happiest Lamb) and Flogging Molly's "Whistles The Wind" (From the 2004 release Within A Mile of Home.) The Hause originals "Resolutions" and "Melanin" will also appear on the release. The pressing is limited to 300 copies on black vinyl and 300 on white vinyl.

Very nice! Let me be the 1st to request a red vinyl copy of the Horrible Crowes 7" from Fingerprints. I'll trade multiple RSD items for it that you weren't able to get.

Consider me in. Great idea

Few more new updates found out about today via e-mail including:

* Ryan Adams live 7" featuring Bob Mould covers recorded in November

* Gogol Bordello 12"

* Crosses 7"

* Civil Wars Live at Amoeba CD

* Civil Wars 7"

* Rosie Thomas/Sufjan Stevens split 7"

all updated on the site.

Wait wait wait, Crosses?

Where'd you see that.

Few more new updates found out about today via e-mail including:

* Ryan Adams live 7" featuring Bob Mould covers recorded in November

* Gogol Bordello 12"

* Crosses 7"

* Civil Wars Live at Amoeba CD

* Civil Wars 7"

* Rosie Thomas/Sufjan Stevens split 7"

all updated on the site.

Wait wait wait, Crosses?

Where'd you see that.

via solicitation e-mail sent to stores. List price should be $7.50 and the 7" is limited to 1000 copies. Features the tracks Option b/w Telepathy.

Wait wait wait, Crosses?

Where'd you see that.

via solicitation e-mail sent to stores. List price should be $7.50 and the 7" is limited to 1000 copies. Features the tracks Option b/w Telepathy.

Very weird, agreed they should have just released the second 10".

I'll probably get suckered into to this even though I own the first 10" as Option is my favourite song off of it...

Maybe the reasoning behind this was that with the original intent that you could only get the 10" as part of a stupid expensive fan package, you can buy the 7" on it's own if you're not into it.

Definitely want the Crosses 7" - wish it was a 10" or 12" though.

I don't really understand the need for The Red Sea to be reissued right now. Pretty much any other Isis albums could use a repress. Even Oceanic, and I think it was just repressed last year?

Agreed.

I might just ask for the Crosses 7" as Option is one of my favorite tracks and that first 10" was the biggest rip off on the face of the Earth.

This might be old news but I thought I'd ask opinions about this here.

Are we to believe that Furnace MFG are actually pressing every single RSD related piece of vinyl from EVERY label?

Here's the claim:

http://www.furnacemfg.com/vinyl/RSD

Am I crazy to think that's what they mean or are they simply implying that they are doing most of the release?

Not sure if this was posted, but Steven Wilson's latest live album 'Catalogue/Preserve/Amass' will be pressed for RSD. Limited to 2,000 copies.

Source 1: http://www.gracefordrowning.com/

Source 2: http://starsdie.com/wp/cataloguepreserveamass-to-be-released-on-vinyl-for-record-store-day-2012/

Just received the CD, but holy shit...didn't know about a RSD Vinyl release!!! Thanks!

Not sure if this was posted, but Steven Wilson's latest live album 'Catalogue/Preserve/Amass' will be pressed for RSD. Limited to 2,000 copies.

Source 1: http://www.gracefordrowning.com/

Source 2: http://starsdie.com/wp/cataloguepreserveamass-to-be-released-on-vinyl-for-record-store-day-2012/

Just received the CD, but holy shit...didn't know about a RSD Vinyl release!!! Thanks!

I just got the CD too, but I'll need to get this as well, haha.