Official RSD 2012 information/releases thread

• Replies 813
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Info on a Morrissey RSD release:

http://true-to-you.net/morrissey_news_120214_01

Following the album's release, on April 23rd EMI will release a limited edition 10-inch picture disc (Kevin Cummins' photo) of 'Suedehead (Mael Mix)', a remix of the song by Ron & Russell Mael, who have taken the track and given it their distinctive, inimitable touch: the perfect alliance between two artists who have great admiration for each other. The single will be b/w two previously unreleased BBC live tracks: 'We'll Let You Know' and 'Now My Heart Is Full', recorded at London's Theatre Royal, Drury Lane in February 1995.

This isn't exactly RSD news, but about that time (hopefully IN time for RSD) Red Scare will have a bunch of vinyl re-stocked.

Shit like Teenage Bottlerocket "Total", The Falcon "Unicornography", The Menzingers "Chamberlain Waits", The Lillingtons "The Too Late Show", The Menzingers "The Obituaries" 7", Nothington "Borrowed Time", etc.

Cool.

This isn't exactly RSD news, but about that time (hopefully IN time for RSD) Red Scare will have a bunch of vinyl re-stocked.

Shit like Teenage Bottlerocket "Total", The Falcon "Unicornography", The Menzingers "Chamberlain Waits", The Lillingtons "The Too Late Show", The Menzingers "The Obituaries" 7", Nothington "Borrowed Time", etc.

Cool.

Awesome news, been wanting Unicornography for quite some time. Any interest in seeing if you can get ahold of some unreleased Broadways demos (ex. Fuck The Church) for an RSD 7" or 10" if you can find enough material from Brendan?

EDIT: i know Fuck The Church has been released on a CD comp but its the only Broadways song Ive ever heard that hasnt seen a press on vinyl. I assume there could be at least a couple more songs that were recorded that have never seen any kind of release?

Cool.

Have most of these, but I'm glad I can pick up the repress of the Lillingtons record and happy to see the Nothington record getting pressed.

Cool.

This will make a lot of people happy. Do you have the ability to press Death by Television and Backchannel? What about Sicko, too?

Cool.

Have most of these, but I'm glad I can pick up the repress of the Lillingtons record and happy to see the Nothington record getting pressed.

Definitely looking forward to finally owning Nothington and The Falcon record.

Toby, you should make a separate thread with all the information regarding these records (what distos will have it etc.) if its not RSD related... unless of course it will be made available on RSD.

Tomahawk are claiming to have "something" for RSD 2012

Fuck my life, PLEASE be the first three albums on vinyl! A nice box or some shit, I don't care. As long as its the first three records on vinyl, I'll be fucking happy!

you said it! thats exactly what it is. the first 3 in a box with room for the upcoming fourth. (from their facebook)

i'll definitely be buying this

Tomahawk are claiming to have "something" for RSD 2012

Fuck my life, PLEASE be the first three albums on vinyl! A nice box or some shit, I don't care. As long as its the first three records on vinyl, I'll be fucking happy!

you said it! thats exactly what it is. the first 3 in a box with room for the upcoming fourth. (from their facebook)

FUCK YEAH, JIGGAS! I knew it had to be this! Just woke up and it was the first post in my news feed. I can't even tell y'all how over the moon I am for this. Glad as hell to see others excited for this. I'm not sure what's more exciting about this box, the first three albums or the space for the upcoming album.

Take this with a grain of salt and if I can prove it I will...

But apparently, in the new issue of Rolling Stone they mention that Joey Ramones solo album 2 (which has been in the works since 2008--see the thread about it in the joeyramone.com forums) will finally see the light of day on Record Store Day.

Couple that rumor (I don't subscribe to Rolling Stone) with this update yesterday on Joey Ramone's facebook:

"Here's a little Valentines Day gift for all you lovers of Joey Ramone. I know (this being a page I made solely dedicated to my brother, and for you...his fans, I don't like to interfere with it- without good cause). I said I wouldn't post on here until April- but, being as I'm one of the administrators here, and being this is something that on my brother's behalf I want as many people as possible... to know about- I just wanted to 'strongly suggest' to you that if you have any friends on, or know anyone on the Ramones page, you may just want to do them a favor and tell them to come "like" THIS page as well, as there may be some "news" coming along a bit sooner than I'd expected. That's all I wanted to say. Stay tuned."

And things could look promising...

This originally started back in December of 2008 with the following post:

"Like I said on the home page, we're very hopeful the second Joey Ramone solo album will be home for the holidays , next year. The tapes/files we've been working toward re-acquiring for 7 years are finally in the hands of Joey's dear friend and Ramones producer, Ed Stasium. The tracks are songs that Joey had written -several co-written with Dee Dee and Daniel Ray-- and were recorded for reference, but were never recorded for release by either the band or Joey.

In addition to Ed, who is currently working on 7 of the tracks, several others will be produced by Jean Beauvoir and Tommy Ramone. Production is still in the early goings and the musicians who will be fleshing out these tracks are still being determined.

These 12 tracks will be combined with the 5 we already had planned for a second album. Those include songs co- written by and featuring Richie Stotts, Andy Shernoff, and myself.

Here's what the track listing should look like:

NEW YORK CITY

PARTY LINE

EYES OF GREEN

GIVE ME MORE

GOING NOWHERE FAST

SPANISH EYES

CABIN FEVER

I COULDN'T SLEEP

MERRY CHRISTMAS, I DONT WANNA FIGHT TONIGHT (REVISED)

DUKE OF EARL

MAKES ME TREMBLE

THERE'S GOT TO BE MORE TO LIFE THAN THIS

ROCK AND ROLL IS THE ANSWER

WAITIN' FOR THAT RAILROAD

SEVEN DAYS OF GLOOM

WHAT DID I DO TO DESERVE YOU?"

Interesting indeed if this does make it out for RSD.

Switchfoot's putting out an RSD-exclusive remix CD. From the inbox:

On Record Store Day, April 21, SWITCHFOOT will release a limited edition CD entitled Vice Re-Verses. The EP will feature remixes of songs from Vice Verses by Paper Route, Owl City's Adam Young, Photek and Darren King. A digital version of Vice Re-Verses will be released on May 1 and will include a remix of the band'snew single, "Afterlife," by the winner of the Switchfoot Remix Contest, which is underway now at http://www.talenthouse.com/remix-for-switchfoot and sponsored by Ultimate Ears.

Switchfoot's putting out an RSD-exclusive remix CD. From the inbox:

On Record Store Day, April 21, SWITCHFOOT will release a limited edition CD entitled Vice Re-Verses. The EP will feature remixes of songs from Vice Verses by Paper Route, Owl City's Adam Young, Photek and Darren King. A digital version of Vice Re-Verses will be released on May 1 and will include a remix of the band'snew single, "Afterlife," by the winner of the Switchfoot Remix Contest, which is underway now at http://www.talenthouse.com/remix-for-switchfoot and sponsored by Ultimate Ears.

Will be buying this. For sure. How awesome would it be if were to pressed.

Few more items announced:

• Squackett (Chris Squire of Yes and Steve Hackett of Genesis) Sea of Smiles (single edit) b/w Perfect Love Song 7" (Numbered, 2000 copies)

• Andrew Bird The Crown Salesman (Alpha Consumer cover) b/w So Much Wine (Handsome Family cover) 7”

• Bonnie 'Prince' Billy 7" Hummingbird (Leon Russell cover) b/w Tribulations (Estil Ball cover) and Becuase of Your Eyes (Exclusive solo version of this Merle Haggard song)

• Tangerine Dream Ultima Thule 7” (1000 copies, each numbered)

• Flogging Molly Drunken Lullabies (new mix) b/w A Prayer for Me in Silence (Acoustic) RED VINYL 7"