Official RSD 2012 information/releases thread

• Replies 813
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dine Alone, always raping my wallet and forcing me to eat nothing but cheerios and water. Good thing I like cheerios.

come on tracy, you know we're not out to rape anything haha. these are fun releases though!

Oh I know :P I meant that I'm probably going to end up buying everything haha. I have no control.

Word seems to be going around that a LP with a collaboration between the Flaming Lips and Bon Iver is going to come out RSD 2012.

Stoked.

''Some collaborations have already been recorded (Nick Cave, Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic Zeros, Plastic Ono Band, Neon Indian), while others are still coming together (Bon Iver). And then there are the artists (Ke$ha, Lykke Li, Erykah Badu) whom Coyne is still trying to convince to jump onboard.''

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/bon-iver-confirmed-for-flaming-lips-covers-album-20120112#ixzz1jHR8KM7F

http://www.ssgmusic.com/the-flaming-lips-announce-collaboration-with-bon-iver-for-record-store-day-release/

I'm going to guess an AOF release. Maybe a special colour or cover of the S/T.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but defiance in Germany still holds those rights. DA can't press anything but Old Crows as far as LPs go

sort of wrong. defiance had the license for europe - distort has the rest of the world.

I'm going to guess an AOF release. Maybe a special colour or cover of the S/T.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but defiance in Germany still holds those rights. DA can't press anything but Old Crows as far as LPs go

I could have sworn someone on this board said they asked Dallas after a show about AOF represses and he said that Dine Alone will be doing them.

I could have sworn someone on this board said they asked Dallas after a show about AOF represses and he said that Dine Alone will be doing them.

yep, that was me. Dallas said Dine Alone would be doing represses sometime in the near future

Flaming lips compilation LP of all the collaborations

It's basically going to be a brand new album, not a compilation. I think it's going to have a few tracks from the 2011 collaborations, but most of it will be new.

Confirmed collaborations: Neon Indian, Yoko Ono/Plastic Ono Band, Bon Iver, Edward Sharpe & the Magnetic Zeroes, Erykah Badu, Nick Cave, Ke$ha

Edit: Didn't see withengineheart's post on the second page. Oof.

Captured Tracks wrote the following on Facebook:

Captured Tracks Way Advance Notice Record Store Day releases: Cleaners From Venus/Martin Newell 4xLP box. Medicine (Band) 5xLP+cassette box. The Wake "Here Comes Everybody+'83-87 Singles/EP's" 2xLP box. Gruesome Flowers 7" Part Two (Wake Covers) Craft Spells/Blouse split. The Cleaners, Medicine and Wake will be available after RSD in non-boxed form without some bonus materials, 500 only each box. Only at participating stores and direct via our mail-order for people who don't live near a participating store. Holy smokes.

For us Aussies:

We Are UNFD (formerly Boomtown) are looking to press a few old releases that were only ever available on CD. If this ends up happening, The Amity Affliction - Severed Ties and I Killed The Prom Queen - Music For The Recently Deceased are almost definite, and a few others could be making their way onto vinyl as well.

Oh lord...here we go:

From Amon Tobin's twitter:

AmonTobinHQ Amon Tobin

Amon Tobin Boxset out Record Store Day 2012. Pre-order your copy now at a discounted price: http://amontobin.spinshop.com/Home/details/124410

That "discounted" price? $145!!

This strictly limited edition release will come in the form of a beautiful high quality bolt fastened mechanical 'press'. Packed inside are 6 x 10" vinyl, 7 x CD, 2 x DVD and several posters

Now this has more potential to be cool.

* (4) 180 Gram Vinyl Discs with 33 tracks from different artists (including Tom Waits)

* Unique art by Romio Shrestha and the artists (Romio’s art is featured in prestigious museums)

* An AliveDrive with a bonus track (gives you premier content from the artists on your computer)

* David Lynch wooden sticker

DOWNLOAD FOR GOOD features 33 renowned artists from around the world spanning Pop, Latin, Electronic, Rock,World, Indie, Hip-hop and Classical who have come together to express their support for the foundation and its visionary director. Artists include Alanis Morissette, Amanda Palmer, Andy Summers (of The Police) with Geeta Novotny,Arrested Development, Au Revoir Simone, Band from TV, Ben Folds, Ben Lee, Carmen Rizzo with Grant-Lee Phillips, Dave Stewart (of The Eurythmics), Donovan, Iggy Pop, Maroon 5, Moby, Nancy Sinatra, Neon Trees,Ozomatli, Peter Gabriel, Pink Jaffee with Jakob Dylan & Daryl Hannah, Rodrigo y Gabriela, Slightly Stoopid with Don Carlos, The Charlatans and Tom Waits and more. For more information on DOWNLOAD FOR GOOD visit:

http://altavozdistroco.com/download-for-good/ details about box, full tracklisting

http://www.facebook.com/AltavozDistribution?sk=wall picture of box and info that it will be out in April 2012 for RSD.

Price is supposed to be pretty high (not sure of those tracks are all previously unreleased/digital only versions making their first appearance on vinyl or not), so stay tuned.

But with these 2 boxsets, the Unrest box, the Captured Tracks boxsets, I really hope the RSD folks don't go crazy with box sets that are going to average $150+....jeez that will bankrupt a lot of stores trying to get inventory.