Official RSD 2012 information/releases thread

Few more:

From Trouble in Mind Records:

TIM035: 2012 Record Store Day 4-way covers split 7-inch featuring: MIKAL CRONIN (I Enjoy Being A Boy ~ Banana Splits), APACHE DROPOUT (Cuddly Toy ~ Harry Nilsson), The PAPERHEAD (Stacey Grove ~ Tyrannosaurus Rex), & The LIMIÑANAS (Come Now ~ Troggs)

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.386142873242.192543.384658008242&type=3

TESTORS

WIN 20026

TOGETHER / TIME IS MINE +1 UNRELEASED 7″ REISSUE

*EXCLUSIVE RECORD STORE DAY 2012

WHEN WE GOT TO WORK WITH SONNY IN 2010 ON RELEASING SOME TESTORS SONGS, WE WERE STOKED TO GET THE CHANCE AT SOME UNRELEASED MATERIAL. AND IN 2011, GOT TO SEE THE ORIGINAL TESTORS ON STAGE FOR THE FIRST TIME IN OVER 25 YEARS ON THEIR OWN TURF IN NYC. 2012 WE CONTINUE OUR RELATIONSHIP WITH SONNY AND THE GANG AND OFFERING THE REISSUE OF THEIR FIRST EVER SINGLE RELEASED IN 1980. THIS SINGLE WILL MARK WINDIAN’S FIRST EXCLUSIVE RECORD STORE DAY RELEASE, AND WE COULD NOT BE ANYMORE EXCITED TO BE DOING THIS SINGLE. EXTREMELY RARE. AND FOR A BONUS, THE SINGLE WILL FEATURE AN UNRELEASED STUDIO RECORDING FROM THE SAME SESSION! AND WITH ALL WINDIAN REISSUE’S, THE SINGLE WILL BE MANUFACTURED ALMOST TO A ‘T’ WITH HI RES SCANS OF THE ORIGINAL SLEEVES AND A/B LABEL.

Source: http://windianrecords.wordpress.com/2012/01/03/two-thousand-twelve/

Battles Gloss Drop Remix 12" #4

Source: www.redeyeusa.com/download.php?Id=2350926973&type=pdf

• Replies 813
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Two years ago, Built To Spill bassist and solo artist Brett Nelson decided to put his considerable musical talents up to a bit of a challenge:

"I truly love bands like Talk Talk, Men Without Hats, and Orchestral Manoeuvres In The Dark, but I also love bands like Dinosaur Jr., The Replacements, and The Pixies. So what if I merged my two loves together?"

The answer to that question, initially, was the first release by The Electronic Anthology Project, an EP that took seven songs from the Built To Spill catalog and reimagined them as '80s synth pop classics. Utilizing a variety of vintage 80’s synthesizers and drum machines, the project shimmered with an authentic sheen. And rather than rely on the cut-and-paste ease of modern recording software, he records all the melody lines into his computer using as many takes as needed to get it right. "If I can't play it straight all the way through without screwing up," he says, "then it's not used." And the whole experiment was delightfully topped off with newly recorded vocal tracks from BTS front man, Doug Martsch.

Although dismissed by some reviewers as a "goof," Nelson took to the task with great sincerity and the resulting songs bridged the two seemingly separate worlds with bubbly charm and grin-inducing levity.

At the time of the first EAP release, Nelson promised that he would be back with more. And true to his word comes the latest installment in this project: The Electronic Anthology Project of Dinosaur Jr.

To be released on Record Store Day (April 21st, 2012) in a limited edition of 500 purple vinyl copies (with digital, cd and standard vinyl to follow), the new edition of The Electronic Anthology Project takes nine songs from Dinosaur Jr. and brings out the new wave influences that were always hiding among the acid-dripping guitar solos and fervent rhythms.

The blast of "Little Fury Things" (from Dinosaur Jr.'s breakthrough 1987 LP You're Living All Over Me) is given a new life thanks to a throbbing Devo-like pulse. One of the band's most underrated songs from their Sire years, "Feel The Pain," sounds even more wistful when lost in the swell of glistening synth melodies and a knotty bed of programmed beats that would make The Human League proud.

True to form, Nelson called on Dinosaur Jr. leader J. Mascis to record all new vocal tracks for each song here. Wrenched free from the volume and intensity of his band, the heartfelt side of Mascis's lyrics and sober delivery are given the spotlight's full glare and, as a result, shine even brighter.

Lest you think even after two volumes of the Electronic Anthology Project that Nelson is done, he has a long wish list of bands he'd love to make future EAP projects with including the likes of The Pixies and Sebadoh. If the previous two editions of EAP are any indication, they are sure to be eccentric, tuneful, and in heavy rotation on your home stereo.

source: http://www.riotactmedia.com/artists/electronicanthology.php

Two years ago, Built To Spill bassist and solo artist Brett Nelson decided to put his considerable musical talents up to a bit of a challenge:

"I truly love bands like Talk Talk, Men Without Hats, and Orchestral Manoeuvres In The Dark, but I also love bands like Dinosaur Jr., The Replacements, and The Pixies. So what if I merged my two loves together?"

The answer to that question, initially, was the first release by The Electronic Anthology Project, an EP that took seven songs from the Built To Spill catalog and reimagined them as '80s synth pop classics. Utilizing a variety of vintage 80’s synthesizers and drum machines, the project shimmered with an authentic sheen. And rather than rely on the cut-and-paste ease of modern recording software, he records all the melody lines into his computer using as many takes as needed to get it right. "If I can't play it straight all the way through without screwing up," he says, "then it's not used." And the whole experiment was delightfully topped off with newly recorded vocal tracks from BTS front man, Doug Martsch.

Although dismissed by some reviewers as a "goof," Nelson took to the task with great sincerity and the resulting songs bridged the two seemingly separate worlds with bubbly charm and grin-inducing levity.

At the time of the first EAP release, Nelson promised that he would be back with more. And true to his word comes the latest installment in this project: The Electronic Anthology Project of Dinosaur Jr.

To be released on Record Store Day (April 21st, 2012) in a limited edition of 500 purple vinyl copies (with digital, cd and standard vinyl to follow), the new edition of The Electronic Anthology Project takes nine songs from Dinosaur Jr. and brings out the new wave influences that were always hiding among the acid-dripping guitar solos and fervent rhythms.

The blast of "Little Fury Things" (from Dinosaur Jr.'s breakthrough 1987 LP You're Living All Over Me) is given a new life thanks to a throbbing Devo-like pulse. One of the band's most underrated songs from their Sire years, "Feel The Pain," sounds even more wistful when lost in the swell of glistening synth melodies and a knotty bed of programmed beats that would make The Human League proud.

True to form, Nelson called on Dinosaur Jr. leader J. Mascis to record all new vocal tracks for each song here. Wrenched free from the volume and intensity of his band, the heartfelt side of Mascis's lyrics and sober delivery are given the spotlight's full glare and, as a result, shine even brighter.

Lest you think even after two volumes of the Electronic Anthology Project that Nelson is done, he has a long wish list of bands he'd love to make future EAP projects with including the likes of The Pixies and Sebadoh. If the previous two editions of EAP are any indication, they are sure to be eccentric, tuneful, and in heavy rotation on your home stereo.

thats sick! i will definitely be picking that up

From the inbox:

The David Lynch Foundation announced plans to release the physical version of DOWNLOAD FOR GOOD: MUSIC THAT CHANGES THE WORLD as a SPECIAL LIMITED EDITION BOX SET to celebrate Record Store Day, Saturday April 21, 2012.

Originally released in mid-July 2011 via iTunes as DOWNLOAD FOR GOOD, THE MUSIC THAT CHANGES THE WORLD, SPECIAL LIMITED EDITION BOX SET is a wonderfully eclectic, star-studded vinyl music compilation benefitting the David Lynch Foundation—a non-profit educational organization founded by iconic filmmaker DAVID LYNCH. The compilation has been re-mastered for vinyl, and includes a previously unreleased bonus track from Sean Lennon’s “Ghost of the Saber Tooth Tiger,” as well as an exclusive new release from Julio Iglesias Jr. via digital download.

The MUSIC THAT CHANGES THE WORLD, SPECIAL LIMITED EDITION BOX SET boasts performances from 34 top musical artists spanning Pop, Latin, Electric, Rock, World, Indie, Hip-hop, and Classical who have come together to express their support for the foundation and its visionary director. Artists include Donovan, Alanis Morissette, Tom Waits, Amanda Palmer, Ben Folds, Iggy Pop, Maroon 5, Neon Trees, Dave Stewart, and more.

“It is my great pleasure to announce the vinyl release of MUSIC THAT CHANGES THE WORLD on Record Store Day,” said Donovan. “As head of the Musical Wing of The David Lynch Foundation, I wish to thank all the amazing artists who have contributed. From the beginning, when The Beatles and I were writing songs to promote Maharishi's meditation, it was always my dream to bring all the musical fraternity onto one great label to Promote True Peace. This day has arrived and now the world can know as we knew then, that Change Begins Within.”

The SPECIAL LIMITED EDITION BOX SET features a gorgeous 42-page color book with an introduction by David Lynch. The book is illustrated by Romio Shrestha, who has been called “a modern master of the Indo-Nepali-Tibetan Buddhist traditions of enlightenment art,” and New Jersey artist Davel Hamue. All songs were re-mastered for this project by Gavin Lurssen and Reuben Cohen from Lurssen Mastering. Cohen is a Latin Grammy award-winner who has mastered such artists as Snoop Dogg, Sean Kingston, Common, The Cranberries, Dev, Rob Zombie, and Ingrid Michaelson.

The MUSIC THAT CHANGES THE WORLD, SPECIAL LIMITED EDITION will also include a digital version of “Meditation, Creativity, Peace”, a compelling new documentary film featuring exclusive, candid footage from David Lynch’s 16-country tour around the world when he spoke to government leaders, film students, and the press during 2007 and 2008. (For additional information, and link to trailer, please see below).

MUSIC THAT CHANGES THE WORLD is being distributed to retail stores across in the U.S. and globally by Altavoz Distribution, a full-service distribution company committed to leveraging the sale of music and entertainment products to support good causes and make a difference. The Box Set will be available in stores as part of Record Store Day, on Saturday, April 21, 2012. Since it’s start in 2008, Record Store Day has been instrumental across the globe in bringing millions of fans to record stores on one day each year. Only 2,500 units of the Box Set will be released worldwide, making MUSIC THAT CHANGES THE WORLD an instant collector’s item.

MUSIC THAT CHANGES THE WORLD, SPECIAL LIMITED EDITION BOX SET Track Listing:

Vol 1.0

A. 1. Peter Gabriel - Curtains

2. Ozomatli - Monster

3. Arrested Development - Let It Go

4. Slightly Stoopid w. Don Carlos - Wiseman, Live @ Black Water

B. 1. Iggy Pop - Milk Cow Blues

2. Phil Soussan - Shot In The Dark

3. Rodrigo y Gabriela - Satori, live

4. Band From TV - I Wish I Knew How It Would Feel To Be Free

Vol 1.2

A. 1. Moby - The Poison Tree

2. Ben Lee - Food For The Moon

3. Alanis Morissette - 20/20

4. Heather Nova - Doubled Up

B. 1. Amanda Palmer - In My Mind

2. Nancy Sinatra - End of the World

3. Tom Waits - Briar and The Rose

4. Au Revoir Simone - Boys Of Summer

5. Special Beat w. Pauline Black - Night Club

Vol 1.3

A. 1. Maroon 5 - The Air I Breathe

2. Pink Jaffee featuring Jakob Dylan w. Daryl Hannah - Wont You Stay

3. Emin - All I Need Tonight

4. The Waterboys - In The Beginning Was Love

5. Carmen Rizzo w. Grant-Lee Phillips - Bring the Mountain Down

B. 1. The Charlatans - The Only One I Know (RMX_with Factory Floor)

2. Andy Summers featuring Geeta Novotny - Ave Maria

3. The Ghost of a Saber Tooth Tiger - Formica

Vol. 1.4

A. 1. Dave Stewart - Man To Man

2. Ben Folds - Wild Mountain Thyme

3. Donovan - Listen

4. Mary Hopkin - Gold and Silver

5. Peter & Gordon - True Love Ways

B. 1. Patricia Kaas Remix by Jourdan Bordes

2. Neon Trees - Animal, djs From Mars Remix

3. Salman Ahmad w. Valerie Geffner - Nachoon Gi.

Flaming lips compilation LP of all the collaborations

It's basically going to be a brand new album, not a compilation. I think it's going to have a few tracks from the 2011 collaborations, but most of it will be new.

Confirmed collaborations: Neon Indian, Yoko Ono/Plastic Ono Band, Bon Iver, Edward Sharpe & the Magnetic Zeroes, Erykah Badu, Nick Cave, Ke$ha

Edit: Didn't see withengineheart's post on the second page. Oof.

SHAME!

There is apparenlty going to be a Widespread Panic RSD12 release, as a store tweeted something about it and has since deleted it.

There will be a T. Rex 7" box set for RSD that will include the following:

RECORD STORE DAY 2012 EXCLUSIVE: ELECTRIC SEVENS 7” SINGLES BOX SET

VINYL SINGLE ONE: HOT LOVE

A1: Hot Love - Single Version

B1: Unnamed Instrumental aka “A Lot Of Rubbish” (O/T) *

B2: Hot Love - no strings version

VINYL SINGLE TWO: GET IT ON

A1: Get It On single version

B1: Raw Ramp – London demo version *

B2: Get It On - acoustic demo*

VINYL SINGLE THREE: JEEPSTER

A1: Jeepster – single version

B1: Life's A Gas - electric demo (2.22) *

B2: Jeepster - electric demo (2.15)

VINYL SINGLE FOUR: BBC EP

A1:Sailors of the Highway (2:46) BBC Radio 1 Club – 3rd August 1971

B1:Girl (2:13) BBC Radio 1 Club –3rd August 1971

B2:Electric Boogie (1:47) BBC Radio 1 Club – 20th July 1971

Previously Unreleased *

this is the most excited ive ever been for anything RSD

Tomahawk are claiming to have "something" for RSD 2012

Fuck my life, PLEASE be the first three albums on vinyl! A nice box or some shit, I don't care. As long as its the first three records on vinyl, I'll be fucking happy!

Where did you hear this?!

http://www.facebook.com/tomahawkband