Christmas Eve...what you doing?!?!

jhulud

At this very moment...

Having a Guinness

Listening to the Pearl Jam holiday singles

Food is cooking

Wrapping presents

Enjoying the fact that I finally snagged not only the Pearl Jam Faithfull Ale but also a Sam Adams Infinium and a Robert Johnson Hellhound Ale...

[image]

I'll enjoy these at a later time...on a special occasion...whatever that may be.

MERRY CHRISTMAS VC!!!

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

at this moment: i just smoked a few bowls and im about to wrap a few presents. i just came back from some last minute shopping at the mall area in glendale. i went early so it wasn't packed yet thankfully... After I'm done wrapping, i'm gonna chill here for a bit, play some video games and relax. Later I'm driving up to my hometown and meet up with my mom's side of the family. it's tradition we all meet up at my grandma's house on the eve. tomorrow i'll probably spend the morning at my mom's then head over to my dad's for the remainder of the day.

i'm not doing anything so i'm gonna make myself a pizza and going to bed early.

Sounds really awesome, actually.

I'm currently drinking a 7-11 big gulp and listening to some records while I help my girlfriend bake a cake. Later, we're gonna watch Charlie Brown Christmas while having our traditional Christmas appetizer dinner and probably some check out movies on netflix and open one present at midnight (the rest tomorrow morning).

I just finished wrapping up the last of my gifts, waiting for my mail to get here, watching V For vendetta. Gonna go pay my cable/internet bill in about an hour or so, then go over my buddy's house to munch on panes con pollo. After that, head on over to my grandma's and destroy a few tamales.

The Robert Johnson one looks super rad, kinda want a bottle just for display purposes.

It's actually pretty good too. This past Wednesday my buddy and I went to a local pub where they were having all the Dogfish Head music brews on tap...they had the Faithfull Ale, The Hellhound Ale, and the Miles Davis Bitches Brew Ale...which is also pretty good.

What's the price for a bottle and what kind of stout is it?

(sorry for the thread hi jack. Hahah)

It's a Belgian-style golden ale. It ran about $12.99 a bottle...yeah, I know...shit's expensive for a damn beer...I definitely know that I could never be a beer snob who only drinks craft beers...it gets expensive. I'll stick to my cheapo PBRs and Miller Lite, thank you.

But it is a Pearl Jam beer...A PEARL JAM BEER!!! ;)

Here's more info on it: http://www.dogfish.com/brews-spirits/the-brews/occasional-rarities/faithfull-ale.htm

^^ I dragged my feet in picking it up when it first got released...couldn't find it anywhere...my buddy was able to get three from a Total Wine near his house. He refuses to open them and try for now. So my first taste of it was this past week as I wrote at the local pub.

By mere chance, I walked into Whole Foods this morning looking for the Sam Adams Infinium and I found the Faithfull Ale. I cleaned them out. They are big bottles but I'm not used to the price I guess. I'd make a terrible craft beer snob. Ha!

Christmas Eve is "the big day" in Sweden (and not Christmas Day). Been spending it with my wife and my family at my parents'. Dinner, TV, and games. Lots of food and candy. As usual. But it's been a good day, and we're staying here for a few days, so I'm excited since I rarely meet my family. But it's been a long day, and we're going to bed soon. G'night VC.

Guest markovianprocess

It's already Christmas here.

I spent yesterday writing and queueing a lot of music posts/articles so I wouldn't have do any work for the next few days.

I've got so many things to watch, and I will be in London to visit my Dad on the 27th for Christmas Part 2.

Merry Christmas everyone.