{

document.write('ProBoards Free Forums');

}

ProBoards Free Forums

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great album... and Cursive did us a solid by making the packaging relevant! Can't wait to listen to this while holding the inserts.

Also, seems like the live performance would best be suited in chronological order so maybe they'll be doing the whole album as a "show" on their upcoming tour. Stoked.

^^^^ Best song on the album by a long shot. When I saw them play it in Baltimore, Tim was wasted and stretched it out to about 15 minutes (maybe, I was similarly wasted). He was roaming through the crowd screaming and at one point left the club with the microphone. Fucking killer.

Great album... and Cursive did us a solid by making the packaging relevant! Can't wait to listen to this while holding the inserts.

Also, seems like the live performance would best be suited in chronological order so maybe they'll be doing the whole album as a "show" on their upcoming tour. Stoked.

i listened to this again last night and i was thinking the same thing.

i think a full epic live show like floyd did with the wall. with actors on stage while the band plays the songs would fit this best, but we all know that probably wont happen.

I've been holding off on this until I get the record and place the needle down. Even held off from the already released songs. Thought it was going to get here today, but I checked and it is tomorrow now! Sounds like the packaging is top notch (always the case with Creek releases) and the music is even better. Now, only if Cursive would've played Salt Lake on any day other than Valentine's Day!

What Have I Done is one of the best songs ever written.

I totally agree. Probably my favorite Kasher song he has ever written. This song may have been written about his life but sure as hell seems like mine. It is a pretty close race between this song and twentytwo from the Good Life's Novena on A Nocturne. Just personally Mama I'm Swollen is my favorite Cursive record.

I Want It All Bundle just arrived. Sold mail day indeed.

What Have I Done is one of the best songs ever written.

I totally agree. Probably my favorite Kasher song he has ever written. This song may have been written about his life but sure as hell seems like mine. It is a pretty close race between this song and twentytwo from the Good Life's Novena on A Nocturne. Just personally Mama I'm Swollen is my favorite Cursive record.

I Want It All Bundle just arrived. Sold mail day indeed.

PHOTOS!

I just ordered mine today & got shipping confirmation already. It'll be here on valentines day, how nice!

don't know how i got such a high number. oh well.

The 10"s were complete randomized in the shipping boxes. It was totally random who got what number, and didn't correlate to when you placed your order. Erika wanted to charge us extra to have them in numerical order, so we skipped it. Roll of the dice...

meh, i'm not too disappointed about it.

this was waiting for me when i got home. so i did what any cursive fan would do. i bought beer, called a friend, ordered a pizza, and got to work. cursive and saddle creek delivered above and beyond expectations, as always. the digital version really does the vinyl no justice. it sounds so much bigger on vinyl. i just read through the playbill while listening, and it was a whole 'nother experience. i can't wait until everyone else's get in so they can get down to this. such a good record.

edit: i posted this as i began the 10". the first song is positively mental. nuts. the second song sounds like it was written around or before the domestica era, but it is ridiculously good... like, punk cursive. yea, this was well well worth every penny.

edit 2: i don't think either of the 2 b-sides were intended to make the final cut. they don't really fit the story in the least. i'd bet they're older songs that were recycled. in any case, they are ridiculously good.

edit 2: i don't think either of the 2 b-sides were intended to make the final cut. they don't really fit the story in the least. i'd bet they're older songs that were recycled. in any case, they are ridiculously good.

I definitely agree with that for the second song. The first one, however, Tim says was originally intended to be on I Am Gemini, http://www.echoesanddust.com/2012/01/interview-cursive/

Like the song, but I'm glad they left it off the album.