Threadz thread

My whole wardrobe consist of Ralph Lauren (Polo) and Burberry. The classic designer look never goes out of style and looks good on mostyle everyone.

Jeans

Crazy print Polo button up

And some sort of knit sweater

Hell even throw in a bow tie

The best thing you said was 'the classic [designer] look never goes out of style.

Classic is key, stick to that and you're solid!

Shirts w/ a lot of prints on them are not good, avoid prints and large logos. Also, not everyone can pull off a bow-tie, most end up looking like idiots (same w/ people who wear vets and fedoras).

there are several things you need to know about shopping at gabes:

1. there are lots of gangster clothes. do not get discouraged.

2. you need to go at least once a week and keep checking back, cuz they're constantly getting new crap in.

3. check everything thoroughly for holes, rips, tears, etc.

4. don't be afraid to buy the food - just check the expiration date. they get those mrs. fields individually wrapped cookies at mine all the time for cheap and they RULE.

http://gilt.com/

http://parkandbond.com/

Good resources for high end fashion at affordable prices. Park & Bond also has an advice section on the right side of the website.

A good rule is to stay classic, as has already been discussed. Can't go wrong with a black blazer, some nice jeans, and killer shoes. 90% of clothes looking good is the fit, though, which has also been discussed. You don't have to wear ultra tight skinny jeans, but you shouldn't look like you're drowning in your clothes either. Buy clothes that fit well and you're well on your way to looking good.

Most of my stuff is from H&M and PacSun. All I've bought from Zumiez while working there is a new beanie and some new supra high tops but we do have some decent clothes. I pretty much wear basic stuff, solid color v necks and henleys, skinny jeans (too used to them to really get comfortable in loose jeans or like them, dumb I know but oh well). Cardigans or a hoodie here and there if it's cold. I've got a few button ups from JCP and Sears too, I don't really do any of that branding favoritism bullshit, as long as it's basic, looks good and fits well I'll get it. I personally don't think you can go wrong wearing minimal stuff like boot cut/slim jeans (not necessarily skinny, just not idiotically baggy) and plain v necks or button ups. You can pull it off casual or formal because it's simple. Forever 21, Urban Outfitters and Zara have decent stuff sometimes but it's either stupid expensive or sold out so I don't bother with them.

A friend of mine showed me http://lookbook.nu/ which is sorta an okay fashion site to get some ideas from. Some of it looks pretty good while a lot has that "I buy every last thing Urban Outfitters ever sells ever especially if it has owls and triangles and helvetica" hipster douchebag look.

A very obvious and simple bit of advice is to avoid Hot Topic and Spencer's like the plague if you're trying to dress better.

Most of my stuff is from H&M and PacSun. All I've bought from Zumiez while working there is a new beanie and some new supra high tops but we do have some decent clothes. I pretty much wear basic stuff, solid color v necks and henleys, skinny jeans (too used to them to really get comfortable in loose jeans or like them, dumb I know but oh well). Cardigans or a hoodie here and there if it's cold. I've got a few button ups from JCP and Sears too, I don't really do any of that branding favoritism bullshit, as long as it's basic, looks good and fits well I'll get it. I personally don't think you can go wrong wearing minimal stuff like boot cut/slim jeans (not necessarily skinny, just not idiotically baggy) and plain v necks or button ups. You can pull it off casual or formal because it's simple. Forever 21, Urban Outfitters and Zara have decent stuff sometimes but it's either stupid expensive or sold out so I don't bother with them.

A friend of mine showed me http://lookbook.nu/ which is sorta an okay fashion site to get some ideas from. Some of it looks pretty good while a lot has that "I buy every last thing Urban Outfitters ever sells ever especially if it has owls and triangles and helvetica" hipster douchebag look.

A very obvious and simple bit of advice is to avoid Hot Topic and Spencer's like the plague if you're trying to dress better.

lookbook is 95% hipsters taking photos of themselves looking hip. i mean, let's be honest. normal people don't take self timer photos of their outfits to put online just to have other people vain enough to take photos of their outfits coo about them.

also, my pet peeve is bootcut jeans. they look so stupid on most dudes, because they don't wear them as intended (with boots) and it just winds up looking like you're wearing bell bottoms most of the time. stick with the slim/straight/skinny jeans. (and by skinny i don't mean 'it looks like my pants were painted on and i'm in a metalcore band' skinny.

wear these:

[image]

not these:

[image]

lookbook is 95% hipsters taking photos of themselves looking hip. i mean, let's be honest. normal people don't take self timer photos of their outfits to put online just to have other people vain enough to take photos of their outfits coo about them.

also, my pet peeve is bootcut jeans. they look so stupid on most dudes, because they don't wear them as intended (with boots) and it just winds up looking like you're wearing bell bottoms most of the time. stick with the slim/straight/skinny jeans. (and by skinny i don't mean 'it looks like my pants were painted on and i'm in a metalcore band' skinny.

the levi's ex-girlfriend jeans are too skinny, definitely. i stick with the 510s, because after a few wears and no washes they are tight and loose in all the right places. i wear mine with the jean over the boot and they look way better than proper bootcut jeans.

cuffing jeans is whatever, but if you are cuffing kakhis you need to check yourself before you go out.

EDIT: also, dark socks dark socks and dark socks. always.

and fuck all of you for making me go onto the levis site and see these: [image]

I JUST PAID RENT FOR HEAVEN'S SAKE

i'll back gilt.com. i get so many nice clothes and shoes there for a bargain considering what it normally retails for. i have one dress from banana republic and i swear the clothes there are cut weird and the sizes run big. i had to go down a size there and the fit is still somewhat off. their clothes are pricey for what they are.

I've been trying to find decent levi's for years now! I can never find any that fit well due to my thigh width

Anyone here a 34x36 who has Levi's?

Since I put on my Freshman 90 I trade in all my Rock and Republics and True Relgions for American Eagle pants. They are cheap as shit and feel like pajamas! Love these things?

On another note for your friend if he is buying chinos I highly recommend Nordstroms chino pant! They are comfy as hell and price at $80 or so a pair.i picked some of these last year and won't buy any chinos other than them!

I've been trying to find decent levi's for years now! I can never find any that fit well due to my thigh width

Anyone here a 34x36 who has Levi's?

Since I put on my Freshman 90 I trade in all my Rock and Republics and True Relgions for American Eagle pants. They are cheap as shit and feel like pajamas! Love these things?

On another note for your friend if he is buying chinos I highly recommend Nordstroms chino pant! They are comfy as hell and price at $80 or so a pair.i picked some of these last year and won't buy any chinos other than them!

try the taper style: http://us.levi.com/family/index.jsp?categoryId=11360365&cp=3146842.3146855&ab=leftnav:men:bystyle:byfit:taper:11360365