Things I Hope Disappear In 2012

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My upstairs neighbors.

And (bad) dubstep.

in 2010, I was living under a dude who sucked + who only listened to dubstep/bad dance music at full blast.

Short of moving out, how would you suggest combatting this? The guy plays it at night through the night, he plays it in the morning. We've taken to guzzling Nitequil which only worked for a few nights before we started getting immune to it. This morning he woke us up by playing bass tones that made the apartment shake. He's in his mid 30's and is super awkward when he sees us because we call the cops on him nearly every day, call the landlord on him three times a week and I scream at him through the ceiling (I acknowledge that the third thing isn't the most tactful but when you're not awake and all you hear is pounding thumping, tact isn't job number one).

maybe if people weren't so easily separated from their money.

Exactly. If no one threw down money before distros had the records in hand, preorders would cease to exist. We all vote with our cash.

Already doing my part. Wish I didn't have to miss out on releases to do so. I hate when a record sells out before it is released. But I hate pre-orders more.

Bass can not be stopped. He probably isn't even playing it very loud.

As for pre-orders. MTS are the worst recent offenders. But most labels seem to have delays on every project, after they have taken your money.

Don't forget Paper + Plastick

I had a few problems with Six Feet Under also.

And Vinyl Collective/Suburban Home in years past is a good example.

maybe if people weren't so easily separated from their money.

Exactly. If no one threw down money before distros had the records in hand, preorders would cease to exist. We all vote with our cash.

Right, but thats not going to happen is what Im saying.

There's a good way to do pre-orders, like having all parts approved and already in production/nearly completed when the pre-order goes up or if you're pre-ordering things months out, at least hit your targeted release date.

Then there's a bad way to do pre-orders...see the MTS TOYPAJ thread.

There's a good way to do pre-orders, like having all parts approved and already in production/nearly completed when the pre-order goes up or if you're pre-ordering things months out, at least his your targeted release date.

Props to Hot Topic for rarely doing pre-orders.

There's a good way to do pre-orders, like having all parts approved and already in production/nearly completed when the pre-order goes up or if you're pre-ordering things months out, at least his your targeted release date.

Props to Hot Topic for rarely doing pre-orders.

The only 2 vinyl pre-orders Ive done were The Devil Wears Prada and the latest Four Year Strong and the labels really wanted to do pre-orders on those so I said ok since HT was getting a complete exclusive/exclusive color. Normally Id rather just wait til records are in stock before selling them. Makes it more simple and causes less problems for the people buying the records as well as the people selling the records.

Already doing my part. Wish I didn't have to miss out on releases to do so. I hate when a record sells out before it is released. But I hate pre-orders more.

that'd be the day I miss out on a release I want just because it's a pre-order. I'd rather have $17-18 floating around in Paypal limbo for a month (you have 45 days to file a claim if it's not sent and get your money back) than not get a record I want. Not that strapped for cash, especially if I'm just planning on spending it on the same exact release once the vinyl is actually "in hand." Come on, pre-orders done right are NOT that big of a deal, and help labels get capital up front to actually help produce these releases.

(not saying I'm down with MTS pre-orders, because, that shit is seriously out of this world to me.)