PO: Menzingers & Sidekicks 7" @ Red Scare

Toby doesn't share because people were dicks to him about the Chamberlain Waits LP info. (when he corrected info that was incorrect, people got all up in arms about it and were not so nice to him.) We still don't have info for 4152 by Sundowner.

When it's gone, it's gone.

I think it was a little more than just incorrect info but whatever. Something tells me its Black/500. I felt like I saw that somewhere. My only question is are these songs different versions than the ones on the new LP.

• 4 weeks later...
Got the menzingers 7" today. A folded-over sleeve crammed into a 7" mailer, and no poly-bag/way to protect the sleeve or even keep it closed. Ridiculous.

Toby mentioned on the Twitter that the polybags didn't fit when the 7" came in.

Teaser 7" w/ 2 songs off the LP is kinda weak sauce, but whatever i guess.

I never saw the point of "teaser" 7 inches. i guess i shoulda paid more attn before ordering.

Got the menzingers 7" today. A folded-over sleeve crammed into a 7" mailer, and no poly-bag/way to protect the sleeve or even keep it closed. Ridiculous.

Toby mentioned on the Twitter that the polybags didn't fit when the 7" came in.

Teaser 7" w/ 2 songs off the LP is kinda weak sauce, but whatever i guess.

I never saw the point of "teaser" 7 inches. i guess i shoulda paid more attn before ordering.

I understand a teaser 7" a few months before an album drops, but 2 weeks before the album comes out, it seems pretty pointless.

I can't speak for the motives behind this record, but I'd imagine taking 2 songs off of an album that have already been recorded and pressing them onto a 7" is a decent way to make some money if nothing else.

Don't get me wrong, I'm stoked either way, I just don't really understand the point of this 7" if they're the same songs as the album, give that the album is out in 2 weeks.

I think it's more so just the Menzingers way of saying thanks to the label that gave them a chance in the first place when they could have easily just not done anything except the new Epitaph release. I agree it would have been cool for some alternative songs but after announcing the signing they seemed to put together the record super quick and get in the studio equally as fast. They probably didn't have the spare tracks just lying around, with the exception of Irish Goodbyes but then that's already on Mixed Signals.