I love when Companies follow instructions

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now I wish I had done something like this on my latest order from IVWT. I wonder if they would have done it. Probably, I think.

funnily enough i never do this when i order from online stores like IVWT

just the record companies

Sub-Pop

Polyvinyl

and now Barsuk have all done as i asked =)

but i threw the SP and Poly ones away, ima save them from now on =)

About a year ago I wrote "Draw a snowman!" in the comments section of an order I placed with Mylene Sheath. Lindsay painstakingly hand painted this on the outside of the mailer and coated it with packing tape:

[image]

It's currently sitting on top of my record shelf.

thats kick ass. is the tree painted or is that negative space?

About a year ago I wrote "Draw a snowman!" in the comments section of an order I placed with Mylene Sheath. Lindsay painstakingly hand painted this on the outside of the mailer and coated it with packing tape:

[image]

That is fucking awesome! This thread has inspired me. The only thing i've ever gotten, which I didn't ask for, was the word DYNOMITE, written on the box that my Bear VS Shark "Terrorhawk" LP came in.

[image]

thats kick ass. is the tree painted or is that negative space?

The tree is painted too. I'll try to take a better picture of it tomorrow. It's really a masterpiece.

[image]

This is beautiful. I need to start doing this.

i've never asked, but someone on Discogs asked me to draw some pictures in the mailer. So, i sent him a picture of a monster eating records and yelling "VIINNNYYYLLZZZ" and drew a nerd coming in and correcting him on how to pluralize "vinyl."

These are cool and all but honestly I get way too many people requesting shit like this and I just don't have the time nor artistic ability to do them all. I'm not sure when this trend started but it has gotten a little obnoxious lately

Just my two cents

It seems like its been pretty popular for a couple years. Nerds on Reddit are always posting shit drawn on pizza boxes. One of them gained a ton of attention about a year ago and it's hasn't slowed since.