I love when Companies follow instructions

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

These are cool and all but honestly I get way too many people requesting shit like this and I just don't have the time nor artistic ability to do them all. I'm not sure when this trend started but it has gotten a little obnoxious lately

Just my two cents

damn =/ now i feel bad, i dunno, i did it as a joke once, and polyvinyl actually complied so i just added it everytime

its not like i get pissed or anything if it doesn't happen, its just an added smile

Labels that post here are reading this thread and thinking "fuck this better not become a trend". I can easily picture a post being made by some newjack in the near future: "Label X did not draw a shark on my mailer, I was pretty disappointed".

The examples in this thread are awesome, though.

this has actually happened to me.

I get requests all the time to draw or write or whatever on the mailer. and i used to all the time when i would get one or two orders a day. But now im way too busy most of the time to accomodate every artistic request. And i did see once, a post on a messageboard where someone negatively said they asked me to draw something, and they just got a plain mailer.

Labels that post here are reading this thread and thinking "fuck this better not become a trend". I can easily picture a post being made by some newjack in the near future: "Label X did not draw a shark on my mailer, I was pretty disappointed".

The examples in this thread are awesome, though.

I get requests all the time to draw or write or whatever on the mailer. and i used to all the time when i would get one or two orders a day. But now im way too busy most of the time to accomodate every artistic request. And i did see once, a post on a messageboard where someone negatively said they asked me to draw something, and they just got a plain mailer.

That amused me for a quick second and then disgusted me. People these days will just whine about the smallest things.

I do this quite a bit. Well my girlfriend is stressed from school and it helps her get her mind off of school/work to do a quick fun drawing. I usually only do it for ebay stuff and usually only when its going to a business. For a guy who worked at HP she drew a Laptop playing pacman on the screen. Its happened alot. Apple, Thai Embassy, US Embassy, alot of stuff for soldiers who order and ship it to the bases. the latest one was a Google dude from ebay. I never do it on the outside of the package (Just have a fear it will lead to more USPS hands touching it and that isnt good.) If anyone ever request it, I'll pass it to her and she'll probably do it. I just like surprising people

Heres the Google one.

[image]

somebody wrote me a nice note when I bought a copy of Loveless from your store last summer. I think that was the first time that had happened for me, it was magical.