The "can't believe i passed on that deal" thread.

Basically, tell me about the time were you were about to buy a record then for whatever reason or shenanigans that ensued prevented me from getting it.

For me, it was when Dine alone put up a few extra copies of Alexisonfire's Watchout! and the Self titled a couple of months ago. I didn't order it cause it came up to 100~ shipped for both, and thought it was kinda pricey. Both of them were in my cart, then i just X'd out the window thinking I could get it a bit cheaper if I just waited a little while.

Fast forward a couple of weeks, I go on collectors frenzy and see this: http://www.collectorsfrenzy.com/Default.aspx?ctl00%24SearchKey=alexisonfire&SortKey=0&x=0&y=0

yes, i still feel dumb.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

went to Copeland's last show at The Middle East in Cambridge, MA, and they had "You Are My Sunshine" on vinyl. It was $20, and I must have been low in funds in my savings account at the time because I thought "shit I don't want to spend $20 on an LP right now." I also didn't want to carry it around all night. Always passed on it online assuming one day I'd get it for a good price. Then, it became OOP and the price fucking skyrocketed. It legitimately hurts my stomach to this day when I think about it because I'll never be able to get it now. Keep in mind this is my favorite album by them too.

Moronically passed on orig presses of beat happenings 1st lp and dreamy on color for $7 each at a record fair. I also saw the stack of shit the guy who was flipping through before me had: orig mudhoney, slowdive, ride, my bloody valentine lps all priced in the same manner as the BH lps.

Pearl Jam Twenty was around $44 with free shipping from amazon.ca and I passed on it.

EPIC FAIL.

Ha, this is me with every Pearl Jam record ever. I always thought they would be around, and then one day they weren't. I picked up my copy of No Code years ago at Amoeba for $6.99. There were three of them. I wish I had bought all of them and saved them to trade for Yield and Binaural.

last week at Newbury, they had a copy of the 4LP stadium arcadium box. granted, i have read here that it's not a particularly great sounding pressing, i was still pretty surprised to see it at normal retail of $36. went back to pick it up the next day and it was gone, as was the 20th anniversary press of BSSM.

Pearl Jam Twenty was around $44 with free shipping from amazon.ca and I passed on it.

EPIC FAIL.

Ha, this is me with every Pearl Jam record ever. I always thought they would be around, and then one day they weren't. I picked up my copy of No Code years ago at Amoeba for $6.99. There were three of them. I wish I had bought all of them and saved them to trade for Yield and Binaural.

I canceled my amazon order after I got one from the 10 club for th ePJ20, wish I wouldn't have but had no idea they would be this hard to find.

Passed up on Binaural for awhile because you could pretty much get any PJ vinyl from the 10C for awhile and then bam all of it was gone and then impossible to find, glad I got what I did.

Moronically passed on orig presses of beat happenings 1st lp and dreamy on color for $7 each at a record fair. I also saw the stack of shit the guy who was flipping through before me had: orig mudhoney, slowdive, ride, my bloody valentine lps all priced in the same manner as the BH lps.

that's painful! dude got some incredible records for nothing!

Back in 2003 when I first starting buying vinyl, I passed on a $8 copy of Leave Here A Stranger by Starflyer 59 at Wax n' Facts in Little Five Points when I was living in Atlanta. I've kicked myself for that ever since.

One time I saw Unicornography at a Hot Topic (OG copy), said to myself "I'll get that the next time I'm in here."

Now I say "Tom, you're an idiot."

There were three at my local hot topic a couple years back and I bought all three of them for $7.98 each. Came in very handy on a couple of trades :)

One time I saw Unicornography at a Hot Topic (OG copy), said to myself "I'll get that the next time I'm in here."

Now I say "Tom, you're an idiot."

There were three at my local hot topic a couple years back and I bought all three of them for $7.98 each. Came in very handy on a couple of trades :)

Dude! Totally JEALOUS

Great thread guys. I saw Mastodon on the Leviathan tour in 2004 when they were still "up and coming." They had first press copies of Leviathan for $12 and I didn't buy one because I wasn't into vinyl at the time. In fact I remember thinking to myself "why would anyone buy a record in this day and age?" Hilarious to look back at that moment. It would have been nice to score the /100 white. Awesome album.