You have to understand why this is though. Most, if not all, of these are limited 150-300, and have been out for over a year or two. I'm sure they aren't just sitting on 50 copies of the Jack White tricolor 7". Then people would be bitching on why they didn't give them all out with the preorder, or why more weren't sold in the store. They have handfuls of these. 

You can't win for losing sometimes.

I do understand that, but at the same time I wonder if he has kept to the integrity of the 300 count. None of us have any way of counting how many of each has been released to the public (that wouldn't require a ton of work). Jack sticks to his rules pretty thoroughly so I'd like to give him the benefit of the doubt, but all these decision about ways in which he releases items are never off the cuff, they seem to be part of elaborate plans, in which case when he divided up the pressings of these albums, why would he hang on to so little? and also with all the creative ways they've sold records, they can't think of one good way to sell these to true fans instead of flippers? here's one: make this a vault only sale. Besides the packages we get every three months there aren't a whole lot of other benefits to being vault members

Cause only true fans are Vault members.

certainly not, and perhaps not my best idea ever, and look I don't expect him to meet the needs of all of us, the records wouldn't be special then, I just think there are certain avenues that could be explored to filter out some more flippers, because i got an Ebay saved search email yesterday that included two Dex Romweber B&B's and that's not coincidence. I would have loved to spin those records, even at the prices Third Man was selling for.

While this sale is frustrating, I think that is one of the most fair ways to handle it. There are no set release times. Everyone who wants one has the same opportunity as the next. It all comes down to luck and how much time you have on your hands. It sucks some flippers have purchased some, but people like gkersey has been pretty successful too. This sale may actually be the way to help weed out some flippers.

there's nothing you can do to weed out flippers.  just the nature of the game.  i'm convinced that this tmr stuff just encourages flippers anyway and leads to some totally insane prices on things.  if there thing were easier to get, i.e. sold tri-colors during pre-orders limited to one per person, I think it would go a long way towards driving some of these prices down rather than the whole "golden ticket/lottery winner" nature of everything now, e.g. tri-colors inserted randomly, rolling record store, 10 copies sent to random record store, REFRESH-A-THON, blah blah blah.

My issue with this sale is that it's a colossal waste of time. Seriously, they could have made a deal instead where you volunteer a few hours of your time and send in for a special access code to get into the sale at a set time. People would spent less time on their site hitting refresh, they would still sell everything and a whole bunch of good would have come from this mess. Seriously, the Refresh-A-Thon was a bummer the day I did it. Glad I quit, I hate wasting time.

If you're the first to add it to your cart, they should let you keep it and follow with a nice casual check out process. Kind of like how ticketmaster does it. If you decide you don't want it, throw it back in to the feeding pit. This also gives a random late-comer the chance to snag it, too.

there's nothing you can do to weed out flippers.  just the nature of the game.  i'm convinced that this tmr stuff just encourages flippers anyway and leads to some totally insane prices on things.  if there thing were easier to get, i.e. sold tri-colors during pre-orders limited to one per person, I think it would go a long way towards driving some of these prices down rather than the whole "golden ticket/lottery winner" nature of everything now, e.g. tri-colors inserted randomly, rolling record store, 10 copies sent to random record store, REFRESH-A-THON, blah blah blah.

It looks like the people in nashville are primed to pull all of this in since they don't let it go online.

If you're the first to add it to your cart, they should let you keep it and follow with a nice casual check out process. Kind of like how ticketmaster does it. If you decide you don't want it, throw it back in to the feeding pit. This also gives a random late-comer the chance to snag it, too.

this!!

totally the way it should be done