They're Crosley, if you did find a review, it's likely to be bad.  Fun novelty item for third man diehards but you're not gonna want to actually listen with these I'm sure.

Think about it, for $35 not only are you paying for the Third Man name, you're also paying extra for a box, detachable cloth chord and quilted headband. rt More than likely, the actual headphones are gonna be dog poop.  We've got a nice "Headphones under $100" thread over in the VC "turntables & other audio equipment" forum.

yeah, no, i know. i have myself a healthy collection of good headphones. i just think they look cool, and i bet they sound decent. most crosley stuff is built for aesthetics and low cost. the reason i would never own a crosley turntable isn't because they don't sound good. (they sound halfway decent for a $150 turntable with a handle that i can just plug into the wall). it's because i don't want those needles touching my records. i've toyed with the idea of buying a crosley just to bring on trips and listen in the hotel room and shit, but i can't bring myself to do it. these headphones however, can't hurt anything, and there's plenty of cheap headphones that sound really good. i wouldn't expect much out of them. 

i know you really try to help people not buy shit, but you kinda come off as pretentious.  

these headphones made by crosley retail about the same price as the third man ones. i'm sure a bunch of third man die-hards will buy them, and if they sound decent, i might pick up a pair, more for the novelty. and i'll be okay.

yeah, no, i know. i have myself a healthy collection of good headphones. i just think they look cool, and i bet they sound decent. most crosley stuff is built for aesthetics and low cost. the reason i would never own a crosley turntable isn't because they don't sound good. (they sound halfway decent for a $150 turntable with a handle that i can just plug into the wall). it's because i don't want those needles touching my records. i've toyed with the idea of buying a crosley just to bring on trips and listen in the hotel room and shit, but i can't bring myself to do it. these headphones however, can't hurt anything, and there's plenty of cheap headphones that sound really good. i wouldn't expect much out of them.

i know you really try to help people not buy shit, but you kinda come off as pretentious.

these headphones made by crosley retail about the same price as the third man ones. i'm sure a bunch of third man die-hards will buy them, and if they sound decent, i might pick up a pair, more for the novelty. and i'll be okay.

You kind of come off sounding like a turd so i guess we're even. Id laugh at you if i ever saw you wearing your third man headphones on the CTA.

Funny thing is Im usually the one getting flamed over on the other section with some of the more high-end audiophiles because Im always the one suggesting quality budget gear for those with a tighter budget. But really, the bottom line is you would be paying for looks with those headphones and not for sound, which is ultimately what this whole "listening to music thing" should be all about.

I've noticed the people are very different on both boards, but its headphones man, relax. I'm sorry they "flame" on you so hard, but you don't have to come over here and do it to feel better about yourself. People need to relax around here.

Also, I thought my comment was pretty civil and honest. You really need to work on taking criticism. There's much better ways to make suggestions if you're really trying to help.

I've noticed the people are very different on both boards, but its headphones man, relax. I'm sorry they "flame" on you so hard, but you don't have to come over here and do it to feel better about yourself. People need to relax around here.

Also, I thought my comment was pretty civil and honest. You really need to work on taking criticism. There's much better ways to make suggestions if you're really trying to help.

Ole timbrh has consistently been one of the worst members on the board. I just have my computer ignore him.

Ever since that Phish thread forever ago. It's golden.

Ole timbrh has consistently been one of the worst members on the board. I just have my computer ignore him.

Ever since that Phish thread forever ago. It's golden.

he just needs to be right about everything. I don't know what the deal is, but he has good taste in music he just gets set off and offended real easily.

New Blue Series single announced today!

BRITTANY HOWARD & RUBY AMANFU Blue Series

Third Man Records is as excited as we are proud to announce a once in a lifetime pairing of two of modern music's leading ladies, as Brittany Howard and Ruby Amanfu join forces for the "I Wonder" b/w "When My Man Comes Home" Single (TMR 201).

The new single features the Grammy-nominated Alabama Shakes frontwoman teaming up with the Third Man family member who first caught our ears on Jack White's "Love Interruption" for two reinterpretations of boldly contrasting source material: Side A features their take on "I Wonder," originally performed by Rodriguez, subject of the Oscar-winning documentary Searching For Sugar Man, while side B finds Howard also picking up her acoustic guitar as the two sing their version of "When My Man Comes Home," originally recorded by Memphis Minnie, the immortal composer of "When The Levee Breaks" among others.

The single also features The Buzzards' Dominic Davis on electric and upright bass, Daru Jones on drums, Cory Younts on piano, Ikey Owens on keys and Hammond B3 and Fats Kaplin on electric guitar, lap steel and mandolin. Pre-order the 7" single here, available March 12th.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...