THRICE-VHEISSU 2xLP repress HOT TOPIC exclusive

travis

I was supposed to meet a friend for drinks @ 8. I got off work @ 5, so I needed to kill some time without wasting 50 miles driving back & forth. AH! Hot Topic has the new pressing of Cheshire Cat, so I should pick that up & kill 30 minutes. Like I said above, I was pretty excited when I saw the Thrice record because I had seen this thread & the claim it was coming out on April 10th. So I bought $160 worth of records & headed to my father's house to kill some time. My father's new to the internet, so I decided to show him how to list on eBay. I originally planned to list them for $60 OBO. But I got greedy & put them at $75. Then my pops & I walked to Subway to have dinner. About 30 minutes later we get back to his house & I tell him we should check eBay for shits & giggles. WTF! 1 sold. For $75. LOL! Dad was impressed. Ha! Then I went out for drinks & met some crazy dude at the bar that smoked my friend & I out, bought us a pitcher of beer, & paid for all our pool. Oh crap. I completely forgot that while at my dad's I found my passport & Social Security card that I thought were MIA. And while at Subway my girlfriend found something I had been searching for weeks for, but was unable to locate. So I was pretty goddamn happy. After the bar, I got home & had a couple messages about the record. I responded & was about to go to bed. Something told me to refresh though. So I did. And the second record sold. FUCK YES! I just paid for my copy, the Marshall Mathers LP, 2 Deftones records, the latest Manchester Orchestra record, & the Cheshire Cat I originally went in to purchase. And I didn't feel so bad that I purchased $150 worth of records because I thought I was getting $75 back, when in reality I have 50% coupons. No wonder the manager was so happy & excited with me buying so many records. He was a great dude. Nice people in the store yesterday.

[image]

seriously, can we get a ban here?

if i had any sort of power on these boards it would have already happened.

and that is probably the reason you don't & will never have power. "oh, lets ban this person because i don't agree with the prices people want to pay him for records." FYI, I had it automatically set to accept any offer over $60. And it rejected all the clowns that sent in $1 or $20. Also, I had no clue what to list this record for. I didn't even check the completed listing for Artist in the Ambulance. I was shocked when I saw the average was around $30. I will never understand someone paying $75 for a record like this. But I definitely appreciate it. I'm going to Vegas Saturday.

if i had any sort of power on these boards it would have already happened.

and that is probably the reason you don't & will never have power. "oh, lets ban this person because i don't agree with the prices people want to pay him for records." FYI, I had it automatically set to accept any offer over $60. And it rejected all the clowns that sent in $1 or $20. Also, I had no clue what to list this record for. I didn't even check the completed listing for Artist in the Ambulance. I was shocked when I saw the average was around $30. I will never understand someone paying $75 for a record like this. But I definitely appreciate it. I'm going to Vegas Saturday.

if you were any sort of good/decent person, you would have been stoked to see this record was out early, and then came on here and offered to send it to people in need outside of the country at cost, plus shipping. and hell, you would have even been able to make a few extra dollars since SO MANY PEOPLE still need it.

dont try and justify what you do, cause this isnt the first time, and i know its not the last. seriously, fucking die. people like you make me have no faith in humanity.

Called the coronado mall in albuquerque to see if they still had any and the girl on the phone didnt know what a vinyl record was.....

Did you ask about the Thrice laserdiscs? Thrice 2012-2013 calendars?*

*both real questions I've received about records

After asking her four times if theyhad it in stock I just hung up. I will drop by after work and check. If they have any out I can get as many as I can and send them to people on here if they would like.

if you were any sort of good person, you would have been stoked to see this record was out early, and then came on here and offered to send it to people in need outside of the country at cost, plus shipping. and hell, you would have even been able to make a few extra dollars since SO MANY PEOPLE still need it.

dont try and justify what you do, cause this isnt the first time, and i know its not the last. seriously, fucking die. people like you make me have no faith in humanity.

HA! You're funny. NEED IT. Please stop. You're killing me. No one NEEDS a record. And there will be plenty more available. Plus, its not like this is a repress or anything...

edit: And people like you are the reason I have no faith in humanity. Telling people to go die because of something they sold. Something perfectly legal. Something that is done w/ every single item available in the world. Supply & demand my friend. They could have pressed this out of 50 million if everyone NEEDED it.

Personally, I don't think ducksworth did anything wrong in the slightest.

Because I didn't. Yet the VC vinyl police like to get in everyone's business. I was seriously laughing so hard reading all the people searching for this record after I posted that auction. I almost posted last night that I bought them at the Block. But then I remembered most the people that post on the regular act like jackasses & spoiled fucking brats from Toddlers & Tiaras. I'm all for helping people out, but so many motherfuckers act so entitled around here. It only fuels my flip game :) While they've been bitching, I made $275 off Jack White tickets on Friday & paid for all my records yesterday. Haters gonna hate.

It baffles me that a shithead like ducksworth is still allowed to post here but IVWT is banned.

If it baffles you then you probably have learning disabilities. I don't run a competing site that posts about selling everything cheaper than the owner of this board. A little common sense people. PLEASE!

i may dislike dicksworth as much as the next person but if you think about it, he didn't even go to the Hot topic to pick this up, it was just there and was just luck....

a) if he knew it was there, im sure he would have rushed there anyway and done the same shit without hesitation.

B) that story was bullshit

a) if he knew it was there, im sure he would have rushed there anyway and done the same shit without hesitation.

HA! That story was 100% true. I left out the part about fucking my gf & telling her how everyone got so butt hurt over me selling the Jack White tickets. The fucking was the most exciting part of the night because she's been holding out since we moved out together. I used to get that shit every night. Now I'm lucky if I get it once a week. Women, that shit is not cool. False advertising. Kind of like those HT $15 coupons :) I'm realer than real deal Holyfield

Edit: And I'd love for you to explain how I had the wizard abilities to know these records would show up 10+ days early. Like I said, I popped a boner when I saw them. I'm an OG Thrice fan. From when they were still playing churches all across OC. I have the First Impressions EP that I bought from them & not for some ungodly amount.

HA! That story was 100% true. I left out the part about fucking my gf & telling her how everyone got so butt hurt over me selling the Jack White tickets. The fucking was the most exciting part of the night because she's been holding out since we moved out together. I used to get that shit every night. Now I'm lucky if I get it once a week. Women, that shit is not cool. False advertising. Kind of like those HT $15 coupons :) I'm realer than real deal Holyfield

so, you only acknowledge point (B) and give me a bunch of shinfo, and pretend like point (a), the most important point of my argument, mind you, just isnt there. ok dude.

ducksworth = rj = src

If it baffles you then you probably have learning disabilities. I don't run a competing site that posts about selling everything cheaper than the owner of this board. A little common sense people. PLEASE!

The only reason you come and post here is to rile people up and it obviously works. Nobody gives a shit about your trip to subway or drinks with your friend or whoever got you super high. You only post about flipping shit because you know it pisses people off.

You are well within your right to sell your records for however much you can get for them and if people are buying them more power to you. But the fact that you brag about and laugh all the way to the bank when there are people on here who (dont need) might not be able to get a copy of this at all is what pisses people off.

You could be nice and make a little $ to help out people on the board but instead you're a complete shithead about it.

The only reason you come and post here is to rile people up and it obviously works. Nobody gives a shit about your trip to subway or drinks with your friend or whoever got you super high. You only post about flipping shit because you know it pisses people off.

You are well within your right to sell your records for however much you can get for them and if people are buying them more power to you. But the fact that you brag about and laugh all the way to the bank when there are people on here who (dont need) might not be able to get a copy of this at all is what pisses people off.

You could be nice and make a little $ to help out people on the board but instead you're a complete shithead about it.

I have no problem helping people with the board. I honestly don't even have a smartphone. I put the auction up not knowing what would happen. It was a surprise when I came back & saw the first sold. Same for the second after I went out for drinks. It seriously blew my mind that they both sold so fast. I could have cleaned them out if I wanted to, but I left multiple copies there for others. I'm sorry, but I'm really not in the business of picking up multiple copies for everyone & their brother that wants one. Obviously there is a greater demand than the 1000 copies pressed. Someone misses out. Like me on many records. But records aren't my life. I don't shed a tear or wish ill will on anyone. I do admit I love to stir shit up when I see the children acting out of line. It can be quite fun when people get so bent out of shape over something that is none of their business. My buyers are happy. I'm happy. Outside people can kiss my ass.

edit: And I've posted things besides my flipping. I posted about the Lucero LP & live 7". You know the same one you said you wanted. I had even thought about picking it up for you since I live pretty close to Fingerprints. I am a nice guy. I'm just not nice to the children that are out of line.