THRICE-VHEISSU 2xLP repress HOT TOPIC exclusive

travis

Went to pick up a copy at the mall here in Albuquerque and the girl said she couldn't sell me it because the street date isn't until Tuesday....

Sorry dude, they are just doing their job. I did tell them its a 4/10 street date. Ask them to hold your copy til tomorrow and tell them to send me and email or give me a call if they want to make sure its ok for them to sell this now. Im leaving in about 30 minutes but Ill be around tomorrow so they will be able to get a hold of me.

Would I tell then just to call travis at hot topic?

Looks like these stores have them already. Sounds liek Cerritos is sold out already and some of these other stores may be sold out already too. I suggest calling the store before you make the trip

309407 2XLP THRICE-VHEISSU

MALL CITY STATE

Northtown Mall Spokane WA

Travis,

Is there anyway you can tell me if this store still has some? Called them and they said they didn't have any. Thanks

Brian

Sorry dude, they are just doing their job. I did tell them its a 4/10 street date. Ask them to hold your copy til tomorrow and tell them to send me and email or give me a call if they want to make sure its ok for them to sell this now. Im leaving in about 30 minutes but Ill be around tomorrow so they will be able to get a hold of me.

Would I tell then just to call travis at hot topic?

Yea just tell them to call Travis in the Music Dept.

Travis,

Is there anyway you can tell me if this store still has some? Called them and they said they didn't have any. Thanks

Brian

Sorry must have missed that. I can only see whats in the system and its showing that they have stock on this. They could have sold them already or they could have them in a box of new shipment stuff that they havent opened up yet.

Got the last one at Cerritos. For those who missed this, they did say that they would be getting more Vheissu in a few days so if you want one, I'd suggest calling.

I also spoke to the employees. Cerritos won't be turning into a vinyl carrying HT, but they WILL be carrying select titles, one of the being the TAITA repress. So lookout for those too.

That's all for now. I'll check for warping when I get home. Time for class! Thanks again Travis.

Got the last one at Cerritos. For those who missed this, they did say that they would be getting more Vheissu in a few days so if you want one, I'd suggest calling.

I also spoke to the employees. Cerritos won't be turning into a vinyl carrying HT, but they WILL be carrying select titles, one of the being the TAITA repress. So lookout for those too.

That's all for now. I'll check for warping when I get home. Time for class! Thanks again Travis.

Yea Cerritos isnt a "vinyl store" but they seem to get something new every once in a while. Not really sure why.

I was talking to the guy at that store for a bit today so I think he misunderstood me but they arent getting anymore Vheissu from this pressing and there is no way of knowing yet if any specific store is getting the next Artist repress. I told him I was working on represses of both Artist and Vheissu so that more copies of both would be coming in general, I guess he thought I meant his store specifically. They may get the next repress of both but as of now there's no way of know which stores will be getting those.

Yea Cerritos isnt a "vinyl store" but they seem to get something new every once in a while. Not really sure why.

I was talking to the guy at that store for a bit today so I think he misunderstood me but they arent getting anymore Vheissu from this pressing and there is no way of knowing yet if any specific store is getting the next Artist repress. I told him I was working on represses of both Artist and Vheissu so that more copies of both would be coming in general, I guess he thought I meant his store specifically. They may get the next repress of both but as of now there's no way of know which stores will be getting those.

Gotcha.

edit: And I've posted things besides my flipping. I posted about the Lucero LP & live 7". You know the same one you said you wanted. I had even thought about picking it up for you since I live pretty close to Fingerprints. I am a nice guy. I'm just not nice to the children that are out of line.

Its easy to say stuff like that to save face after the fact, you "thought about picking it up" but didn't message me at all doesn't exactly make me think "oh sheesh i was wrong about this guy, hes super nice and kind hearted".

You're still a shitbag.

Fishguts, if you have a smartphone having VC open and on it helps in situations like that where an employee says something without hearing the latest instruction from Travis. you can just show them the thread with travis's replies. I've done it numerous times in the past.

thanks for the tip. I did not think of doing that at the time.

Looks like these stores have them already. Sounds liek Cerritos is sold out already and some of these other stores may be sold out already too. I suggest calling the store before you make the trip

309407 2XLP THRICE-VHEISSU

MALL CITY STATE

Brea Mall Brea CA

Los Cerritos Center Cerritos CA

Irvine Spectrum Irvine CA

Valencia Town Center Valencia CA

Pacific View Mall Ventura CA

Galleria at Tyler Riverside CA

Plaza at West Covina West Covina CA

Inland Center San Bernadino CA

Plaza Camino Real Carlsbad CA

North County Fair Escondido CA

The Block at Orange Orange CA

Coronado Center Albuquerque NM

North Star Mall San Antonio TX

San Marcos II San Marcos TX

Padre Staples Mall Corpus Christi TX

Tacoma Mall Tacoma WA

Northtown Mall Spokane WA

So I just called my shop (valencia) and they said they don't have it...could they just be retarded?

got my copy at the hollywood and highland store.

Ah! did they have any more?? I'm right down the street.

EDIT: Nevermind, just called them, they sold ALL FOUR copies they got today. Rats, just my luck D-:

when i got mine like 1 hour ago, the guy said they had like three in the back. damn! these go quick.

I guess we can't expect much organization around a release date from the likes of hot topic employees. Whatever, I guess an early release is better than a late release is better than no release at all.

It just bugs me when I call stores, half have sold them already and half of them have employees that speak with an obvious uncertainty when I ask if they got this album in.

This is seriously how every conversation has gone when I call and ask if they have it:

Me: "Hi, have you guys got this album in? a lot of other stores in the area have."

Employee: "Uh, ummm, uh..... No, I don't think we got that one in. Um, we get our shipments usually on... Um, you should check back, um... on Tuesday. It should be out on Tuesday. Let me check our website. Oh it's not on there looks like we don't have it, okay?"

This is what I really hear when they speak: "Look, I probably have this in the back but I get paid minimum wage working at hot topic so there's no way I'm going to look for you. Then, randomly, when an employee feels like opening up the box that's been sitting there all day, I'll sell all four copies to a flipper. Or I'll just hold them for myself to flip. Thanks for choosing hot topic, have a good day."

I work at an extremely large retailer and I know for a fact it's not hard to go to the back to check for something new, or at the very least look in the store's inventory and not just on the website. Guh.

/vent

Hi. I'm super impatient and even though I knew for two weeks or so that the street date on this isn't for another 2 weeks, I'm going to freak out and start hyperventilating because maybe 100 of these have sold already. I'm willing to give my first born +shipping for this (maybe a little extra too??).

/sarcasm

Seriously people, chill. I'm excited for this too, but my well-being doesn't depend on it.

Hi. I'm super impatient and even though I knew for two weeks or so that the street date on this isn't for another 2 weeks, I'm going to freak out and start hyperventilating because maybe 100 of these have sold already. I'm willing to give my first born +shipping for this (maybe a little extra too??).

/sarcasm

Seriously people, chill. I'm excited for this too, but my well-being doesn't depend on it.

Posts like this are so amusing to me, people always seem to have something to say yet nothing to contribute to the conversation.

I am chill. I was simply venting about a record release on a message board that encourages discussion about vinyl. Is that a big deal to you? No one is paying above cost except the don't-know-betters on ebay, not me or anyone else on this board.

Also, if they've sold 100, that's already 10 percent of the amount made and it's still a week and a half until the release. That's a pretty substantial amount. We'll see how many end up on eBay before then. It just bugs me that the majority are probably going to flippers. That's all, I'm not going out and hurting myself over it.