Shit on bands here

the mountain goats

go to an underground poet reading. it'll mesh better than cramming shit into a song with basic chords my 5 month old can play.

he can write. so what.

each song is like a druken boat captains sea adventures.

i keep waiting for a chorus of 'aaaarrrrrrrrghhhhh's'

downvote all you want. fucking shit!

Everything you used to explain why you dislike The Mountain Goats reminded me why I think they are great and also now I want to start a band that actually does play songs about drunken boat captains and choruses that are a bunch of "aaaaarrrrrrgh's."

Agreed.

Also I fucking cannot stand Dads and how they're just a shitty shitty ripoff of any good emo music.

Also Modern Baseball sucks.

I thought I was the only one who hated those two. Everyone fawns over MB and they just sound like garbage to me. I feel bad hating on a local Philly band but oh well.

Everything you used to explain why you dislike The Mountain Goats reminded me why I think they are great and also now I want to start a band that actually does play songs about drunken boat captains and choruses that are a bunch of "aaaaarrrrrrgh's."

I feel the same way. 

"A pirate's life for me!"

Yeah but that one album still kicked a bunch of ass.

I shit on him a lot around here, and have no shame doing it some more: B.O.B.. Dude is the cheesiest, most talentless piece of shit to ever get a deal, and it blows my fucking mind that a group of suits have just handed him endless features like Taylor swift, rivers cuomo, Bruno Mars, as well as an endless list of equally talentless clowns. I highly doubt anyone around here is lame enough to get down to this shit, but I am exposed to a maddening amount of his stuff at work on a daily basis, and sometimes I just need to let it out.

And about 90% of that rant can be applied to Pitbull as well. Go die you fuck. DALÉ!

The Beatles were never good.

Everyone got caught up in Beatlemania and how dreamy they were and how different their music was compared to other music in the 1960's, but that's it. They were (and two of them still are) awful musicians and songwriters. Especially compared to modern rock music, they are just... just terrible. I will never understand when someone my age tells me that's who their favorite band is.