Thrice - Illusion of Safety deal

Looks like someone is selling a couple of Illusion of Safety LPs for $20. Shitty thing is that they're from Tokyo, but a good deal none the less! Sorry if the link doesn't work, I'm on my phone.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/THRICE-The-Illusion-Of-Safety-LP-Sub-City-/270908249846?pt=Music_on_Vinyl&hash=item3f1363d6f6#ht_1249wt_922

Thrice vinyl is fucking insane right now

Agreed. That being said, I'm surprised this was on eBay for as long as it was at that price (a few hours). It seems like there are always 100 people scowering the boards and eBay waiting to pounce.

They also gained a whole new fan base with vheissu. I think the reason for their longevity/increasing popularity is because of how much the band has evolved since they first started out. It's irritating as hell that people still pull the "old shit is better" card when they aren't even really the same band as when they first started out. I mean really look at the scene they came from or better yet were pigeonholed into and look where most of those bands are today. They are still churning out crap that is increasingly worse each year or they quit & formed other bands/moved on with life because they played that style of music to death.

They have evolved a ton. The stuff they are playing now doesnt sound anything like their first few records. Their sound is much more "mature". That being said, I still enjoy Illusion and Artist way more than anything else they have done in their career. Vheissu was really good but after that they started to lose me. Alchemy and M/M are good albums but I dont enjoy them nearly as much as their earlier stuff. Beggars is just "meh" at best for me. Illusion is the album that really got me into Thrice so that one will always likely be my favorite by them. I didnt even really like Artist as much as I do now when it first came out cause I thought that one was a lot different than Illusion at the time and back then I just wanted Illusion pt. 2.

All around great band though, all great guys too. Some of the best dudes Ive had the pleasure of meeting. Ive never heard anyone say anything bad about them personally.

I didnt even really like Artist as much as I do now when it first came out cause I thought that one was a lot different than Illusion at the time and back then I just wanted Illusion pt. 2.

That was me at the time. I was like that for the first few listens of Illusion of Safety as well.

I played Illusion all the way through and thought, "what the hell man, why are there no lead parts like on T&C?!"

Artist definitely took me a bit to grow into, as did every later release except M/M. For some reason none of it clicked as instantly as IC of IOS, but once it did I was in love.