Was Garth Brooks ever pressed on vinyl?

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

YOu guys ain't listening to the right country. Example: none of that country-pop crap.

i seem to notice too many people enjoying Taylor Swift on this board. it is the prime example of the kind of country i can't get behind. old Country & Western is excellent though.

Garth Brooks falls in the middle of mediocre and decent though. not a fan, especially since my friends in the 90s have beat me over the head with all things country. Shania, Tim McGraw, Garth, Alan Jackson, Loveless, Pam Tillis, Martina, Brooks & Dunn, Yearwood, etc. blah.

A few years ago...Allison told me this about Taylor Swift:

"She's like a golder retriever puppy of the music world! She might annoy the crap out of you and pee on your carpet, but you can't help but love her for her sheer cuteness."

Thought it was funny enough that I saved the quote. Ha!

i think another reason she bugs me is because my 13 yr twin cousins go apeshit for her. they always want me to buy them the cd's or download/burn them, buy concert tickets (which is impossible). i've tried for hours to help them win tickets off the radio even. no dice. i just don't really care for her songs or her, i guess. i'm fickle.

she's the good stuff kids go for...or something.

PS. HAHA ALAN LIKES GARTH BROOKS! SO METAAAAALLLL. 8-)

Old country. Like sung by missing teeth alcoholic drug addled fifty-somethings is really good country. Or Gram Parsons. Fantastic when it was truly 'country' music. Now you've got a sixteen year old girl singing about supposedly the same strife as Waylon Jennings, and the rest. If anyone hasn't heard the album 'Will The Circle Be Unbroken' by the Nitty Gritty Dirt Band, go do it. My favorite piece is the dialogue between Doc Watson and Merle Travis. Ah, now I have to go listen to this again.