netflix suggestions?

brick was really weird--i didn't understand most of the slangy dialogue for like the first 30 minutes or so but caught on and ended up really enjoying it.

it's supposed to be like modern noire or some shit.

i remember really enjoying it, but barely remember the movie at all.

exactly, i didn't know that going in so i was lost at the beginning. i just watched it because JGL's in it.

var ads = new Array("300x250-1.png","300x250-2.png","300x250-3.png");

var num = Math.floor(Math.random()*ads.length);

if(Math.floor(Math.random()*2) == 0)

{

if(Math.floor(Math.random()*2) == 0)

document.write('+':yu1bcrcr]ProBoards Free Forums');

else

document.write('+':yu1bcrcr]ProBoards Free Forums');

}

else

{

document.write('ProBoards Free Forums');

}

ProBoards Free Forums

THE SHAPE OF THINGS - adapted from a play, super awesome, ending rules. Early Paul Rudd. Whether you like him or not it's super worth the watch. Much of the cast was from the stage play too so the acting is at times sub-par but the story is fantastic.

BREAKING UPWARDS - about a couple who after 4+ years of dating are attempting to break up. Sappy but I'm a sucker for that shit, overall solid watch though.

I also back Lilyhammer and X-Files.

Seven Samurai or The Third Man.

Both are great criterion collection movies.

I like the Magnificent Seven more than I like Seven Samurai.

All of the Kurosawa movies are good though (Yojimbo and Roshomon are probably the other most popular). "The Hidden Fortress" has characters that are usually considered the inspiration for the characters of the Star Wars movies.

If we are going way back, anything with Alfred Hitchcock's name is pretty reliable, too.

i'll recommend atom egoyan's "THE SWEET HEREAFTER". pretty gripping and sad movie, but in a real and heartfelt way. it's hard to explain. it pretty much hits you pretty hard and the whole movie takes on a somber tone throughout. while it's not a exact interpretation of the book, it's pretty damn good. mind you, if you don't like slow pace movies, it's not worth watching. i do think the slow pace is a part of what makes the whole movie great due to the subject matter.

there is also tim roth's "THE WAR ZONE". the story revolves around a family and the son who witnesses a unspeakable act and how it affects him and the family. it's raw, it's stark, it's unyielding. i really wish i could find someone who has seen it as i never get to talk to anyone in regards to this movie.

Tucker And Dale Vs. Evil should still be on there.

Easily one of the besr horror-comedies ever. I'd compare it to Idle Hands and Shaun Of The Dead.

I liked this movie too. Better than Idle Hands, not as good as Shaun of the Dead (not that post implied an ordering).

I'd argue that Idle Hands is the greatest movie ever made.

Young Jessica Alba in undies and a Tom Delonge cameo. That's a hard act to follow!