Matt Skiba and the Sekrets - Babylon (May 8)

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i was really excited for this after hearing voices and all fall down. however after listening to the leak a few times, i'm furious. if skiba can't stop ripping off alk3 (himself as well as dan) then he needs to stop being in 3489723409 bands. Several songs on this Sekrets LP has vocal and guitar melodies stripped DIRECTLY out of Crimson-era Alk3 songs.

there are some good songs, don't get me wrong. i just can't stand when bands rip themselves off and recycle their material, especially across side projects.

/rant

i was really excited for this after hearing voices and all fall down. however after listening to the leak a few times, i'm furious. if skiba can't stop ripping off alk3 (himself as well as dan) then he needs to stop being in 3489723409 bands. Several songs on this Sekrets LP has vocal and guitar melodies stripped DIRECTLY out of Crimson-era Alk3 songs.

there are some good songs, don't get me wrong. i just can't stand when bands rip themselves off and recycle their material, especially across side projects.

/rant

You can't have your cake and eat it too.

/rant

You can't have your cake and eat it too.

oh, you. that old phrase hardly applies here. also it never really made any sense to begin with.

/rant

I agree with this entirely. There's a disgusting amount of parts in this where you can sing an Alk3 chorus or verse overtop a Sekrets song and would never be ever to tell the difference. To be fair, you could sing a lot of post-Mourning choruses over many of Skiba's post-Mourning songs, but its really become entirely inexcusable at this point.

Skiba, if you've got nothing left to say, you don't need three bands to say it.

/rant

I agree with this entirely. There's a disgusting amount of parts in this where you can sing an Alk3 chorus or verse overtop a Sekrets song and would never be ever to tell the difference. To be fair, you could sing a lot of post-Mourning choruses over many of Skiba's post-Mourning songs, but its really become entirely inexcusable at this point.

Skiba, if you've got nothing left to say, you don't need three bands to say it.

exactly. also, +1 for life aquatic awesomeness.

/rant

yeah the chorus for falling like rain is pretty much a direct rip off of eating me alive. but i don't mind, i still dig the whole album and it's not like it's exactly the same song

We have not had a straight up answer as to when we can expect these from the distro. So it is possible Interpunk are having the same issue. I am just told any day now. It has been very hard giving an update on this with no answer as to what is going on and when we can expect. I have been asking since a week before release date. Hope that helps and they arrive to everyone soon!