PO: Sum 41 - All Killer, No Filler

Ok, first your logic is extremely poor. More so than mine. Let's take a look at returning the "warped" lp. Who do you return it to? SRC or Asbestos. i never said you're not able to send it back either one or that Revhq or any other distros would take them back . All i said was he probably had more to ship out for that was said in one of his previous posts. Why take on the task of issuing replacements if not all the orders were shipped in the first place. Finish one step 100% then go to the next. I'm sure the next step is contacting individuals that want the replacements or refunds.

Second, blaming of the USPS. What have you or any others done to voice your concern with USPS? Still have not heard any one reaching out to their local branch and filing a complaint. I blame YOU for not bringing these issues to their desk. To me you are complaining and whining to people that have no control over a package that leaves their facility/home for yours. The pics provided show a "USPS Strong Man/Women" Competition with some of the packages. How the hell would an extra piece of cardboard have saved it from arriving "U" shaped? Anyone experiencing extreme heat too? Anyone? i guess it's just where i live that it's been in the upper 90's for almost three weeks straight. Extra bubble wrap or card board in a LP mailer would not have kept the heat from getting to the items. I mean if you paid a little extra maybe Flood or SRC could have thrown in some cold packs. Then I guess you could complain about water damage then.

Third, Asbestos' budget. I have no knowledge nor do i care what their budget is. If Flood puts out records and says he can deliver them by X day or X month then I expect it to happen. I understand there are set backs and missed dates but I believe he has expressed that it's just him doing the shipping, emails, account, inventory management, licensing, and so on and so forth. And how the hell would raising the price of shipping or charging more for the record keep the heat at bay or less warping. It's cardboard and plastic! It's not designed to lower temperatures in trucks/vans or packages!

I do not know Flood on personal level. I have never communicated directly with him, met him in person, or skype'd with him, or talked to him on any other message board. All I know is there are MANY factors that played into this and extra packaging of bubble wrap or a piece of card board would deter the heat wave across this country. If I am wrong about the bubble wrap and card board please let me know. Also, if any one has filed a complaint with the USPS I would like to here your story of what they said.

Second and final rant is done.

okay first of all, read what i wrote. i specifically quoted a particular part about you which i called poor logic. it was the part where you had said that people are dumb for refusing to buy records from one distrib. because of one bad transaction. i didnt quote your entire first "rant" because i had no issues with it except for the one part. please re-read what i wrote because it's not worth explaining if you couldnt get it at first. (not that it matters, this is the internet)

secondly, i think we can narrow the issue down to the first USPS where asbestos dropped off the records as the origin of damaging records. i cant say this for sure, its only speculation. but i know my local USPS has never delivered a fucked up record as this one. also, the damaged records werent contained into one area, people from all areas received damaged records. had the damaged records been in southern california only, then yes it's worth it to voice to USPS. but telling my local USPS who has delivered nothing but good service to me that they delivered 1 piece of destroyed goods is beyond retarded. so take your white knight "tell your USPS" concern elsewhere.

on extra packing materials. are you 14 years old and new to this? the point that we're arguing is that asbestos put 0 extra packaging materials at all. if there was some packaging materials, we couldnt blame asbestos but the fact that there was 0 shows how much little thought and care was put into it. the packing materials is meant to keep the contents from possibly bending/breaking. so YES i can agree that the extra bubble wrap and cardboard has a HUGE role in preventing shipping damage to vinyl. next time you order a vinyl, open the box and tell me that theres not cardboard or other packaging materials.

so you believe the majority of these halfpipe record's damage was done by the sun? ill admit the sun can damage records but it would not warp these records to the extremes that people have received them. it was all shipping damage which could possibly have been avoided by putting in extra packing materials.

I think a lot of people overestimate the resources smaller labels have at their disposal. For the record, I'm not defending however the packages were shipped in this instance, because I just don't know.

This is just a general observation what people aren't grasping here are that labels like mine, Asbestos, Dead Broke, Animal Style, Dirt Cult, Art of the Underground, Kiss of Death, Bitter Melody, all the small labels on VC that post all the time, etc... don't have the resources to absorb these costs....if we did we would be charging $20+ for records before shipping.

Secondly, we need proof of damage, so at least email pictures to the label (probably the email you paypal'd money to) and wait a couple days.That label might be in the midst of mailing out an enormous amount of packages...or it could be 2 shipments...you never know. You have to learn to be patient.

One of the ways to rectify these things is that you'll have to ship the record back to be verified...records sometimes have a bit of "play" in them, it doesn't automatically mean that it's a flawed copy.

Don't immediately go on a messageboard and declare that you've been robbed or slighted. if the label fucked it up, they'll fix it. especially one like ours where you have an enormous amount of clarity throughout the entire process of pressing any record. You know why? because it's one person...there isn't an entire department of people delegating info to the social media director...

Mailorder is and has never been a fail-safe way of delivering records...sometimes packages don't arrive and sometimes they get damaged in the shipping process and most of the time they arrive with no harm whatsoever...but a couple out of a thousand are gonna have problems.

I work for the USPS in a medium sized city....all you people blaming the carriers...I can tell you where i work, 99 percent of the time, its not the carriers fault.

Our truck arrives at 5AM and in that truck, there are huge containers/cages that all the packages come in. This is where this kind of problem with damaged stuff happens. The people at the processing plants are the ones that would be causing these damaged packages because they just throw a TON of shit in these huge containers and dont give a shit about if there are much heavier packages laying on top of smaller packages.

In my office, if we get a damaged package(which does happen a lot) we just write on the package "received damaged" with the date so the customer knows we personally didnt do it.

As far as packages sitting in the carriers truck all day, that happens every single day..the carriers HAVE to follow their route so if youre on the last part of the route, then your package is going to sit there all day but all our vehicles at my office have A/C so that shouldn't cause an issue.

Sorry if that all doesnt make sense but i thought id give an insight in to how things actually work. (At least in my office).

Whether other actions could have been taken or not, patience is what needs to be displayed.

This.

Venting is fine (I regularly do it and am about to do it right now)... My problem is that I just find it a bit irritating to see people complain that they didn't receive an instantaneous response from Flood, who made it really clear that he was busy getting orders out... And the people that send more than one email? Seriously? If he didn't get to your first email, trust that he's busy (at least for a reasonable amount of time given the situation- popular release, day job, etc.) and that he'll reply to your first email. All you're doing with your second email is wasting time (yours and the recipient's). When he gets to responding to emails, instead of addressing someone else's problem, he's wasting time with your second email.

Oh, and if you're writing to say that yours arrived in perfect condition but it should have been packed better, you need to die. Kidding... Just found those comments a little laughable... But hell, what do I know? This whole discussion, including (maybe even especially) my "contritbution" is a little silly, but hell, kills some time in my work day!

Anyway, what's everyone think of the release? I got mine a few days ago but haven't had time to listen to it... Planning to today. Maybe I'll plan a whole theme thing- call my parents and tell them they'll never understand me, have conversations with friends that don't involve work, smoke clove cigarettes and stay up past 10 on a week night. I'm so jealous of everyone on here in their teens... Except I ate ice cream and chips for dinner, so suck on that...

Maybe I'll plan a whole theme thing- call my parents and tell them they'll never understand me, have conversations with friends that don't involve work, smoke clove cigarettes and stay up past 10 on a week night. I'm so jealous of everyone on here in their teens... Except I ate ice cream and chips for dinner, so suck on that...

Haha. Yeah, I'm kinda wondering how people in their teens can even understand the nostalgia associate with this record. I was 13-14 when this came out and I got the CD about that time. So the people 18-20 now were 6-8 years old when this came out...

finally got my copy today from my friend who ordered it for me over in chicago :) after hearing people on here with warped copies creased covers etc i feared the worst as this has been in the post 2 times now! my vinyl is awesome no warping at all and the sleeve has no dings/creases or bends proper happy, thanks flood... but next time just sort it out so us people across the pond can order from you and save me some hassle!

next up does this look infected on lime green and orange yea?

Haha. Yeah, I'm kinda wondering how people in their teens can even understand the nostalgia associate with this record. I was 13-14 when this came out and I got the CD about that time. So the people 18-20 now were 6-8 years old when this came out...

I'm 19. I was 8 years old when this came out. It was one of the first CDs I ever got and I listened to it hundreds and hundreds of times. I love this record and can absolutely appreciate the nostalgia that it holds.

My white arrived yesterday and is so warped that I can't play it, currently storing it under a bunch of books lol. Red arrived today and is absolutely perfect, no warping at all. Still kinda weird that the person who bought it for me had to add an extra piece of cardboard before shipping it to me, but it didn't warp before that anyway so I'm happy.

Sent mine back with delivery confirmation and they got it last Saturday. Here it is Wednesday and they won't respond to any of my attempts of contacting them to see whats going on. Pretty awesome!

Sunday was Flood's birthday...he also took the week off from work, so I wouldn't be surprised that he took off a few days of checking his email.