What are some cool/unique records?

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

John Linnell from They Might Be Giants put this out a few years ago.;

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_KVlB3grV1lY/SSO_fJUotMI/AAAAAAAABbs/2iSiMx_zoR4/s400/P1020476.JPG

ruination had a 7" using a similar (or the same die-cast) but was on clear vinyl

also, the Mushuganas / Volatiles split 7" had 2 sets of grooves on each side playing either the bands original or a GG Allin cover.

I know of the thirdman one, it's the triple decker I listed in the first post :)

Feel free to post the video though, that record is waaaaay awesome.

Wasnt there a Benny hill record or something that was labeled the 3 sided record? One side had two sets of grooves on it or something

one of the third man records 7" from the green series has two sets od grooves on the b side. Its the one with the auctioneer, the b side has two different sets of auctions depending which groove it catchs onto first. I have it, pretty cool if you add me.

My label is putting out a record next month that plays from the center to the outside

A few tracks and details about the release are here http://www.lightsresolve.com/site/store/

Lyrics sheet made with band members blood!?!?

with a split groove, if a turntable is stable/level etc, what determines which way the needle goes when it hits the split? i can't imagine it's random, also wouldn't several plays cause the record to always play one way of the split if the needle wasn't somehow guided into the other?

i'm baffled by this.

with a split groove, if a turntable is stable/level etc, what determines which way the needle goes when it hits the split? i can't imagine it's random, also wouldn't several plays cause the record to always play one way of the split if the needle wasn't somehow guided into the other?

i'm baffled by this.

I've always wondered this as well.

surely the two sets of grooves start at different points on the record. say one is on one side and the other is on the complete opposite. so while the record is turning before the needle is placed on to it, it has the chance of landing in between one of two of the grooves. i imagine thats how it would be random. i hope that makes sense

one of the third man records 7" from the green series has two sets od grooves on the b side. Its the one with the auctioneer, the b side has two different sets of auctions depending which groove it catchs onto first. I have it, pretty cool if you add me.

My label is putting out a record next month that plays from the center to the outside

A few tracks and details about the release are here http://www.lightsresolve.com/site/store/

Gonna be a mix of blood and red screen printing ink. The band is gonna film the whole thing and make a promo video with it. Gonna be out next month

Gonna be a mix of blood and red screen printing ink. The band is gonna film the whole thing and make a promo video with it. Gonna be out next month

Maybe its just me, but I'd prefer other peoples bodily fluids not be a part of my record collection.

That would be really cool and new if KISS didn't already do something similar 35 years ago.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kiss_%28comics%29

Maybe its just me, but I'd prefer other peoples bodily fluids not be a part of my record collection.

wait until you see my brown GG allin record

surely the two sets of grooves start at different points on the record. say one is on one side and the other is on the complete opposite. so while the record is turning before the needle is placed on to it, it has the chance of landing in between one of two of the grooves. i imagine thats how it would be random. i hope that makes sense

This makes sense, however now i'm questioning my understanding of a "double grooved" LP...

Unless I suppose with that type of LP it's easier to distinguish between the two grooves so you can choose which you are dropping the needle into?