Russian Circles Vinyl Box Set from Sargent House

all RC = awesome. prolly wont spring for this boxset though, unless there's extra jamz or sumfin.

^ this. My favorite LP of theirs changes every day. New to the 'new' vinyl and not impressed with SH pressings. Pirate Press=some good listening.

Saw them live last week for the first time... Empros at first disappointed me, but with a few listens, knew 309 was going to be their live opener ... And... they played Carpe, too. Dave is a BEAST on the kit.

^^You have to be the coolest dad, with even cooler taste in music! what did you think of enter and station?

wow, thanks, our 4 kids don't always think so ;) but it was an honor for our 19 y/o to invite me to go with his college buds (well, after all I introduced him to RC \o/ )

Enter is awesome start to finish. Even our 14 y/o daughter wanted to buy New Macabre for her ipod last Christmas!

Station: Campaign would be the only weakish track, but then you got Harper Lewis and Station -- double punch,!! and Verses was my favorite, being more of a postrocker than metallic-- they played Youngblood in Concert. love Xavii mellowness.

Geneva: I hear some don't like this at all, but it has been the best 'grower' of all 4, they played Geneva track-- that's all from Geneva. I mellow out on Hexed All, such an absolute beautiful, simple melody, and can hum it all day long. When the Mountain and Philos are just great postrock.

Empros: I think Mladek being the track they leaked, it was good/not great for me, so I wasn't expecting much, but I think it's (edit) their most metallic record thus far. My son - he loves that track-, but 309 ranks up there with Carpe and Micah for me now!! Never get tired of 309 and live it was just killer!

Schipol was excellent-- Mike used his Jazzmaster for that one and my son was eagle eye on his pedal board settings, but he was totally blown away by the fact that Mike was using a 'new' Les Paul which is the exact same model my son plays. He spent a chunk of change imitating Mike's pedalboard from manual labor money this summer-- but made him save the rest. He wants to go see Rush for the 3rd time in 2 years, new tour. Praise Be Man--meh. At least they tried something different. I won't turn any of their tracks off or skip though.

Hoping Gifts From Enola will start there new tour here in Virginia and not go to Russia or Australia so I can finally see them live. Always working! But I digress.

I forgot the best part: during Death Rides a Horse, a mosh started up in the center front, so were far enough away to watch without getting dragged in there. but it was a controlled mosh and the dudes sort of let the chicks and other geezers like me out of the way when they started going :lol:

For a crowd of 300+, it was amazing/ and best concert I've been to in eons!

(I got the Geometric Shirt when ordered Empros vinyl, my son got the Hand-eye, and he picked some more merch at the show)

I'm sort of glad since Enter, there aren't 6 varieties of vinyl to chase down LOL. Space is finite in a house with 4 wonderful kids--well, oldest is back at college now, playing Harper Lewis and trying to get his 2 roommates to learn Station next. He's got the guitar part about 90%.

apologies for long post and OT, that box set might just be holiday present of some kind, we'll see... B)

Hoping Gifts From Enola will start there new tour here in Virginia and not go to Russia or Australia so I can finally see them live. Always working! But I digress.

GFE are playing at Blue Nile at the end of September. You should go. I've seen many awesome GFE shows there.

https://www.facebook.com/events/106299056186661/

GFE are playing at Blue Nile at the end of September. You should go. I've seen many awesome GFE shows there.

https://www.facebook...06299056186661/

Sharkticon, sir, THANK YOU for the heads up! Making arrangements now to find this Blue Nile you speak of and I see they have Saturday --w00t!-not working (edit) Sept 29th--per FB like you said. Blue Nile calendar looks like Oct 6, I must have misread it...

Same night as Caspian, Cursive, Minus the Bear, $27 and 90 minutes drive vs. $4 and 3 1/2 hrs to H'burg...& maybe motel....

@Drds89

No apology necessary, I really enjoyed that story and wish most of the older posters would post stuff like that. I hope your son didn't spend all that money he earned on that deluxe memory man! Haha.

If you liked the mellower stuff of theirs, then you might like that split they did with these arms are snakes, they have a superior version (IMO) of philios on it.

And from one fellow enter collector to another (we're actually after the same two variants) there's actually one more pressing of it on black that nobody seems to have any info on..and it's NOT a test press. I've seen it only once for sale and never again.

Thanks alot for sharing!

@Drds89

No apology necessary, I really enjoyed that story and wish most of the older posters would post stuff like that. I hope your son didn't spend all that money he earned on that deluxe memory man! Haha.

If you liked the mellower stuff of theirs, then you might like that split they did with these arms are snakes, they have a superior version (IMO) of philios on it.

And from one fellow enter collector to another (we're actually after the same two variants) there's actually one more pressing of it on black that nobody seems to have any info on..and it's NOT a test press. I've seen it only once for sale and never again.

Thanks alot for sharing!

Thanks for reading ...and the reminder on the Split-- I don't have it (yet), & need to listen to it again actually. NO! not another version of ENTER... :) It's all yours. I started out only wanting one version of each of the four, then... you know how that goes...down the slippery slope.

PS Yes, the looper was a chunk of change-- but honestly I don't know if he got the Deluxe Memory Man. I should get him posting on here.

From way back on May 10:

is the russian circles box set you mentioned really going to happen?
no we have decided to just re press all the past 3 albums for now and wait until their next album to release a really special 5 album set that will also be their 10 year anniversary as a band

http://4ms.me/PSCoee

dammit. last three albums? no Enter?? (the only one I need) I don't really care about the box, but would love to get a copy of Enter for a decent price.

I think by "last 3" they mean Enter, Station and Geneva as Empros is still plentifully in print since it was only released last October.

I hope they do plain black for at least Station and it wouldn't hurt for Enter to have a standard black release.